Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Default Laffs Lite UI... Support thread..... /hide

Just like the title says this be the support thread now
Unread 07-29-2005, 09:11 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Cooeeee! Im back!

WoW was fun, for 3 weeks, then the kids that play it started to piss me off. Worst UI in a game Ive ever seen too.

Anyhow, glad to see yer still keeping this going Laffs, looks ok too!

I have a suggestion tho....

The idea originally was to make this a lite version of the other one you was buggering about with, but really, it aint that lite. I love the bottom bit, s'fab! I dont like the top tho.

Ideally Id remove all the elements at the top tbh. Ill clarify that...

At the top Id want just the default type quest helper, the exp bar on its own with no background, a compass and a clock. I like Thors compass and clock tbh. This way, all yer attention is focussed on the bottom and the bit above is for gameplay only.

I tried removing the 2 elements that have quest title and info in them, but, totally lost access to my journal and got some wierd error messages *giggle*, Im sure it would only take you 5 mins, can you whip them out for me pretty please?? Hey could call it Laffs Ultra Lite!

If you could knock me up a version with the top like that, I can test it and stuff for you /giggle

Miss me??
Unread 07-29-2005, 10:13 AM
A Griffon

Omg...... here we go again... he's back.... what did I do to deserve this /cry

You mumbled that lot out so fast I forgot what half of the orders where by the time I had finished reading it lol

I will look into this in a few days time as I am off to a LAN party for the weekend in a few hours.. and got lots to do before I go

So cya laters

/exit
Unread 07-29-2005, 11:15 AM
A Griffon

*giggle*

Ok been playing, shouldnt take a lot tbh, look at the attached screeny!

The journal helper would be ok if I could turn off that white border, but I cant. Thats with background set to zero, no frame etc etc but its still showing!

I like Thors clock and compass, have a look at them! Thats it tbh. I cant figure out why half the UI is blue marble and half is the cool black grad I did, tho Im sure that will come back to me.

Got a few other ideas for the start button but Ill bother you with that later on when Ive had a chance to think about it

LAN party? At your age? Or you running it for your kids??

Admit you missed me! Ive made you the most popular modder on here ffs!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000045.jpg
Views:	1298
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	3233  
Unread 07-29-2005, 11:39 AM
A Griffon

Lol... Last response before I go lol

The most stressed modder on here maybe

Change the name of your marble .dds to "laffsskin.dss" and drop it in images folder that could be the problem.

The LAN party is consists of 2 teams of CS players and some peeps from the guild on EQ about 42 in all..... realy its an excuse to drink loads of beer and actualy meet some of the peeps I play EQ with

As for missing you lol

Well tbh Bakes took over from you! I was begining to think you and him was the same person lol .... Now I got 2 of you to deal with ! .... Going to find some rope I thinks

Unread 07-30-2005, 07:05 PM
A Griffon

Ok! Heres another more recent screeny with a proper colour scheme now.

Only niggles tbh are:

1. Quest journal helper. Its got some freaky white border I cant get rid of no matter what settings I use. Id be happy if that white border went or if the entire helper went and the default one was in.

2. Health Bar. I think its the HP one *giggle*. The one thats solo, moveable on its own. When I dont have the frame on, so I dont have the grey curvy top, I get a 2 pixelish high black line, minor but annoying. Any ideas why?

3. Clock. Could it be like this but horizontal not vertical you think?

4. Compass. Love it thank you ffs dont change or touch this

5. Start button. Horizontal would be fab. Or, put it where the solo moveable HP guage is, and put the HP One back where the casting / breath bar is, and put the casting bar / breath bar back as normal on the screen above the UI area in the bottom.

Apart from that, s'fab
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000046.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	3243  
Unread 09-03-2005, 05:26 AM
A Griffon

Oh and check out his startbutton, now *that* is fab, wouldnt take much for a crazy genius like, say, YOU!, to add in the other couple of mini buttons we use.

Unread 09-03-2005, 07:55 AM
A Griffon

I have been following Profits UI and yes it is a damn good un...

But I have no desire to "merge" any of his stuff in my UI... Reason being the concept and style of the 2 UI's is very different and if I was to copy and change any of the styles in Profits UI windows then they just wouldnt be the same and make the resulting UI look like a mix and match mess..

As for alt ideas for the start button, I have been looking at quite a few others to see what they are using on theirs... Going to be changing mine a bit somtime soon hardest part is figuring out a clean layout for it... Keep in mind I have made alot of start buttons and other windows that have lots of clicky buttons on them, but this UI is surposed to be "lite" is it not lol

Anyways I was thinking of placing buttons in the start menu itself I already have the performace panel in there... like I say still looking into updateing this stuff a bit.
Unread 09-11-2005, 06:28 PM
A Griffon

Hey Laffy, will this still work on Tuesday when they unleash Desert of Flames upon us?
Unread 09-11-2005, 07:55 PM
A Griffon

Yes as long as you delete the file called eq2ui_examine.xml

As it only seems to be the tooltip thats messed up.... But I know what Soe is like and have spend ages on getting stuff ready for past updates only to find they have changed stuff at the last min.... So I wait till it go's live then I fix UI problems
Unread 09-13-2005, 05:20 PM
A Griffon

This one is real close to being fixed .... the effects window is working as it is but is getting a re code along with a few other windows I have been holding off doing untill now.....

If the damn server would stop crashing I would be able to post a working version much quicker
Unread 11-03-2005, 04:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default small buttons

hello laffe i just started using your interface and really like it. I use a hdtv for my monitor so all of the fonts and buttons are to small to make out. using my limited knowlege i was able to adjust the fonts to my liking. i was wondering if ther is any way to adjust the buttons and icons in the game.
Unread 11-03-2005, 05:06 PM
A Griffon

Yes the first time! But if I use that clock you put in there, I end up with a clock with buttons on the bottom and not that fab clean one you put in! This time I only put in the mainhud_ammo one in, and left out the clock one, cos Im using the clock you recently uploaded into the latest full version.

That make sense now? Thats why I was getting a different clock than the one you have in the current full version!

Or, is that clock version intrinsically linked in?
Unread 11-03-2005, 05:21 PM
A Griffon

Madhog,

Right the old clock you was using actualy loads up the ammo window, where as the new clock does not! So send me a copy of the clock xml that you wish to use and i will make it work for you.... (Then perhaps you will get off my case for a few days you old git )

ethean,

Sorry no automatic way to adjust buttons and icons in game mate just fonts as you found out... And for me to do so to this UI would be a major task and it just wouldnt fit right for 99% of the users sorry
Unread 11-03-2005, 06:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

thanks anyways... have you seen anything out there that just increases the size everything?

i appreachate the consideration

ethean
Unread 11-04-2005, 04:24 AM
A Griffon

Erm I wanna use the new clock, the one in the latest available full download. Its nice! Its clean! Its just a clock!
Unread 11-13-2005, 09:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Just like the title says this be the support thread now

Hi again.

Does anyone know how to get the compass to display the correct direction? Mine is bugged and shows 90 degrees off of the true heading. Minor thing, but it does get confusing sometimes

Skirlock
Unread 11-14-2005, 03:38 AM
A Griffon

Cooo! I dont care what me missus says about ya, I like you Laffs!

Alt-C (clock) brings it all back! I can live with that now.

So can she. Til she finds sommat else to complain about of course.

Ta!

Unread 11-14-2005, 10:06 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
Cooo! I dont care what me missus says about ya, I like you Laffs!

Alt-C (clock) brings it all back! I can live with that now.

So can she. Til she finds sommat else to complain about of course.

Ta!

Maybe I'll get a few days peace now then

P.s you say you cant see the mini inv I have, Hey I can post you a magnifying glass if you wants mate tis np
Unread 11-14-2005, 05:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Compass bugged

Am I the only one that is using this UI and getting the 90 degree compass error? If so maybe my EQ is somehow bugged and needs a purge.

Skirlock
Unread 11-14-2005, 07:11 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirlock
Am I the only one that is using this UI and getting the 90 degree compass error? If so maybe my EQ is somehow bugged and needs a purge.

Skirlock
Cant say I noticed but will have a look anyways.

Yes it was since the last update so I have fixed it now .

Last edited by Laffs : 11-14-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Unread 11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Power Bar - HotKey list

Love the UI. Especially love the 'find now' button for my store!

My power bar is missing. I tried deleting and using your included UIsetting file, but still no luck. Is there a hot-key to show / hide the power bar?

Having a list of the hot-keys to show / hide windows would be awesome!

Any help is appreciated. Kinda hard to play without an idea of how much power I have

Keemo

Last edited by keemo1 : 11-20-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Unread 11-20-2005, 09:56 AM
A Griffon

Still working on that exp bar likes.... Just resize it down and move the inv window back into place nothing is jacked.

Version numbers bah!............

As for black backgrounds, Quite a few of the windows that are not part of the main display jsut use the default blue backgrounds now.... To me it seems that you dont have all of my images in the right place...

The common hotkeys to toggle things is in the read me file in the Laffs Lite folder..
Unread 11-28-2005, 08:40 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Still working on that exp bar likes.... Just resize it down and move the inv window back into place nothing is jacked.
Ohh, I see... the xp bar is supposed to look like that.

As for "jacked", I use it affectionately. ~huggles~ Kudos on the patience, as I'd be telling 8 pages of yippers to go pound sand by now.
Unread 11-30-2005, 07:36 PM
A Griffon

LU17 is helpful heh. Tells you that the personae window and hotbars arent working properly. They seem ok tbh, suspect the hotbars is a resizing issue, and the personae is probably missing some info.

Should make troubleshooting easier in the future tho!