EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 05-31-2009, 11:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Cancel Spellcast in Click-Cure

Is there a way to add cancel spellcast to the click-cure system?

There was a previous post on this by Rotchilde i think, but he/she refers to a XML file that looks different to mine.

In eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml there is a line that looks like this:

<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" Location="2,0" Name="Cure1" OnPress="parent.parent.CancelSpells.Activated=parent.parent.parent.Persona.Insta Click useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure Arcane useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure Elemental useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure Spells target_previous" ScrollExtent="82,19" Size="82,19" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" />
<Button BackgroundOpacity="0.000" Location="86,0" Name="Cure5" OnPress="parent.parent.CancelSpells.Activated=parent.parent.parent.Persona.Insta Click useabilityonplayer parent.parent.Name.LocalText Cure Curse target_previous" ScrollExtent="19,19" Size="19,19" Style="/Fetish.ButtonStyles.invisible" Tooltip="Curse" />

Should i add a cancel spellcast to the button Cure1? Or should i edit another file?

Thanks!
Unread 05-31-2009, 08:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

The insta click feature just allows a Fetish mod user to select whether they want to cancel spells prior to click cures.

If you want to do that all the time, just use the code specified in parent.parent.CancelSpells which does the work of cancel current cast and queued spells then the rest of the code you listed is used to perform the click cures.
Unread 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

I'm a bit confused on what you're trying to accomplish. This is currently controlled by a checkbox in the Persona window.

Go to the Persona Window and click the checkbox next to InstaClick Ability. This is in the Persona window and NOT in the game Options windows. The tool tip for the checkbox says "Click abilities cast immediately by canceling curent cast and qued abilities."

As long as that button is checked, clicking a cure will cancel whatever you're currently doing and cast the cure instead. My player window add-on that allows you to cure yourself with potions uses this setting as well. Here's what the code means:

parent.parent.CancelSpells.Activated=parent.parent.parent.Persona.InstaClick

parent.parent.CancelSpells.Activated is the True/False setting that controls whether the currently casting spell should be cancelled or not.

parent.parent.parent.Persona navigates up through the tree of objects from the window you are currently clicking on, up three levels, and then down to the Persona window.

Persona.InstaClick is the checkbox I mentioned above in the Persona window.

So if that checkbox is checked, its value is True. If it's not checked, its value is false. So when it takes CancelSpells.Activated and assigns it the value of Persona.InstaClick, what it's doing is cancelling the currently casting spell if, and ONLY if, you have that checkbox checked. If it's not checked, it won't cancel it.

This is NOT to be confused with the game option that controls whether or not spells get queued up. The InstaClick setting in the Persona window, unless I'm wrong, ONLY controls whether the cure buttons, and the three programmable buttons in the raid window, cancel the currently casting spells. It does NOT mean that your spells will no longer queue like they do now.

Is this what you were trying to do or am I completely confused (highly possible)?
Author -Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator
Lead Programmer for EQ2U