EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 06-21-2007, 08:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default new computer

computer:win xp home e6600-2x 8800 gts 640 in sli-4 gigs ram-2x 150 raptors in raid o
I installed EQ2 auto map,ran the updater everything worked well.however,when I tried map ingame there were no points of interest.I have installed EQ2 map on three other computers with no problem.What did I do wrong?
I don't understand why I have 47 views and no replies-to update:I created an ini file and typed in the correct commands,I found on this web site.Still no luck and now I reinstalled EQ2 but didnt find an ini. file or an EQ2 map file either.Do I try to create an ini file and type in commands or am I doing something wrong?Any replies will be most appreciated.And yes,I looked at the similar threads and no,I don't get any error messages.

Last edited by angelL : 06-22-2007 at 12:32 PM.
Unread 06-22-2007, 01:49 PM
A Brown Bear

I think something funky is going on in EQ2Map world. Don't know if it is EQ2's fault or EQ2Map's. But like you I have gone into several zones now where either the datapoints are not there at all or for the wrong zone. Never had this happen on my old system either. But my problem isn't as extreme as yours where no points show up. Mine is just kinda random. I may have to zone in and out of the zone a time or two for them to show up.

C2D E6600
Win Vista Business 32-bit
4Gig Ram
8500GT
Unread 06-22-2007, 02:55 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

It's hard to say what is wrong. If you installed it following the directions it should work. You should never have to reinstall eq2. You need to give us more information to figure out the problem.

Do you use any other UI mods? When you install the eq2map mod you don't have to make any custom UI folder or any ini file. The installer does that for you.

What does your ini file say?

What is the name of your custom UI folder and what is in it?
Unread 06-23-2007, 07:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Othesus,
I have no custom UI.The computer has nothing on it except EQ2.I even tried to help the situtation by running a recovery program and reinstalling EQ2..There is no ini. folder.I have an ini folder on my other computer that has EQ2 map but not this computer.The ini folder on my other computer has the correct commands.Please let me know what other info I can give you.FYI this computer has no e-mail,no printer,no software,never been on internet erxcept for EQ2 map and EQ2 servers,can't think of any other info.Am anxious to get this fixed,as we all know how helpful the map is ingame.
Unread 06-23-2007, 11:53 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Don't understand

I am the author of "new computer" thread.I was dissappointed with the lack of help from any EQ2 map authors.Allthough Othesus did try.I have very limited tech knolledge,that's why I posted.However ,I would to help other's with this problem.The solution was this: I re:installed EQ2 twice and with the last install map worked with no problems.Hope this helps

Last edited by angelL : 06-23-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Unread 06-23-2007, 02:11 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

It's hard to help you because it's hard to understand what you're saying.

You should not ever have to reinstall eq2. When you install the eq2map mod it creates a custom UI folder and a file called eq2.ini. This eq2.ini file points the game to your custom UI folder. If you already have an eq2.ini file and a custom UI folder it will just put the map mod in your existing custom UI folder.