EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-19-2008, 10:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Vista ... Access is Denied

I'm currently running a previous version of Fetish and trying to upgrade to version 10. I did the download, but when I try to extract the contents to my EQ2 folder I first get "Access is Denied" for everything. I'm using Vista Home Premium, so I'm wondering if this could be a feature of their security system. Any ideas?

thanks
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:56 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos

I run Vista Home Premium, and have not seen that message when installing Fetish.

Since you have a previous version of Fetish installed, the problem is probably not your everquest/ui directory location. I would try renaming the Fetishnightfall directory, and installing version 10 cleanly (allowing your zip extractor to create the new Fetishnightfall directory).
Unread 08-20-2008, 12:02 PM
A Griffawn

Hello.
I believe I have run into this as well in the past. It has to do with WHERE you have the .zip file in relation to where you are extracting the file TO.
Yes, this is one of Vista's little quirks that you have to learn how to get around.
But the best thing to do overall is as the other person suggested, do a clean install of 10.0 instead of trying to upgrade it on top of previous version.

Drunador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venge View Post
I'm currently running a previous version of Fetish and trying to upgrade to version 10. I did the download, but when I try to extract the contents to my EQ2 folder I first get "Access is Denied" for everything. I'm using Vista Home Premium, so I'm wondering if this could be a feature of their security system. Any ideas?

thanks
Unread 08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Toxxulia

Log into Vista as administrator and turn off the User Account Control via control panel--> accounts. Otherwise known as (UAC). That may be what is preventing you access to file folder changes.
Unread 08-20-2008, 07:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well, tried what sounded like the easiest possible solution first, and you were right Depechenode, it was simply a matter of turning off User Control Settings, and it extracted and installed perfectly.

*sigh* Gotta love Vista.

Thanks for the help!