EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Closed Thread
Unread 08-05-2008, 04:49 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Oasis
Default Same same....

I wonder why it is that very few people can ever give directions that make sense.
FYI... any (which means ANY) file that is downloaded as a ZIP file is tagged in its file extension as a .zip file. Therefore your instructions for installing are completely meaningless and useless, because at the point you say to "unzip the xml, dds, tga" files into your newly created folder, there are NO xml, dds, or tga files that can be unzipped, only .zip files can be unzipped.

Thanks
Unread 08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default Instructions are fine

First I would like to state that the instructions as stated are fine. They are the same instructions that have been on this web site for at least 4 years that I'm aware of. As for stating that you can only "unzip" a zip file is true, what they are stating is to take the contents (xml, ddr, ect.) of the container (zip) and place them in the appropriate directory. In other words you don't say unbox the box of dishes and put them away, you would simply say unbox the dishes and put them away. The is a very common speaking convention in the English language.

Have a nice day.
Unread 08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Ok replace "unzip" with "decompress the files with in the zip file". Hope that helps you out a bit. Let me know if you need more assistance.