Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 11-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis
Default Koolmaniscool's question..

Threads get locked around here faster then they do at SOE forums. Are we so leet now we can't even help the person asking the questing.. I'm must about done with this place with some of your attitudes..

koolmaniscool to answer you questing you haven't supplied the correct path to eq2. Do that and every thing will fall into place. Or Use my updater and just drag and drop you icon into the app.

Last edited by Landiin : 11-02-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Unread 11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Yeah threads get locked here really fast. 1 thread gets locked in what 6 months (not counting spam)? We've always locked necro posts on support threads because 90% of the time their problem is different. In another 6 months please just send me a PM.

Take a deep breath /hugs Landiin

Last edited by Dolby : 11-02-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Unread 11-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Ok maybe I over shot the number of locked threads a little bit.
Unread 11-02-2009, 02:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Threads get locked around here faster then they do at SOE forums. Are we so leet now we can't even help the person asking the questing.. I'm must about done with this place with some of your attitudes..

koolmaniscool to answer you questing you haven't supplied the correct path to eq2. Do that and every thing will fall into place. Or Use my updater and just drag and drop you icon into the app.
when I try your eq2 map download it says Cannot create folder. C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\EQ2MAP111

Thx for reply. I cant beleave I am having such problems. Not from you just this whole thing. I had stopped playing for 2 yrs. I used to have it on my other pc, it was great.
If and when I am able to get that far you said drap and drop in app folder did you mean eq2 maps I am not a comp wiz. I have an idea but where it.
Unread 11-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

If you use my app just open the zip file and extract the file to where ever you want to run it from. The executable name is eq2map.exe. Once you have that unzipped then run it. If you need to give it admin it will tell you to do so before letting you run it.

Once installed go to setup and drag and drop your eq2's shortcut into the eq2's path field and it will parse the shortcut and get the correct path for you. Or you can just brows to your everquest2 folder.

If you are using station launcher just look in the settings and it'll show you where it installed EQ2.

Either way your issue is the current updater doesn't know where eq2 is. You need to find out where it is on you hard drive then tell either updater where it is and you should be good to go.
Unread 11-03-2009, 01:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
If you use my app just open the zip file and extract the file to where ever you want to run it from. The executable name is eq2map.exe. Once you have that unzipped then run it. If you need to give it admin it will tell you to do so before letting you run it.

Once installed go to setup and drag and drop your eq2's shortcut into the eq2's path field and it will parse the shortcut and get the correct path for you. Or you can just brows to your everquest2 folder.

If you are using station launcher just look in the settings and it'll show you where it installed EQ2.

Either way your issue is the current updater doesn't know where eq2 is. You need to find out where it is on you hard drive then tell either updater where it is and you should be good to go.
I will try that. Thanks again for helping me with my problem.
Unread 11-05-2009, 02:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:

Thank you for your help I got it to work. Nice to have ppl like you to help. Some dont.
Unread 11-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmaniscool View Post
Nice to have ppl like you to help. Some dont.
We try. But the reasons the old thread were locked stand -- it's a lot easier for us to help you when we have all the details of your issue from you. Once we had that Landiin was able to help you =)