EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-25-2005, 10:57 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

There is no icons on the clock I have uploaded and hasnt been for quite some time now... So go get that and bog off and do some harvesting or somthing in game lol
Unread 10-26-2005, 08:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Erm.

Lies!

The clock Im using is the one you added on here 2 days ago! I gotta be careful in what I add cos you did me some special elements didnt ya. The ones Im trying to get you to put into an Alt sub folder

Im gonna make the notes page more useful btw, cant imagine many folks wanting my spell lists in it.

Thought Id add in the Carpet quest walkthro, and the Sceptre HQ from SS. Anything else you want in a *default* note page? People can still obviously edit / amend them but thought a more sensible generic starter would be useful.

Any suggestions for the 10 pages?
Unread 10-27-2005, 06:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default conning system

great UI i love it way more than all the others. I have one issue though. My target window looks nothing like yours. I have circles that appear instead of the arrows that show on your example screenshot. I have no problem with cirlces, except that they dont point up or down!! LOL i have to hold my mouse over the target window to find this information. also i have a question as to what the con system looks like when you have an epic targeted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000013.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	3927  
Unread 10-28-2005, 03:12 AM
A Griffon

You're using the newer default con system is all. Somewhere in options you can change from that version to the other one.

Alt - O will get you to the options then selectl:

User Interface - Name and Chat bubble - NPC Evaluation - then choose "Detailed (Arrows)"
Unread 10-28-2005, 09:00 AM
A Griffon

Oh you realise you can press Alt-M and get rid of the huge icons at the top? They are under yer name in that box anyhow
Unread 10-28-2005, 11:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

thanks mad dog, thats just what i needed. and yea i know that the maintained window can be removed, but at the time i hadnt gotten around to it yet. I was still too concerned about the conning system. But now thats i have resolved that issue. . . . . . .die a forest warden die!!
Unread 10-28-2005, 11:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

he hee sory MAD HOG rather!!!!
Unread 11-02-2005, 08:35 AM
A Griffon

Hoggy, You sure I uploaded the wrong clock? As I dont think I have m8 likes.... I just got back from Crete a few hours ago and catching up with whats been changed / borked by SoE in my absence lol
Unread 11-03-2005, 04:28 AM
A Griffon

The clock Im using is the one you put on this thread for me.

Ill just get the latest version you've put up and see whats wrong with that then!

Erm no I wont lol. Just noticed you updated the other one you maintain, so I assume you got plans to update this one too? Or is it all fab?
Unread 11-03-2005, 09:05 AM
A Griffon

Now you got me confused lol
Unread 11-03-2005, 11:25 AM
A Griffon

Sheesh you melt yer brain on holiday or sommat?

You updated Laffs alt Perdition Bottom TyeJae on the 2nd for 15A and 15B plus some other windows.

You already done this for Laffs Lite or plan to?
Unread 11-03-2005, 01:36 PM
A Griffon

Its been done already you dipstick lol
Unread 11-03-2005, 02:02 PM
A Griffon

Bah if you made the effort to update the notes on the downloads page Ida known!

Slacker!
Unread 11-03-2005, 03:15 PM
A Griffon

Ok think I sorted out your confusion!

I deleted my old folder, then downloaded and installed your latest. I followed the instructions from your post on page 4:

"Add this line to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file before the /Page tag at the end

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_ammo.xml</include>

delete eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml from your Laffs_Lite folder and place the 2 files that are in the attached zip file in there.. That will give you the mini false inv window at the top as per usual and when you hit "I" or whatever you use the default Inventory will show up.."

Now this time I didnt put in the clock, cos its not right. Now I aint got that element at all. The one with the Zone name and bag slots and Quest name etc. To remind you, I want to see the zone name, quest name and bag slots. Not that crappy little inventory drop down thingy.

Also, I notice on yer latest version, the buff box cant have its background set to totally clear with no frame.

Fix them!!

Ta
Unread 11-03-2005, 03:32 PM
A Griffon

"delete eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml from your Laffs_Lite folder and place the 2 files that are in the attached zip file in there.. That will give you the mini false inv window at the top as per usual and when you hit "I" or whatever you use the default Inventory will show up.."

/sigh .............. did you follow that part of the instructions? and use those 2 files or no?

Unread 11-03-2005, 04:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default small buttons

hello laffe i just started using your interface and really like it. I use a hdtv for my monitor so all of the fonts and buttons are to small to make out. using my limited knowlege i was able to adjust the fonts to my liking. i was wondering if ther is any way to adjust the buttons and icons in the game.
Unread 11-03-2005, 05:06 PM
A Griffon

Yes the first time! But if I use that clock you put in there, I end up with a clock with buttons on the bottom and not that fab clean one you put in! This time I only put in the mainhud_ammo one in, and left out the clock one, cos Im using the clock you recently uploaded into the latest full version.

That make sense now? Thats why I was getting a different clock than the one you have in the current full version!

Or, is that clock version intrinsically linked in?
Unread 11-03-2005, 05:21 PM
A Griffon

Madhog,

Right the old clock you was using actualy loads up the ammo window, where as the new clock does not! So send me a copy of the clock xml that you wish to use and i will make it work for you.... (Then perhaps you will get off my case for a few days you old git )

ethean,

Sorry no automatic way to adjust buttons and icons in game mate just fonts as you found out... And for me to do so to this UI would be a major task and it just wouldnt fit right for 99% of the users sorry
Unread 11-03-2005, 06:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

thanks anyways... have you seen anything out there that just increases the size everything?

i appreachate the consideration

ethean
Unread 11-04-2005, 04:24 AM
A Griffon

Erm I wanna use the new clock, the one in the latest available full download. Its nice! Its clean! Its just a clock!
Unread 11-04-2005, 06:47 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
Erm I wanna use the new clock, the one in the latest available full download. Its nice! Its clean! Its just a clock!
Here's your blooming clock then lol

Make sure you still have

"Add this line to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file before the /Page tag at the end

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_ammo.xml</include>"

I have placed the ammo window in this zip file as well just in case you lost it.

Also delete eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml from the laffs-lite folder.

NOTE THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE ZIP FILE IS FOR MADHOG'S USE ONLY REALY...(as he's not happy untill he finds somthing to complain to me about )

Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_clock.zip (4.0 KB, 217 views)
Unread 11-04-2005, 10:37 AM
A Griffon

Ta! Ill test that when the servers up

Oh, just something I meant to mention, when I hit the esc key to lose a target etc, the Exp Bar, Group window and target window disappear sometimes. Alt-G, T, X brings em back, but any idea why? Im sure they used to stick on the screen, is it something SOE have done?

Oh aye, the raid window now is funny. When I press it, the 4 boxes appear in a huge grey semi transparent box which I cant alter or move. Can still turn them off using the buttons on the start button element. Any idea? Not a huge priority for me as I dont raid a lot heh.
Unread 11-04-2005, 10:46 AM
A Griffon

The escape key problem was somthing that SoE did... but I fixed all the windows that it affected a few weeks back now... So as to why your still having that problem I have no idea m8

And the raid window... Yeh I know about it, The old one will be back after SoE's next update as there is now an option to select individual windows that you wish to be able to click through... As the last raid window was actualy full screen! Thats why its a huge gray box, just unlock all windows and resize the thing back down for now...... So yeh basicly it will be back how it should be soon
Unread 11-04-2005, 01:31 PM
A Griffon

Ah ok hehe. Ta for those files, they work a treat! I dont care what all the users of these forums say, I like ya!

Unread 11-04-2005, 03:20 PM
A Griffon

ROFLMAO....... If I was allowed to swear on this forum then around about now you would be reading it lol

Some stuff is going to break big time after the next patch by the looks of it my mini inv that you hate and also the fake "ammo" one that you use probably along with target etc..... So hold off your mouning for a few days after the next patch lol