EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-10-2008, 08:45 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Very stupid question on installing UI

Hi there,
i would like to experiment a bit with all the nice addons but it couldnt find any information (except the sticky) if there is another method than restarting eq2 after every change you make to the contents of the UI folder.
(i.e. i like the 4-click raid interface but as i use a localized client i have to manually edit all the spells. For some it is easy but some with special characters i have not the slightest clue how to type that to be useable) but waiting a couple of minutes every time for eq2 to run through all the loading (even with skipping the patcher) is a HUGE timesink.

So, is there any other way to apply the changes to the UI folder during a running client or do you really have to restart every time?
Unread 09-10-2008, 09:15 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

You can use the /loadui command, but while it "works," it can play havoc with certain UI elements (mostly fonts and some dynamic data).

The syntax is /loadui youruiname where "youruiname" is your custom UI's exact folder name, including capitalization; i.e., /loadui customui or /loadui Default

It's an ok method to use when you're doing a lot of UI testing, but once you've got everything in place, you should reboot your client so that everything looks and works as it should.
Unread 09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

thx alot for the great quick help, will try as soon as i am back home