Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by permster
Did you ever figure anything out with the market board? It's kind of frustrating at present and doesn't always work. Even if I change it to any class and from 0 to 60 it still won't find what your looking for all the time, even though I know the item is there.

Are you going to wait until SOE changes it? I hope soon, the window isn't so bad if your looking for stuff for your lvl and class, but if your trying to sell stuff that dropped off a mob or trying to buy stuff for an alt, it's a biatch to get what you need.
Posted here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=476

Here's a work-around:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3989
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 09-20-2005 at 02:29 AM.
Unread 09-20-2005, 06:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Love the UI, one issue, and I know it's the ui itself that's causing it as if I simply take my eq2.ini file out of my everquest2 folder the problem is completely resolved.

Hitting enter doesn't activate the chat input. I have to click the input bar every single time. But, like I said, if I pull out that eq2.ini file and go to default UI the problem gets resolved.
Unread 09-20-2005, 09:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

One more thing....When I first installed the UI, my old UI was layered under it, but I did have the new pet box with pet command buttons.

I did UISwitch, and manually changed the 'thorui file' to 'servername_charname', (for all chars) which got rid of my OLD ui being layered under the new one.

However...now I don't have the pet command box, and I spent like 2 hours last night looking for it. I went ahead and just made macros and put em in a hotbar, but is there any way to get the pet command box that you had designed back? If not, it's no biggie...I just thought it looked cool and wanted it back.

Other than that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the UI...I was scared poo-less to mess with the UI, because that is something I've never done before (I was afraid it would mess up the game), but it was very easy to do, even counting the renaming the char files. It was still a piece of cake. So if anyone is lurking here, perhaps unsure if they want to fiddle with the game, I would say DO IT.

My screen is cleaner and neater. I have more 'game screen' real estate. The way it was before, I had too many hotbars and no where to put them. I had hotbars covering up dead mobs, which made it difficult to loot. No more!!

You can toggle volume, game performance, etc. without having to hit the options menu. You can toggle night vision, which is AWESOME. No more hunting in the pitch dark.

You can see your adv, craft, and guild level all in one shot. You can see which direction you are heading, including loc, all in one shot.

I can't say enough about it. I looked through several on here, and Thor's was my personal favorite. So give it a try, I'm sure you won't regret it!!!
Unread 09-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamen
Love the UI, one issue, and I know it's the ui itself that's causing it as if I simply take my eq2.ini file out of my everquest2 folder the problem is completely resolved.

Hitting enter doesn't activate the chat input. I have to click the input bar every single time. But, like I said, if I pull out that eq2.ini file and go to default UI the problem gets resolved.
That's due to my inventory mod that so many hate
If you close the inventory strip you will be able to begin chat input by pressing enter.
I hope to refine my inventory strip a bit after we finish releasing ThorUI AU
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 09-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
One more thing....When I first installed the UI, my old UI was layered under it, but I did have the new pet box with pet command buttons.

I did UISwitch, and manually changed the 'thorui file' to 'servername_charname', (for all chars) which got rid of my OLD ui being layered under the new one.

However...now I don't have the pet command box, and I spent like 2 hours last night looking for it. I went ahead and just made macros and put em in a hotbar, but is there any way to get the pet command box that you had designed back? If not, it's no biggie...I just thought it looked cool and wanted it back.

Other than that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the UI...I was scared poo-less to mess with the UI, because that is something I've never done before (I was afraid it would mess up the game), but it was very easy to do, even counting the renaming the char files. It was still a piece of cake. So if anyone is lurking here, perhaps unsure if they want to fiddle with the game, I would say DO IT.

My screen is cleaner and neater. I have more 'game screen' real estate. The way it was before, I had too many hotbars and no where to put them. I had hotbars covering up dead mobs, which made it difficult to loot. No more!!

You can toggle volume, game performance, etc. without having to hit the options menu. You can toggle night vision, which is AWESOME. No more hunting in the pitch dark.

You can see your adv, craft, and guild level all in one shot. You can see which direction you are heading, including loc, all in one shot.

I can't say enough about it. I looked through several on here, and Thor's was my personal favorite. So give it a try, I'm sure you won't regret it!!!
Thank you for the positive feedback.
Regarding your missing pet window:
I would suggest following the steps i've defined earlier in this post regarding uninstall and reinstall.
This will make a copy of your current in case something happens and will set you up with a clean install of the latest ThorUI.
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=419
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-21-2005, 02:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lavastorm
Smile Thor UI Auto Updater Fan

Really wanted to thank you for so much hard work on that. I am just not any kind of expert so trying to do all of the files correctly was beyond my ability not only did you take away the fear involved. I am learning alot about how the files go in - No room for Ego Im in kindergarten when it comes to this stuff. Thank you so much. Im so glad you took the time for this.

Question - If you find time. Do you think one of the updates might be the spell sort window in the knowledge book - with the changes Im getting just a little confused with what is on the same (timer ?) and proper level. Anything you could do would be helpful - My hotbar is starting to look like my sons room. eek.
Unread 09-21-2005, 02:54 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
That's due to my inventory mod that so many hate
If you close the inventory strip you will be able to begin chat input by pressing enter.
I hope to refine my inventory strip a bit after we finish releasing ThorUI AU
cool got that fixed, but have no names in the top down group members.

btw I appreciate your help with this.
Unread 09-21-2005, 09:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
Thank you for the positive feedback.
Regarding your missing pet window:
I would suggest following the steps i've defined earlier in this post regarding uninstall and reinstall.
This will make a copy of your current in case something happens and will set you up with a clean install of the latest ThorUI.

Thanks for the suggestion on getting it back to full screen. I went performance, game options, and full screen was already checked. I unchecked, then checked it again, and it worked.

I reinstalled the UI, but it didn't bring back the pet window, but it's no biggie at all. My macros are working fine for now.
Unread 09-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamen
cool got that fixed, but have no names in the top down group members.

btw I appreciate your help with this.
Patch for that in hotfix section
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
Thanks for the suggestion on getting it back to full screen. I went performance, game options, and full screen was already checked. I unchecked, then checked it again, and it worked.

I reinstalled the UI, but it didn't bring back the pet window, but it's no biggie at all. My macros are working fine for now.
Ah, next thing I can think of that may be causing the issue is that yout window placement file has the pet window "off screen".

Go into in game options>User Interface> and uncheck the "allow windows offscreen".
Then hit ctrl-P or summon a pet.
This "should" resolve the issue.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elslight
Really wanted to thank you for so much hard work on that. I am just not any kind of expert so trying to do all of the files correctly was beyond my ability not only did you take away the fear involved. I am learning alot about how the files go in - No room for Ego Im in kindergarten when it comes to this stuff. Thank you so much. Im so glad you took the time for this.

Question - If you find time. Do you think one of the updates might be the spell sort window in the knowledge book - with the changes Im getting just a little confused with what is on the same (timer ?) and proper level. Anything you could do would be helpful - My hotbar is starting to look like my sons room. eek.
Thank you Elslight,
I have a quick mod for the knowledge book sort in the ThorUI AU beta now.
I'll attach it to this thread and remove it after the AU launches.
Simply right click and choose save as then browse to the ThorUI folder normally here: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\ThorUI
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_knowledgesort.xml (5.1 KB, 217 views)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-21-2005, 06:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, I have just started using your UI, and I must say thank you for incorporating some of the things I loved about the Fenix Arcane into your UI. It is wonderful. However, I am having an issue... If I open a new chat window, I am unable to manipulate around the screen, and I do not have the ability to close it. Is the a function keyset that will close chat windows? I have attempted changing the window to "frame only", "none" and every other option I can think of, but to no avail. I able to resize the window, but not move or close it.
Unread 09-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear74
Ok, I have just started using your UI, and I must say thank you for incorporating some of the things I loved about the Fenix Arcane into your UI. It is wonderful. However, I am having an issue... If I open a new chat window, I am unable to manipulate around the screen, and I do not have the ability to close it. Is the a function keyset that will close chat windows? I have attempted changing the window to "frame only", "none" and every other option I can think of, but to no avail. I able to resize the window, but not move or close it.
hmm sounds like the window settings may have gotten corrupt.
Right click choose window settings and click the default opacities and location.
This "should" allow you to close it.
I admit I need to refine my chat a bit and plan to do so as soon as ThorUI AU is released.
Let me know if this didn't fix it and I'll see what else we can do.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-21-2005, 06:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Nope, that didn't fix it. It is not a huge deal at this time, but something to look at for your next patch. But, if you think of something else, let me know and I will try it.
Unread 09-22-2005, 02:08 AM
A Coastal Crab

To start off with, im using thorui ver 4.8.6 and have used the ThorUI DoF Patch v1.0 over that. i have uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it would fix. The window that shows player health, power, name, conc slots used... etc is not showing my name or the numerical value of hp and power. Having the numbers always visible was quite useful to me. When i reinstalled i made sure not to alter any of the options that looked to have anything to do with this window. Any suggestions as to what may have caused this?

edit. After playing some i have found that my group members names and hp/power also do not show, and none of my spell bars show the key bindings anymore. i wonder if these are all related.

Last edited by revdamienvryce : 09-22-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Unread 09-22-2005, 10:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default UI set up help

Great UI ! But i fear I am missing something or just not reading ur instructions correctly. I did install the newer version via the Automatic Download (which is the greatest thing since slice bread) as well as the hotfix patch. That all went well. I went to change the UI settings from thorui_1920x_eq2_uisettings.ui to grobb_cielo_eq2_uisettings.ini Which should work but i get all the boxes all over the screen and not anywhere near what ur config looks like. Now I did a whole lot trying of diff things but no luck. I checked the UI log this is the only thing in it. "Couldn't load eq2ui_listboxrow_template.xml"
Any ideas or help as to what it could be? Thanx

Cielo
Unread 09-22-2005, 02:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hi, i was wondering if anyone was getting this error in there ui log and if there was a fix for it

Couldn't load eq2ui_listboxrow_template.xml
:: Could not access resource eq2ui_Inventory_ag.xml

Thanks for any help

Lady1
Unread 09-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by revdamienvryce
To start off with, im using thorui ver 4.8.6 and have used the ThorUI DoF Patch v1.0 over that. i have uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it would fix. The window that shows player health, power, name, conc slots used... etc is not showing my name or the numerical value of hp and power. Having the numbers always visible was quite useful to me. When i reinstalled i made sure not to alter any of the options that looked to have anything to do with this window. Any suggestions as to what may have caused this?

edit. After playing some i have found that my group members names and hp/power also do not show, and none of my spell bars show the key bindings anymore. i wonder if these are all related.
All issues noted sound like the results of the ThorUI DoF patch not being applied correctly.
Try running the patch again and ensure you direct the install to your EverQuest II directory not your ThorUI directory.
For example:
Correct: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II
Incorrect: C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\ThorUI

If that doesn't work there will be a simpler way available Monday (see post after next)
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 09-22-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Unread 09-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cielo350
Great UI ! But i fear I am missing something or just not reading ur instructions correctly. I did install the newer version via the Automatic Download (which is the greatest thing since slice bread) as well as the hotfix patch. That all went well. I went to change the UI settings from thorui_1920x_eq2_uisettings.ui to grobb_cielo_eq2_uisettings.ini Which should work but i get all the boxes all over the screen and not anywhere near what ur config looks like. Now I did a whole lot trying of diff things but no luck. I checked the UI log this is the only thing in it. "Couldn't load eq2ui_listboxrow_template.xml"
Any ideas or help as to what it could be? Thanx

Cielo
See this post: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=4285
Issue is a SOE bug that will need resolution on their part. (I could fix it but then I would need to maintain that xml which may cause issues in the future)

Good news though regarding a solution to most of these configuration issues is comming soon... (See next post)
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-22-2005, 09:29 PM
A Berserk Golem

Hey i got a question, i like how ya did the emote/marco popup in your UI and i was wanting to use it with the UI i use but im not sure which file it is in the thorui directory seems how there was not a eq2_mainhud_editmarco.xml file.

hehe which file is it?
Unread 09-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggineq2
Hey i got a question, i like how ya did the emote/marco popup in your UI and i was wanting to use it with the UI i use but im not sure which file it is in the thorui directory seems how there was not a eq2_mainhud_editmarco.xml file.

hehe which file is it?
eq2ui_mainhud_socials.xml
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-23-2005, 12:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

My wife and I have been enjoying this UI for a few weeks now, but this morning, when we logged in we encountered the following issues, which sound just like the ones mentioned above:

- Right clicking on another player shows only a long black menu bar, but no menu or text to choose from
- Clicking the EQ menu button brings up the list of icons, but they have no text descriptions
- My health bar/power bar/name window only shows a black square, with only concentrations showing
- My target window shows only a black rectangle, no target
- Various other windows chosen from the start menu icons show up only as black rectangles

These issues occurred on both computers. We reloaded the original EQ2 interface, and the problems were all resolved. Now since then, I tried your suggestion, and reinstalled your latest patch (to the correct EQ2 directory), however, the problem persists!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, screenie below:

Unread 09-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Please follow the instructions defined in the following post:

Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-23-2005, 01:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks! A clean reinstallation fixed all the problems.

BTW, is there a way to save your map progress info when doing this so that you don't have fogged maps after the install?
Unread 09-23-2005, 02:24 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laan Tauren
Thanks! A clean reinstallation fixed all the problems.

BTW, is there a way to save your map progress info when doing this so that you don't have fogged maps after the install?

The uncovered map display information is kept server-side, so the re-installation of the UI should not affect it.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"