EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-18-2005, 02:39 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest
Default Market Default Settings on load

Bad news gang, the market window default settings aren't anywhere within the market window that I can see. (Bear in mind i've been staring at xml coding for the past 20 hours refining our new Auto Updater version of the ThorUI before it's release. So I may have overlooked something...)

Sony's UI staff has the market window in a state of limbo at the moment so it's hard to tell which way they may go. (Old controls are still there with new controls hidden when viewed with the UIBuilder)

When looking at the raw xml; It's coded in a way that it receives the info from Sony "There isn't much I can change". (The default settings for the window as most of you know, load your current characters level as the "Max Level Value" along with your class. This as you know infringes on our nice little "Search for Item" button from the store window working to it's full potential.)

Good news is:
Since the window is in a state of limbo and obviously having issues (vendor text not showing on most items) I really can't see Sony leaving it this way for long. "Although as I type that I can't help wonder when they are going to ever start sending the groupmember health and power percentages promised back at LU12 "

Longwinded post summed up:
Search "kind of works" for now...
We'll have to wait on Sony to make a change.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 09-18-2005 at 02:43 AM.
Unread 09-18-2005, 12:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hi. I'm new to EQ2 and your UI, so be patient with me plz I loaded your UI up and used your UI setup for 1280x1024 but it loads all screwy with things stacked on one another. I've used the DOF patch and all the hotfixes, but still have the same problem. I even installed the UISwitcher just to make sure the file was being copied to my character correctly.
Unread 09-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesthenutt
Hi. I'm new to EQ2 and your UI, so be patient with me plz I loaded your UI up and used your UI setup for 1280x1024 but it loads all screwy with things stacked on one another. I've used the DOF patch and all the hotfixes, but still have the same problem. I even installed the UISwitcher just to make sure the file was being copied to my character correctly.
hmm did you rename my uisetting file to servername_charactername_eq2_uisettings.ini where servername is the server you play on and charactername is the name of your character? Also ensure it's in your EverQuest II directory. (Sounds like you did, just making sure)

Not sure where the issue may be if that was done.
Let me know and I'll be thinking on this one...
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 09-18-2005, 01:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah, I did that. Works just like UI's in the old eq, more or less.

I've moved things around myself, and all seems ok, but one thing I'm noticing is I'm not seeing the heroic opportunity window.

EDIT: I uninstalled and reinstalled the UI again, and while it didn't fix placement, I did get the heroic opportunities window back.

Last edited by jamesthenutt : 09-18-2005 at 01:23 PM.
Unread 09-18-2005, 04:13 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Hi, Iam useing thorui i have a window called memorized abitity could some one tell me what that is and how i use it.tryed putting abititys in there but wont go in,

Thanks Lady1
Unread 09-18-2005, 04:45 PM
A Coastal Crab

Why don't you just pull the EQ2 folder from the registry instead of prompting the user? Some of us users are stupid
Unread 09-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnell78
Why don't you just pull the EQ2 folder from the registry instead of prompting the user? Some of us users are stupid
Yep, that's part of the revamp hence all the ThorUI AU Beta notices all over the place
It's comming...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady1
Hi, Iam useing thorui i have a window called memorized abitity could some one tell me what that is and how i use it.tryed putting abititys in there but wont go in,

Thanks Lady1
How did you access this window?
I don't recall it...
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-18-2005, 07:58 PM
A Griffon

no idea after patch from DoF just showed up on my interface screen think it has about 5 boxes thats about all i know,when i mouse over it tooltip says memorized abititys that doesnt help you much does it? hehehe

Lady1
Unread 09-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady1
no idea after patch from DoF just showed up on my interface screen think it has about 5 boxes thats about all i know,when i mouse over it tooltip says memorized abititys that doesnt help you much does it? hehehe

Lady1
There's some windows left over from eq2 beta that they didn't implement.
This is one of those windows.
Not sure how you got it to come up but might try a /hide_window MainHUD.Memorized
If that doesn't work and you can't close it, i'm afraid you may have to redo your window placements file.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-18-2005, 11:12 PM
A Griffon

Hi Faetyl.did a google search found this

http://eq2interface.com/forums/showt...4525#post14525

Lady1
Unread 09-19-2005, 12:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Skill Windo

I want to start off by saying how professional this UI is from the program wizard to the ingame UI. It really take the guess work out of setting this up.

With all that said, I can find no real problem cept for one. My skill window shows ups but the actual skill stats are all blacked out. Any ideas what I can check on?

Argolic
51 Darkelf ShadowKnight
Unrest
Unread 09-19-2005, 02:56 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Volume sliders?

I really do love ThorUI, but I miss the volume sliders on the EQ2 menu. Any way to get those back?

Also, I don't know if this is something I need to ask here, or on the EQ2map forum. I have EQ2map working with ThorUI, but is there any way to do it so that all the space-wasting window borders for the map go away completely, like the rest of the ThorUI windows?
Unread 09-19-2005, 03:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Erm...help?

Ok, I'm new here...someone gave me this link in game and I just downloaded your UI. I also ran UISwitcher.

Here's my problem...when I start the game, I still have windows xp frames on the top and bottom of screen, and I can't figure out how to change that.

As in, the game isn't running in full screen. Now, once I'm loaded up, I can change it to full screen, but I'd really like to not have to do that each time.

If it matters, I run the game at 1024 x 768

Last edited by Fataliya : 09-19-2005 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Fixed one problem
Unread 09-19-2005, 03:46 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default greetings and hello

i would just like to say ... what an awsome UI you have created here... i find myself tweaking the window screens every couple of weeks to find the perfect playing screen, which i would like to say i think i have found just the perfect custome screen (for me that is)....

i do have a question.... since the DOF expansion was released the original UI had some missing numbers and icons.... no problem the hotfix put those numbers and icons back on the screen (yeaa!!).... i do have 1 remaining problem.... 2 windows are black except for the icons.... the guild bank window (it only shows the items in the bank, nothing else, no tabs, controls or scroll arrows etc) and also the knowledge window is the same way... i had install the fighters knowledge book (you know the one with the sword down the middle of the book) .... this may have been addressed already but reading 20 pages of posts is a lot of reading....

any actions i might take to restore these 2 windows... i've already tried all the window settings that they provide....

again thanks for a great UI.... keep up the good work
Unread 09-19-2005, 04:05 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Argolic's Issue:
I believe the DoF hotfix patch will fix this.

Xenoc's Issues:
1. Go to http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=158 and extract the contents of the Slider.zip file to your UI folder.
2. Right click on the window to get the Window Settings, and you should see a drop-down box that controls the title/frame appearances.

Fataliya's Issue:
There should be a Full Screen setting in the Options controls (in game). I can't recall which area it is in, off hand. I want to say in Performance. Make sure that is checked.
There's also a Full Screen setting in the launchpad (Preferences>>>Game Options). I believe this setting is the same as the in-game setting mentioned above, so this may be redundant.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 09-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by argolic
I want to start off by saying how professional this UI is from the program wizard to the ingame UI. It really take the guess work out of setting this up.

With all that said, I can find no real problem cept for one. My skill window shows ups but the actual skill stats are all blacked out. Any ideas what I can check on?

Argolic
51 Darkelf ShadowKnight
Unrest
Follow the instructions defined in the following post regarding uninstalling and reinstalling the ThorUI:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=419
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoc
I really do love ThorUI, but I miss the volume sliders on the EQ2 menu. Any way to get those back?

Also, I don't know if this is something I need to ask here, or on the EQ2map forum. I have EQ2map working with ThorUI, but is there any way to do it so that all the space-wasting window borders for the map go away completely, like the rest of the ThorUI windows?
Check the HotFix section.
The zip file named "sliders.zip" is what you will want to download.
Simply unzip the contents to your ThorUI folder
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
Ok, I'm new here...someone gave me this link in game and I just downloaded your UI. I also ran UISwitcher.

Here's my problem...when I start the game, I still have windows xp frames on the top and bottom of screen, and I can't figure out how to change that.

As in, the game isn't running in full screen. Now, once I'm loaded up, I can change it to full screen, but I'd really like to not have to do that each time.

If it matters, I run the game at 1024 x 768
At the main screen where the EverQuest II news is displayed, you should have a button entitled "settings" or something close...
Press that and it will launch the display settings wizard.
Choose full screen.

FYI, this is not UI related it's a display setting.

Wish I could be more discriptive but i'm not at my gaming PC currently.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter
i would just like to say ... what an awsome UI you have created here... i find myself tweaking the window screens every couple of weeks to find the perfect playing screen, which i would like to say i think i have found just the perfect custome screen (for me that is)....

i do have a question.... since the DOF expansion was released the original UI had some missing numbers and icons.... no problem the hotfix put those numbers and icons back on the screen (yeaa!!).... i do have 1 remaining problem.... 2 windows are black except for the icons.... the guild bank window (it only shows the items in the bank, nothing else, no tabs, controls or scroll arrows etc) and also the knowledge window is the same way... i had install the fighters knowledge book (you know the one with the sword down the middle of the book) .... this may have been addressed already but reading 20 pages of posts is a lot of reading....

any actions i might take to restore these 2 windows... i've already tried all the window settings that they provide....

again thanks for a great UI.... keep up the good work
Follow the instructions defined in the following post regarding uninstalling and reinstalling the ThorUI:

FYI, my mod doesn't modify the guild bank window in any way.
I believe this is an issue with perhaps a previous version of the ThorUI so a uninstall and reinstall has resolved all issues that I am aware of so far.
Forums

Got Guild?

Last edited by Faetyl : 09-19-2005 at 07:43 PM.
Unread 09-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazaru5
Argolic's Issue:
I believe the DoF hotfix patch will fix this.

Xenoc's Issues:
1. Go to http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...&postcount=158 and extract the contents of the Slider.zip file to your UI folder.
2. Right click on the window to get the Window Settings, and you should see a drop-down box that controls the title/frame appearances.

Fataliya's Issue:
There should be a Full Screen setting in the Options controls (in game). I can't recall which area it is in, off hand. I want to say in Performance. Make sure that is checked.
There's also a Full Screen setting in the launchpad (Preferences>>>Game Options). I believe this setting is the same as the in-game setting mentioned above, so this may be redundant.
You rock Lazaru5!
Thank you yet again.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

Great UI the best i have seen todate. Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming
Unread 09-19-2005, 07:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye

As with most people lately this is my first post. I have been using ThorUI for several months and will not play without it now. I even have the majority of my guild using it. THe only problem I have found since the DoF update and after installing the patch is that I now have to right-click everything to see what it is. No tool-tips or anything shows. As you can imagine me and most of my guild are a little frusterated and several have reverted back to default so that they can get the function back while waiting for a fix to be posted. So I decided to ask just in case we missed something. Is this on ongoing problem that you are aware of or did we do something wrong? Thanks for the time
Unread 09-19-2005, 07:41 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star[GMSF]
As with most people lately this is my first post. I have been using ThorUI for several months and will not play without it now. I even have the majority of my guild using it. THe only problem I have found since the DoF update and after installing the patch is that I now have to right-click everything to see what it is. No tool-tips or anything shows. As you can imagine me and most of my guild are a little frusterated and several have reverted back to default so that they can get the function back while waiting for a fix to be posted. So I decided to ask just in case we missed something. Is this on ongoing problem that you are aware of or did we do something wrong? Thanks for the time
FYI: No fix is required, you have an older version that needed to be updated before installing the DoF patch
The soon to be released ThorUI AU "Auto Updater" version will make everything much easier for all.

Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 09-20-2005, 01:16 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Innothule
Default market board

Did you ever figure anything out with the market board? It's kind of frustrating at present and doesn't always work. Even if I change it to any class and from 0 to 60 it still won't find what your looking for all the time, even though I know the item is there.

Are you going to wait until SOE changes it? I hope soon, the window isn't so bad if your looking for stuff for your lvl and class, but if your trying to sell stuff that dropped off a mob or trying to buy stuff for an alt, it's a biatch to get what you need.