Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 06-21-2005, 05:23 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost
Default Milquetowst Mods for Fetish Nightfall

These mods are obsolete. Sorry.

-- Darryl

Last edited by DBurgdorf : 01-04-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Unread 06-29-2005, 01:52 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone

Hi Darryl!

I've not been using UIs for long but I downloaded and installed the UI you made these for and was happy to see and download your help and guild window as well!

I would like to thank you for both of them and also thank you for including the guild rank dds file in this newest release too!

Everything installs very easily and works very well with one very minor thing:

I have to click the Help menu item on the EQ2 button twice in order for the help screen to come up, is this normal?

Again, thanks!!
Unread 07-10-2005, 04:04 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazgore
I have to click the Help menu item on the EQ2 button twice in order for the help screen to come up, is this normal?
I've noticed this a few times myself, but only in the Fetish adaptation. It doesn't seem to happen with the main version of the mod at all, and doesn't happen consistently with the Fetish version. So I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not familiar enough with the Fetish Nightfall set to know if this is an issue with its "default" help window, though I suspect it might be.

-- Darryl
Unread 07-15-2005, 05:58 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone

Hello again Darryl!

Included in the zip file for your updated (as of 7/10/05) guild window are a bunch of text files. These are all duplicates of what are included in your help window update so I was unclear as to whether or not they should even be in there.

Just an FYI

Thanks and take it easy!!
Unread 07-15-2005, 06:21 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazgore
Included in the zip file for your updated (as of 7/10/05) guild window are a bunch of text files. These are all duplicates of what are included in your help window update so I was unclear as to whether or not they should even be in there.
The text files are included with both uploads as both mods reference at least some of them, and I didn't bother to pick and choose which files to include with which mod. (Some are in fact referenced by both.)

You only need one set of the text files in your UI dir, though, as both mods call the same files from the same directory.

-- Darryl
Unread 07-31-2005, 06:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Quest Journal-help

I like your Journal (Quest) set-up....but when I install it....everything works except; I do not get any text in the box windows for (Heritage, Writs, LoreLegend & Access) areas. I tried several ways, but still can't make it work...But, I do get the tabs with the names...but NO text in box area.

Can you help me by telling me what I need to do to get the Text in those boxes..

Thank You
Unread 07-31-2005, 08:14 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabih
Can you help me by telling me what I need to do to get the Text in those boxes.
There's really nothing to it. Just make sure that the "milquetowst_info" directory is located in your UI directory along with the XML files.

-- Darryl
Unread 07-31-2005, 10:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Quest journal

Quote:
There's really nothing to it. Just make sure that the "milquetowst_info" directory is located in your UI directory along with the XML files.
I am using Fetish Nightfall.....so I have everything located in my custom folder...I put the eq2ui_journal_quest.xml file into my custom....than all those text file you have....where do they go?

You mentioned the "milquetowst_info" directory... I did not see this file with the download..all I had was that 1 xml file..and the rest where text files....

So therefore I am lost.....

Still No text in those boxes
Unread 07-31-2005, 07:20 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
You mentioned the "milquetowst_info" directory... I did not see this file with the download..all I had was that 1 xml file..and the rest where text files....
The text files are all in subdirectories of the "milquetowst_info" directory. That structure has to be maintained. If you just dumped all the text files directly into the UI folder with the XML files, they will *not* be found by the game, and the info they contain will not show up in the windows.

Make sure you maintain the directory structure when you extract the files from the download.

-- Darryl
Unread 08-01-2005, 01:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Quest Journal-help

This will be my last attempt.....

I am still having same problem as I stated above.....This is how my custom(fetish) UI folder looks:

1) Fetish Ui Folder.......(I put the "eq2ui_journals_quest.xml") in this folder that I downloaded from your mod.

2)images

3)eq2map
As I noted before....the rest of the files that are in this Mod are in ".txt" format.....this is where my problem beings....How & where do I put these ".txt" files at, so that they show up in the appropriate boxes. Example: {Like perhaps naming a sub-folder or what I do not know}...Out of all the mods that I have used....of yours...this is the only one that I am having problems with.
If you can give me a step-by-step..this would help alot...if not...I give up..

PS.This is still the Best Journal Quest I have seen..if only I can get those darn text to show up....

Thankz for the help....RL-Darrell
Unread 08-01-2005, 03:25 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
If you can give me a step-by-step..this would help alot....
The "step-by-step" directions are very simple. As I've already stated, simply put the files *EXACTLY AS THEY APPEAR IN THE DOWNLOAD* into your UI folder.

In your UI folder, you'll thus have various XML files and a "milquetowst_info" directory. Within the "milquetowst_info" directory, you'll have various subdirectories ("harvest," "quests," "rewards," etc.), each of which contain various data text files.

I really can't make it any simpler.

-- Darryl
Unread 08-01-2005, 05:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Quest Journal-working great

Thankz for the Help...directing me more in the right direction with that last post....I just finished checking mod....everything work great....

Thank You
Unread 09-24-2005, 06:16 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hi just downloaded your new guild window really nice setup just getting some errors i have those its not reading them or something

Thanks Lady1

:: Could not access resource guild/../milquetowst_info/rewards/level35.txt
:: Failed to load data from included resource: guild/../milquetowst_info/rewards/level35.txt
:: Could not access resource guild/../milquetowst_info/rewards/level40.txt
:: Failed to load data from included resource: guild/../milquetowst_info/rewards/level40.txt
:: Could not access resource eq2ui_Inventory_ag.xml
Unread 09-24-2005, 08:02 PM
A Griffon

lady1:

First, I've no idea what the "eq2ui_Inventory_ag.xml" file is; that's not in any way related to the guild window. So it's possible -- though it admittedly seems unlikely -- that there's another problem that's somehow impacting the guild window.

Are the "level35.txt" and "level40.txt" files in the directory with the rest of the guild rewards text files? If so, I don't know of any reason why they wouldn't be read, since the other files are.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-24-2005, 08:10 PM
A Griffon

Hi,yes they are in that directory,it reads all from housing to lvl 30 in game

Lady1
Unread 09-24-2005, 08:29 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady1
Hi,yes they are in that directory,it reads all from housing to lvl 30 in game
I'm not sure what to tell you. I just double-checked by loading the game using Fetish Nightfall myself, and the guild window pulled up the level 35 and 40 data right along with everything else. So there doesn't seem to be a problem with the XML file.

My best suggestion would be to delete the guild window XML file and the "milquetowst_info" directory completely, then redownload and install them from scratch.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-25-2005, 01:42 AM
A Griffon

Hi DBurgdorf did what you said redownloaded works like a charm.thanks for your help

Lady1
Unread 09-26-2005, 09:11 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Highkeep

I have just download and install the Milquetowst Quest Journal for Fetish Nightfall. However, I have found that this version is not for the Fetish Nightfall but just the original Milquetowst one............

Anyone have the same problem??
Unread 09-26-2005, 09:17 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by azumi
However, I have found that this version is not for the Fetish Nightfall but just the original Milquetowst one.
You're absolutely right; I put the wrong file in the ZIP. I've uploaded the correct one. Sorry 'bout that!

-- Darryl
Unread 09-27-2005, 05:23 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Scroll Button Goes Grey

Hey D:.. Thanks for the nightfall versions. Just wanted to let you know of a few problems with the journal. Heritage 23 isn't on the index and once I click on 23, my arrows go grey and I cannot scroll back.

I've looked at it but I'm not a modder so I'm really not sure what my problem is.
Unread 09-27-2005, 07:01 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fait
Heritage 23 isn't on the index and once I click on 23, my arrows go grey and I cannot scroll back.
It sounds like you installed the new version of the journal XML file without updating your data directory. Thus, you still have the old index list with only 22 heritage quests, and don't have a walk-thru file for the new one.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-27-2005, 11:56 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
It sounds like you installed the new version of the journal XML file without updating your data directory. Thus, you still have the old index list with only 22 heritage quests, and don't have a walk-thru file for the new one.

-- Darryl
No. I installed the full journal and I do have the walk-thru. I can scroll to it. Once I click it to read it, it will show the walk-thru but it won't let me scroll back. I know you hear it a lot but I installed it by dropping the entire structure into my custom directory. It asked to overwrite the data files and I said yes. I do have h23.txt in the directory. I fixed the index listing by editing heritage.txt (iirc), but I can't figure out why the scrolling thing happens. I'm fine clicking on any other heritage tab.

I will humor you and install it again, but it *shouldn't* fix the problem.

Edit: Oddly enough, I just looked downloaded it again to look at the index file and it does show it. Maybe it was one of the other updates? I put your nightfall guild, journal, and help in yesterday. I'll take a look at each of them and see if maybe one of the others is incorrect....

Edit2: Found it. I installed the Help (didn't have the fetish version) last and it doesn't have the updated quest info. So I got the new stuff but some of it was overwritten by the Help file. I'll install the journal again over that and see if everything is ok. Won't be for a few hrs though. Working.. shhhhh....

Last edited by Fait : 09-27-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Unread 09-28-2005, 01:17 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Unfortunately, I installed the help file and then your newer Fetish Journal over the top and while the index is correct, it is still doing the same thing with the scroll button.

I can click on any heritage but as soon as I click on the SS HQ (23), it displays the walk-thru but turns the scoll arrow "off" so that I can't scroll back to the index or any of the lower HQ's. Zoning doesn't fix it. Opening and closing doesn't fix it.

For now, I'm going to copy h23.txt over to Note02.txt and just keep it as a note.

Last edited by Fait : 09-28-2005 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Clarity
Unread 09-28-2005, 09:47 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fait
I can click on any heritage but as soon as I click on the SS HQ (23), it displays the walk-thru but turns the scoll arrow "off" so that I can't scroll back to the index or any of the lower HQ's. Zoning doesn't fix it. Opening and closing doesn't fix it.
Hmm. I'd actually noticed the same thing when I logged into the game to check the new walk-thru right after adding it, but had attributed it to a random game glitch of the sort we all see occasionally, and didn't give it another thought until you posted your description of the problem. I then went back in and checked again, and sure enough, it wasn't just a random non-repeatable glitch as I'd assumed; both the default and Fetish versions of my quest journal "lock" the tab scroll in exactly that manner, every time the new heritage quest walk-thru is accessed.

*Sigh*

I've no clue what the problem might be, but I'll look into it further as soon as I have a chance.

-- Darryl
Unread 09-29-2005, 04:47 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBurgdorf
I've no clue what the problem might be, but I'll look into it further as soon as I have a chance.

-- Darryl
I appreciate the effort Darryl. I've already made a note out of it so I can have it in-game, so things are working, just not the way you intended.