EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 02-16-2010, 11:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default waypoint issue

i was just wondering if theres a way to get waypoint of poi to show on poi that are on the map , off screen to the side or can you only view and create waypoints that are on the screen on the map [centered on player]?
Unread 02-16-2010, 11:38 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default Alt W

I don't know if this will answer your question but...

If you hit Alt W with the map up you can spam the 'map location' and watch for the blue circle to appear. If it's off screen just scroll out.
Unread 02-16-2010, 11:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

thanks but i was mainly asking about npc's that are off screen, can you add waypoints to npc's that are off the map screen to the side? because it will only let me add a waypoint to the npc's that i can see on the map
Unread 02-16-2010, 04:08 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

If you zoom all the way out, can't you see the NPC then ?
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yes i can see most npc's when i zoom out, but there are still a number of npcs i cant make waypoints for. are you supposed to be able to put a waypoint for every npc? if so mabey i should re install
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiinity View Post
yes i can see most npc's when i zoom out, but there are still a number of npcs i cant make waypoints for. are you supposed to be able to put a waypoint for every npc? if so mabey i should re install
Are you talking about NPCs that don't have an icon on the map, perhaps? EQ2MAP's POIs come from folks adding them, they're not automatically there for each NPC.
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

possibly, when i click search ,in north quenos for instance, it comes up with the list of all the npc's, and when i double click some of the npc's names on the list on the right of the map, no glowing yellow circle comes up so i cannot add waypoints for them.are you supposed to be able to add waypoints for all npc's on the search list?
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
possibly, when i click search ,in north quenos for instance, it comes up with the list of all the npc's, and when i double click some of the npc's names on the list on the right of the map, no glowing yellow circle comes up so i cannot add waypoints for them.are you supposed to be able to add waypoints for all npc's on the search list?
Just select the NPC's POI and click the path button and it should make a waypoint to them.
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:57 AM
EQ2MAP Developer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Ah, now i know why it don't work, you did a search in one of only a few zones that are combined with another zone.

As North Qeynos is divided in north and south we decided to combine the two, so if you are in N you can search all pois in S to, and the other way around to.
If we dident have done this you had to be on the right map half to be aible to find a poi.

The solution in this case is if you don't see a flashing dot when you press the search result , try move to the other half of the map and try again
Unread 02-19-2010, 02:33 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
Ah, now i know why it don't work, you did a search in one of only a few zones that are combined with another zone.

As North Qeynos is divided in north and south we decided to combine the two, so if you are in N you can search all pois in S to, and the other way around to.
If we dident have done this you had to be on the right map half to be aible to find a poi.

The solution in this case is if you don't see a flashing dot when you press the search result , try move to the other half of the map and try again
ahh that really makes sence, thanks loads for pointing that out to me.