EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-10-2004, 09:48 PM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Daimond Full Compact V2 Realeased..

i have released a new Vertion of my compact thats a full over hall.

i changed the Background on mostly all the windows that are opened or used alot, to a Slate. there is a slight lag when changing the size of your letterbox though nothing i can do about that, once you got your size though smooth sailing again. The Inventory bags though are ajustable in size and made to 2/3's the normal size, i had to make them ajustable cuase there seems to be a bug that when you ajust the size of them when you have less then a 19 slot bag it only shows your min. 1 line so making it player ajustable solved the problem while letting you keep them open and shrink them to a 1 line bag when you dont need to see more.

Changes inclued..

1- 2/3 inventory bag.
2- Exp. bar that spans the screen for Resolutions of 1024x and 1280x also can right click and see your Trade Exp.
3- Smaller icons for your maintained and effects in a seprit folder in the zip file
4- a compact Player window with stats, class/lvl name and a EXP. % read out also weight and money
5- a vary small inventory with stats
6- Isoms 3/4 hotbar ( its already done so saved me time heh)
7- a larger targeting window (also a regular one in sepret folder with the slate Background)
8- new grafix for the Compass
9- changed all the HP/Power bars on every thing to a new one including the Raid window.
10- took some ones Pet window and changed the HP/Power and new background. cant remember there name.
11- shrunk the start button to 1/2 the size.
12- shrunk the Knowleage book to 2/3 the size and changed backgroup.
13- re-did the Tracking window to a vary small size.
14- used that good journal made by some one here and re-did the Backgroupd a bit.

took the Titles and the Title bar off all normal windows you would usealy access, also changed the Trapping, Disarming and Lockpicking Background windows. havent tested thoughs though no character for testing. so if there bugged remove them from list and let me know.

there is also a readme file included in the .zip along with a eq2.ini file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_daimond.jpg
Views:	1362
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	320  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_daimond1.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	297.4 KB
ID:	321  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_daimond3.jpg
Views:	1161
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	322  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_daimond2.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	323  
Unread 12-11-2004, 02:34 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Should mention to that i made every peace independant of a main file like imagestyle and such. I did not like the idea that if i reliyed on a main .xml file for all the other to rely on for the images that if some one wanted to DL and install another that used say iconstyle or image style that it could over right my stuff and mess up the grafix for the person that still wanted to use some of my stuff.

PS found a mess up in the % in the player window that if under 10% blue bar would only see the % till it got to 10% then you would see the .0% ill be uploading the fix later under the Player windows in the single area so look there for the fixed Player window for thoughs that DLed it before it was ready or Re-upladed the fix to the complete sets area.

Last edited by Daimond : 12-11-2004 at 02:41 PM.
Unread 12-11-2004, 04:09 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Ok fixed the Complete set upload for the Player window.

also uploaded the stand alone fix for the Player window.
also uploaded a few other Standalones like
Inventory, Small Bags, Player window, Exp Bar, and 2/3 size Maintained/Effects windows.

Ill be doing more refining to some windows and make overs to every thing again. ill up load them at some point when there done.
Unread 12-11-2004, 04:31 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Beta 1

nice UI.. but i cant stand that background =P
Unread 12-11-2004, 06:33 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

ya i figered some people would not like it. will be changing the Back ground and uploading a few varations of it.
Unread 12-12-2004, 01:05 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

o another thing if you want the Backgrounds black easyest way to do so is to Delete the file called "daimond_background.dds" or rename it to another name. It will reset the back grounds to black, and if you want another colour that i dont up load in a few days with a few new parts to V3 all you need to do is have a folder with the same name but in a 1024x1024 pixels resolution .dds file in Photoshop.
Unread 12-12-2004, 01:10 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

I like the textured background, personally, just the light part needs to be a lot darker. (Customized on my end.)
Unread 12-12-2004, 12:32 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks Daimond...awesome looking UI. Appreciate your hard work. I like others hope to see some other options for the background. But...I am having a small installation problem. This definately my first UI, so I am sure I am doing something wrong When it installed...colors are there...and I am running 1280x1024 but my windows are in the wrong places! Besides moving them around by hand...is there a way to have them set up like yours? Maybe a playername_servername_.ini problem?

Thanks in advance!
Unread 12-12-2004, 02:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Love the UI as well, but having the same problem as the above poster. I can't seem to get the windows in the same position that you have them at.

Also the UI seems to crash if you have inventory overflow.

Keep getting a 'Encountered data outside of container tags' error in the ui.log

Last edited by Vercingitorix : 12-12-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Unread 12-12-2004, 03:36 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

hmm didnt know about the overflow bug havent had a overflow in a long time. never thought to test that out, ill have to look into that.

as for the positioning ill go in and set it up through the ui, will be on the next build. only problem there is the ui is set standardly for 1024x768 so will have some problem with getting them perfectly unless i find the file that contains my setup in game, but ill pook around for it.
Unread 12-12-2004, 04:55 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

ok fixed the crash problem with the inventory. ill reupload the fix to both the single Inventory upload and the Complete set upload.

if you want to fix it your self though, open the UI Builder and goto the Inventory>Inventory>General page and hilight the Over flow text and make it show Visable. that will fix the Crash problem.

was wondering why the last 2 days could not log on to my Priest in the iland can now heh
Unread 12-13-2004, 02:09 AM
A Brown Bear

Likie the UI, did a good job on it, however i am encountering one little thing...when i open my bags, backpacks etc...and move the window to where i want it , and close and re-open it the bag window is back to its default position, it wont stay where i place it.

Not a big deal, just a little irritating.
Unread 12-13-2004, 03:39 AM
A Griffawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrow
Likie the UI, did a good job on it, however i am encountering one little thing...when i open my bags, backpacks etc...and move the window to where i want it , and close and re-open it the bag window is back to its default position, it wont stay where i place it.

Not a big deal, just a little irritating.
Thats a problem with eq2 and not the ui, sony is working on it from what I hear.
Unread 12-14-2004, 12:47 AM
A Coastal Crab

I really like this UI, except for one small thing: the enormous experience bar. Is there anyway to use all of it except the experience bar?

I've tried everything I can think of: deleting eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml, replacing it with the one from the "Default" folder, etc.

Thanks from an xml noob.
Unread 12-14-2004, 02:32 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

well deleting it should of worked. it should of reverted the Exp bar to the Defualt state. you dont have to copy the Defualt to your folder though.
Unread 12-14-2004, 07:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

love the Player window just a few comments:

I would like to see a casting bar version on the bottom of the window. or If you could just tell me how to move it for myself.

Not sure why but in mine when i install it and then login the stats for my toon are cut off a bit on the first number neext to the pic see below. Any ideas i have tried to make the font smaller and i have also tried to move the position of the numbers but both never seem to work. Update: I fixed the stats just centered the text in the field.

Last I keep loosing the color on the exp bar and the power bar after my second login after its installed also see below. If you could point me the right way I would appriciate it. UPDATE: okay i fixed this as well it seems my uibuilder that sony provides is very glitchy so i am using a text/hex editor that works much better.

Thanks

Last edited by Tasi : 12-14-2004 at 09:38 AM.
Unread 12-14-2004, 08:50 AM
A Coastal Crab

I like this UI , but I have a little problem that's when I spell the cast , I can't see the cast time guru , can you reshow it?? Thx!!!
Unread 12-14-2004, 07:54 PM
A Coastal Crab

Daimond, could you include a copy of your uisettings.ini file? I've been trying to get things arranged like you have them in the screen shots, but I'm having a hard time doing it
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:19 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default simple knowledge window question

I am using just one piece from your wonderful suite right now, the knowledge book. And I would like to figure out how to do just one little thing: get the escape key to close it as happens with the original knowledge window. If you are someone else would give me a little jump start I would try to do it myself.

Thanks for the great work, Daimond.