This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
you might want to actually make that have a link to it
lol eh! Sabotage! I swear that us to have a link

Thanks for the catch taco!

Last edited by Landiin : 09-10-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Unread 09-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Default Hot FIX POST

No HotFIx available

Last edited by Landiin : 01-08-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Unread 09-10-2005, 12:39 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Great Job

Great job on this interface

When you get time you think you can update the version number on the screens just so it matches what version your own.

It is a small thing, I know.

Unread 09-11-2005, 08:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Landiin, I am new to EQ2 and the first thing I did was go hunting for UI mods (I've been playing WoW for a long time)

I tried a few out, and all caused trouble... Then I came across yours, eXtremeUI... Wow, what an experience... This is totally awesome!

I have a few questions, however:

1. In the top-left panel there is a button called "Info" that shows harvesting info... I can't remove that window again, if I press the button again, nothing happens, and the harvesting info window has no X to close it.

2. there is a big invisible window over my screen, I can't see it, I can't remove it, but it does so I can't click through it (I can't turn my character with the mouse, if I click where that window is), if I move my mouse, I see the cursor changing to the arrows to resize, move, and window options. What is this window, how do I remove it, how do I see all the windows that are open in an UI?

3. the little group window, in the bottom-right, is overlapping with the "maintained spells" window, and my persona stats. and those three windows are not resized correctly, there's like 3 or 4 pixels hole through to the background (minor detail)

I am using 1280x1024, btw.

//Xesc on Steamfont

Of 5 bananas, I would give you:

... +
Unread 09-11-2005, 11:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

Is there plans for long-term support for this UI?

I feel like an a** asking this question, as it looks well supported thus far, but I had bad experiences in EQ1 finding UI's I loved, only to have the very next in-game patch render the UI obsolete. Somehow I always chose the UI's that didn't get updated. Then I'd have to find and download a new one, as I was never able to go back to the Default.

I'd very much like to escape the default UI of EQ2, and this UI looks completely awesome, everything I'd want in a UI - and then some! And already set and ready for DoF, too(?)!
I'm at work atm, or I'd probably already be downloading, installing, and trying this one - it just looks too nice not to take the chance.

-Sinistryelle Valdr, Innoruuk's Inquisitor (35)
Nightmare Immortals, Crushbone Server
Unread 09-11-2005, 12:39 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Guild Logo

Hi there, loving the UI btw...just keeps getting better and better.

I had a question tho with the Guild Logo (not necessary directed towards Landin)...every time I log in or zone I see the "guild logo" and I was pleased to see that there was some direction as how to change it with paintshop. However, as I don't have paintshop or any program that can even open the guild logo file...nor do I have any artistic abilities should I ever attain one...is there any secret stash of equivalent picture files that might be used to replace the guild logo file.

Thanks for any help.
Unread 09-11-2005, 12:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I ran into on small problem. i can not type anything into the chat options window. right now i am unable to change the names for the chat tabs or type anything to join/create a chat cannel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chat options problem.JPG
Views:	235
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	3646  
Unread 09-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Couple more problems I ran across and ya I know we're about 12 hours from patch

Chat windows ... so how I musta clicked something now I have about 6-7 chatwindows opened and are sitting under my main window I resized to cover them.. There's no way that I found I could close them and one of them (which I can't find) must be the main window, as everytime I load I have click always chat here into the window that I've already got set up the way I like it.. Now this could be an easy fix (I hope so)

Rest below is some little graphic glitches I came across with the lastest patch.. I'm running 1280x1024 (all my monitor lets me do) I also know this is an interm fix .. but pointing out so they don't carry forward

- The target bar is resizing to what ever I'm targeting .. so if its person its fine, do a harvesting node window resizes to fix just the node leaving huge gaps (basically halfsize)

Also the whole fit of everything seems to be lost with the bottom part of the UI .. Eg. the full sized target window doesn't fit the \____/ gap .. either the gap grew or the target bar shrunk totally.. (my guess its the target bar)
There now seems to be a tiered look on the left hand side of the gap on the diagonal section but not on the right (I've done a UI from scratch for EQ1 that had similar ideas but never did release it .. I know how much of a pain doing the diagonal sections are .. having done something similar with the graphic ends .. the the alpha still boggles me at times .. but if you want some design help PM me and I'd be willing to help out if you want)

On my UI somehow raid and inv always starts opened .. anyway to turn these off?

That should about do it ... thanks for great UI
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:13 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScales
Great job on this interface

When you get time you think you can update the version number on the screens just so it matches what version your own.

It is a small thing, I know.

Hmm I changed it to 2.13 I had throught.. I'll look again.
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:25 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesc
Landiin, I am new to EQ2 and the first thing I did was go hunting for UI mods (I've been playing WoW for a long time)

I tried a few out, and all caused trouble... Then I came across yours, eXtremeUI... Wow, what an experience... This is totally awesome!

I have a few questions, however:

1. In the top-left panel there is a button called "Info" that shows harvesting info... I can't remove that window again, if I press the button again, nothing happens, and the harvesting info window has no X to close it.

2. there is a big invisible window over my screen, I can't see it, I can't remove it, but it does so I can't click through it (I can't turn my character with the mouse, if I click where that window is), if I move my mouse, I see the cursor changing to the arrows to resize, move, and window options. What is this window, how do I remove it, how do I see all the windows that are open in an UI?

3. the little group window, in the bottom-right, is overlapping with the "maintained spells" window, and my persona stats. and those three windows are not resized correctly, there's like 3 or 4 pixels hole through to the background (minor detail)

I am using 1280x1024, btw.

//Xesc on Steamfont

Of 5 bananas, I would give you:

... +

1. Hmm pressing info again should close it. I'll get a hot fix up for that today.

2. I have no clue. Did you use the the premade 1280x1024 settings file? Have you applied the HotFIx patch? If you havn't trie setting background opacity full on. It could be your knowlage book is open and expaned to full. Try pressing k and see if the window goes away.

3. Some windows my need to be adjusted to fit correctly. It depends on what your cl_letter_box_amount is set at. If its not set the same as mine windows will not be alined correctly. ( my bad for not putting that setting in the eq2.ini file)
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistryelle
Is there plans for long-term support for this UI?

I feel like an a** asking this question, as it looks well supported thus far, but I had bad experiences in EQ1 finding UI's I loved, only to have the very next in-game patch render the UI obsolete. Somehow I always chose the UI's that didn't get updated. Then I'd have to find and download a new one, as I was never able to go back to the Default.

I'd very much like to escape the default UI of EQ2, and this UI looks completely awesome, everything I'd want in a UI - and then some! And already set and ready for DoF, too(?)!
I'm at work atm, or I'd probably already be downloading, installing, and trying this one - it just looks too nice not to take the chance.

-Sinistryelle Valdr, Innoruuk's Inquisitor (35)
Nightmare Immortals, Crushbone Server

You should feel like an a** for asking that. Thats one of the things I looked for in a UI before I made this. So to answer your question.. As long as I have these 2 brain cells left and air in my loungs I'll be suporting this UI.

I enjoy doing things like this so its a hobby of sorts I guess you could say.
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

well i might be a bit dumb...
i installed it but it doesnt load
do i need to upload different things or just click on the big download button ?
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:33 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnydms
Hi there, loving the UI btw...just keeps getting better and better.

I had a question tho with the Guild Logo (not necessary directed towards Landin)...every time I log in or zone I see the "guild logo" and I was pleased to see that there was some direction as how to change it with paintshop. However, as I don't have paintshop or any program that can even open the guild logo file...nor do I have any artistic abilities should I ever attain one...is there any secret stash of equivalent picture files that might be used to replace the guild logo file.

Thanks for any help.
as long as its 1024x256, in .dds format and named guildlogo.dds you should be able to use any thing.
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by demisec
I ran into on small problem. i can not type anything into the chat options window. right now i am unable to change the names for the chat tabs or type anything to join/create a chat cannel.
Has been addressed in the HotFix
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raesoth
Couple more problems I ran across and ya I know we're about 12 hours from patch

Chat windows ... so how I musta clicked something now I have about 6-7 chatwindows opened and are sitting under my main window I resized to cover them.. There's no way that I found I could close them and one of them (which I can't find) must be the main window, as everytime I load I have click always chat here into the window that I've already got set up the way I like it.. Now this could be an easy fix (I hope so)

Rest below is some little graphic glitches I came across with the lastest patch.. I'm running 1280x1024 (all my monitor lets me do) I also know this is an interm fix .. but pointing out so they don't carry forward

- The target bar is resizing to what ever I'm targeting .. so if its person its fine, do a harvesting node window resizes to fix just the node leaving huge gaps (basically halfsize)

Also the whole fit of everything seems to be lost with the bottom part of the UI .. Eg. the full sized target window doesn't fit the \____/ gap .. either the gap grew or the target bar shrunk totally.. (my guess its the target bar)
There now seems to be a tiered look on the left hand side of the gap on the diagonal section but not on the right (I've done a UI from scratch for EQ1 that had similar ideas but never did release it .. I know how much of a pain doing the diagonal sections are .. having done something similar with the graphic ends .. the the alpha still boggles me at times .. but if you want some design help PM me and I'd be willing to help out if you want)

On my UI somehow raid and inv always starts opened .. anyway to turn these off?

That should about do it ... thanks for great UI

Chat Wnidows: Turning on the title bar will make the close button visible in the bottom right corner. Look for it on the right side of the input line.

Target: Are youing the 'NEW' perdigraphics.dds file? The ones in the pack will no longer work untill I get them converted. * if you have applied the hotfixs *

Th rest: See Target:P
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Ok need some feed back here real fast.

Should you name stay in the player window of should it be removed?

I was fiddling around looking at things and thought to myself, do I really need to be told who I am? I know who I'm playing so does that name need to be there?

If I took out the name I could make the health and power bras a bit thicker and add teh slashing, crushing stats to the bottom and not a toggel thing.

So what do you think?
Unread 09-11-2005, 02:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
You should feel like an a** for asking that. Thats one of the things I looked for in a UI before I made this.
I'm sorry, I really am. I guess I'm just scared of a repeat of my EQ1 UI nightmare. I've fought off the urge to do away with the default UI for this long, but seeing yours broke down all my defenses

Quote:
So to answer your question.. As long as I have these 2 brain cells left and air in my loungs I'll be suporting this UI.

I enjoy doing things like this so its a hobby of sorts I guess you could say.
Very glad to hear it, I'll be downloading it as soon as I get home from work!
Unread 09-11-2005, 03:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:

I was fiddling around looking at things and thought to myself, do I really need to be told who I am? I know who I'm playing so does that name need to be there?

If I took out the name I could make the health and power bras a bit thicker and add teh slashing, crushing stats to the bottom and not a toggel thing.

So what do you think?
Take it away - and make room for nicer things
Unread 09-11-2005, 03:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:

So what do you think?

I don't see why it needs to be there
Unread 09-11-2005, 03:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Has been addressed in the HotFix
just did the hot fix and still can not trype in the chat options window. i am useing 1280x1024.
Unread 09-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Gno Gno Gnadget Gnome
Premium Member

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Chat Wnidows: Turning on the title bar will make the close button visible in the bottom right corner. Look for it on the right side of the input line.

Target: Are youing the 'NEW' perdigraphics.dds file? The ones in the pack will no longer work untill I get them converted. * if you have applied the hotfixs *

Th rest: See Target:P

Yup using the new graphics files that came with the patch .. posting shots with this post .. (just wish I could test this on a higher res then 1280x1024)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ui1.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	3647  Click image for larger version

Name:	ui2.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	3648  Click image for larger version

Name:	ui3.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	3649  Click image for larger version

Name:	ui4.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	3650  
Unread 09-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistryelle
I'm sorry, I really am. I guess I'm just scared of a repeat of my EQ1 UI nightmare. I've fought off the urge to do away with the default UI for this long, but seeing yours broke down all my defenses

Very glad to hear it, I'll be downloading it as soon as I get home from work!
ROFL.. I should reread my stuff sometimes.. I didn't mean should I ment shouldn't.. SOrry about that
Unread 09-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raesoth
Yup using the new graphics files that came with the patch .. posting shots with this post .. (just wish I could test this on a higher res then 1280x1024)
Oh' So glad you posted ss, it helps so much I see you are using con style 1, I don't use that one and only really tested it once a long time ago. I'll go revisit it and see why its doing that thing it does:P
Unread 09-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by demisec
just did the hot fix and still can not trype in the chat options window. i am useing 1280x1024.
Ok get the hotfix again(added a file), the file you will be interested in is eq2ui_mainhuid_chatoptions.xml. See if that fixes your trouble.

Its working on mine but then there is a lot of changes on mine that will go live tonight. but hopefully this will get you up and going untill then.
Unread 09-11-2005, 04:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Lightbulb Yay, found out what it was! :)

Quote:
2. I have no clue. Did you use the the premade 1280x1024 settings file? Have you applied the HotFIx patch? If you havn't trie setting background opacity full on. It could be your knowlage book is open and expaned to full. Try pressing k and see if the window goes away.
I found out what it was... It's the window tou reserved for the 4 raid group boxes. I clicked off each of the 4 raid buttons, and it seems to be gone, but the blank window is still there. If I click the word "Raid" then it switches to Red, and is still there, then if I click it again, it turns Green, and the blank window is gone

A suggestion: Could you make a routine that checks if the 4 Raid boxes are clicked off, and then automatically turn off the window, and turn the Raid text Green?