EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Harvesting - when and why??

As a new player to eq2.. I was searching to try and find a harvesting mod..

What I was looking for is a harvesting mod which will also tell me what "a root lvl 1 -9" can help me build.. I know with the specialization of classes down the road, I dont' really see the point in harvesting everything I come across and then having to double check to see if it's one compenent in my recipe book ..

Any thoughts/mods/suggestions to this?

Thanks in advance
Unread 01-10-2008, 12:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen

The following link may make the when and why of harvesting more clear.
http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Harvesting

Be sure to check the "Where to find nodes" and "What nodes should you harvest?" parts.

As far as any harvesting mods, not sure on that one.

Last edited by jackbytor : 01-10-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:51 AM
(^\. ./^)
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

What I used to do is I used to drag the raws that I used to my hotbar as it then displayed a number of how many I had left without me having to find it in my bags.

Tip #2. Harvest everything. What you don't use, you can sell and get a nice bit of money depending on what you sell.

Trust me when I say that you will remember which types of raws you will need once you start crafting seriously as you will use the same types of raws throughout your crafting time.

Unread 01-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Agreed on harvesting everything. Not only will you get rares you can sell or trade, but in most zones nodes share the same spawn table, so if you run around not havesting certain nodes, the table will shift to be more and more full of that node type until you generally end up with a whole bunch of that and very little of what you want spawning. The most common case is when zones become full of shrubs (it got so bad that they added quests on the shrubs in certain zones to sort of reverse the tide).
Unread 01-10-2008, 02:29 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Get the Milquetowst Infocenter mod. The InfoCenter is a godsend for help with what tier harvested raw is used in and what is common and what is rare. If you're a Provisioner the included Cookbook is a great help. I believe there's help for Alchemy also plus there's a LOT of other great info in this mod. I use FetishNightfall and it includes this but even before I started using Fetish, which wasn't long after I started the game, I used the Milquetoast mod from Day One on the recommendation of a friend who also plays.

For good info on crafting you can also check out eq2traders at eq2.eqtraders.com it's a great site full of help.

And everyone is right, harvest as much as you can and sell what you aren't going to use, even if it's just for a few coppers it WILL add up and when you're brand new to the game every copper means something. As you level up with what you can harvest the prices go up and the prices on the market for rares can really astound you! Also, you can make deals with crafters who will make great stuff with the rares, or even the common stuff, and it will cost you a lot less than if you bought it on the market. My top level Provie has had a "business agreement" (I'm a rp'er) with another player who loves, loves, LOVES to harvest and it has benefited us both quite well. Good luck!