EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 05-20-2005, 09:19 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

Close the game and restart it, problem solved.
Unread 05-20-2005, 12:37 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamintar
DC, if you look at my post with the screenshot, the screenshot has an image. Do you see that original target bar behind the customized one? That's what I'm talking about. It goes down just like the original target bar would. The only problem is, I don't want it there. It's distracting and it makes the color of the health % number do all sorts of funny things. I'll post a screenshot when I get home today of an enemy at lower health for you though.

Jaxel, call me stupid if I'm missing something, but I'm not talking about the customized graphics at all. It's simply a code problem. I don't want the original bar to be behind the customized one is all.

Look at Nox' screenshot, then look at mine. Notice anything different yet?
Calm the attitude. Allow me to clarify:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
Out of curiosity, could you please post a pic with the target at partial health? I would appreciate it.
Anyway, if you could post a screenie of partial health , I'd appreciate it.
And in case you are unclear Partial is anything less than full. The one you have is full, and yes I did see that, and YES I did see the bar behind it. Now, I have this theory, but I need you to to take a screenshot of PARTIAL HEALTH
I am not going to install an interface just to try and duplicate a bug that you have. How about a little help, eh?
Unread 05-20-2005, 02:36 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

Sorry DC. I just don't like that he didn't even read my post to begin with.

And I said in my last post that I would post a new screenshot when I get home. I've just been having a bad day this morning. I kinda have a problem with taking it out on the wrong people. I apologize.

Thanks for being so helpful.

And quaror, the last thing I need right now is for someone to be a smart***. I'm not having the best day right now, and I realize that that does solve my problem, but the point of my whole posting this was to avoid that. People here have a way of helping and trying to fix things as best they can, rather than giving someone a solution they already know about and something as simple as that. I switch characters often to move items and such, and I don't appreciate you coming in and saying that kind of stuff.

Last edited by Kamintar : 05-20-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Unread 05-20-2005, 03:06 PM
A Sea Turtle

I really don't care what you do and do not appreciate, nor do I care that you are having a bad day. This could have been avoided, but unfortunately you have reduced yourself to calling names. Sad.

The fact of the matter is that my post was not a smart*** comment, it was a solution to a problem, and one that I had not seen in the thread up to that point. If you would like to continue this, send me a pm.
Unread 05-20-2005, 05:03 PM
A Griffon

Well nice to meet you too, man. Have a great day...

It's pretty much common sense to restart to get rid of the problem, the problem was on character switch, not when you first load it. If that's the case, then yes, you could restart. You get an A today.

And tell me where I called someone a name? I didn't call anyone any names. I simply voiced that I was unhappy with someone about something. Simple as that.
Unread 05-20-2005, 05:14 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Sorry DC. I just don't like that he didn't even read my post to begin with.

And I said in my last post that I would post a new screenshot when I get home. I've just been having a bad day this morning. I kinda have a problem with taking it out on the wrong people. I apologize.

Thanks for being so helpful.

And quaror, the last thing I need right now is for someone to be a smart***. I'm not having the best day right now, and I realize that that does solve my problem, but the point of my whole posting this was to avoid that. People here have a way of helping and trying to fix things as best they can, rather than giving someone a solution they already know about and something as simple as that. I switch characters often to move items and such, and I don't appreciate you coming in and saying that kind of stuff.
Well, I got all snippety at you, and I didnt even see that last line. What a hypocrit I am My apologies. At any rate, I am trying to distinguish if this is the same bug, which appears to be unfixable, or a totally seperate one, which could be fixable.
Unread 05-20-2005, 05:17 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Well nice to meet you too, man. Have a great day...

It's pretty much common sense to restart to get rid of the problem, the problem was on character switch, not when you first load it. If that's the case, then yes, you could restart. You get an A today.

And tell me where I called someone a name? I didn't call anyone any names. I simply voiced that I was unhappy with someone about something. Simple as that.
quaror=smart*** ... i believe that is the analogy to which he is referring
Unread 05-20-2005, 05:50 PM
A Griffon

I see what you mean now, but can you not tell me that he was being smart about the way he said it? I can tell from his second post (especially the end) that he was thinking himself superior than me.

And yes, I realize that it was not right of me to call him that, but his reply of saying that he "did not care" was totally unacceptable, IMHO.

Anyway, this is done for. I was working on getting my picture, but I was having trouble getting it to show up. I think it only happens after you've been playing a long time. So, I'll hop on again and play one character for a while and see if that does it. If so, I should have a picture up for you soon.
Unread 05-20-2005, 08:22 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Guk

Quote:
DC, if you look at my post with the screenshot, the screenshot has an image. Do you see that original target bar behind the customized one? That's what I'm talking about. It goes down just like the original target bar would. The only problem is, I don't want it there. It's distracting and it makes the color of the health % number do all sorts of funny things. I'll post a screenshot when I get home today of an enemy at lower health for you though.

Jaxel, call me stupid if I'm missing something, but I'm not talking about the customized graphics at all. It's simply a code problem. I don't want the original bar to be behind the customized one is all.

Look at Nox' screenshot, then look at mine. Notice anything different yet?
Nox is the person I was responding to when I said "Nox, I myself have seen this problem and I have been unable to fix it. But I can tell you it ONLY happens if you camp to character select." As I have said above "Its a common bug that everyone has with Wynnd's MyUI interface, and I haven't seen how to fix it."

Whether the SOE health bar shows up in front or behind is an anomoly. The disappearance of the Overlay is an anomoly. Seeing how the SOE health bar is visible=false, the fact that it even shows up to begin with is an anomoly. The fact that this happens only when you camp to the character select is an anomoly.

This is a bug. I have been trying to fix it, but I cant. Deal with it for now.

Last edited by Jaxel : 05-20-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Unread 05-20-2005, 09:46 PM
A Griffon

Well I would just like to hear that. What you quoted from your post about regarding Nox was not related to my problem at all. Next time I would just like to know that you acknowledge my concerns instead of seeming to blow me off.

Sorry for the hostility, as I said earlier, it wasn't a great day.
Unread 05-21-2005, 03:21 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
Nox is the person I was responding to when I said "Nox, I myself have seen this problem and I have been unable to fix it. But I can tell you it ONLY happens if you camp to character select." As I have said above "Its a common bug that everyone has with Wynnd's MyUI interface, and I haven't seen how to fix it."

Whether the SOE health bar shows up in front or behind is an anomoly. The disappearance of the Overlay is an anomoly. Seeing how the SOE health bar is visible=false, the fact that it even shows up to begin with is an anomoly. The fact that this happens only when you camp to the character select is an anomoly.

This is a bug. I have been trying to fix it, but I cant. Deal with it for now.
I dont even know why the SOE healthbar is showing up at all. The visible property shouldnt matter, because the SOE healthbar shouldnt be there. The fact that it shows up because its not there is another anomoly.

Kam, where's me screenie?
Unread 05-21-2005, 10:16 AM
A Griffon

Sorry DC, been busy with stuff last night.

I should have it for you today, I have a bit more time than last night. As I think I told you, you have to stay on one character for a while is my guess. Anyway, I'll get it ASAP and post it for ya.

EDIT: Here are 3 pictures. The first one should be Partial Health where you can see the bar behind it. The second one shows that it continues to go down and behind the percent box. The third one shows how the color of the percent goes down into a deep deep grey that you can barely read. Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000054.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	2720  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000053.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	2721  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000055.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	2722  

Last edited by Kamintar : 05-21-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Unread 05-21-2005, 06:10 PM
A Griffon

Some observations:

Camping to character select seems to negate dynamic data filters placed on DD properties. For example, I changed the health percentages to ignore health color (FBFF). On first logon, the percentages were white, as they should be. Camping changed them back to green. *GRR*

Looking further into jaxels windows, I discovered that ONLY the target health overlay/frame had a DynamicData property. None of the other frames ANYWHERE had a property. My guess is that after camping, the game would have ignored the filtering (as is evidenced with the health percentages), and then had a hissy fit because it detected two objects/properties with gamedata.target.name Since the KOS border is pretty much hardwired, it pumped only into the first name property (the "Name") and ignored the other name property (the "overlay") and POOF it disappeared.

End result: Remove dynamic data from the Overlay image. So far I have not seen my target's frame disappear, nor have I seen any dual health anomolies either. Attached are my perportedly "fixed" windows. Please test them out to see if they are indeed truly "fixed"

PS: Kamintar, not sure where the greying percent value came from, I wasnt able to duplicate that either, but it seems to NOT be in the attached windows.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.xml (10.0 KB, 241 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml (10.0 KB, 229 views)
Unread 05-22-2005, 12:35 AM
A Griffon

Thanks for that DC, I'll see if that fixes the problems I was having.

EDIT: That fixed it! The frame is still there, the numbers remain white, and the background health bar no longer shows up. Thanks a million! Sorry for any beef I caused.

Last edited by Kamintar : 05-22-2005 at 02:10 AM.
Unread 05-22-2005, 06:57 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Blackburrow

First off, I really like this UI. Very clean. However, I have a couple issues:

1) For one character, not all, the XP bar has disappeared. Alt+X does not bringing back up. Any ideas?

2) Implied targeting is not working for me, even for group members.

Thanks.
Unread 05-22-2005, 07:47 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Thanks for that DC, I'll see if that fixes the problems I was having.

EDIT: That fixed it! The frame is still there, the numbers remain white, and the background health bar no longer shows up. Thanks a million! Sorry for any beef I caused.
*flex* who's da man! Woot!
Interesting that your numbers remain white. Mine like to switch to green *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacremon
First off, I really like this UI. Very clean. However, I have a couple issues:

1) For one character, not all, the XP bar has disappeared. Alt+X does not bringing back up. Any ideas?

2) Implied targeting is not working for me, even for group members.

Thanks.:
1 || Since the experience window is not showing up on one character only, I would conjecture that your UI settings file might be bugged. Fixing that can be a real PITA (if its even possible) Next time you log in on the character try:

/show_window MainHUD.Experience
or /toggleexperience

Not too sure if the toggle slash command will work, but give it a shot.

2 || /show_window MainHUD.ImpliedTarget
Implied target ONLY works in group

...... You might also try trashing the install and redownloading. Sometimes they download funky

G'luck
Unread 05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Server: Guk

*Minor Update as of May, 22, 2005: 12:00 AM EST*
More small cosmetic changes here and there. The guild window has been edited again to fit bigger numbers in certain areas. BY POPULAR REQUEST! NEW PET WINDOW! I haven't been able to test the pet window since I dont have a pet, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Also, thanks to DC for helping fix the overlay problems with the target window.
Unread 05-24-2005, 10:20 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Regarding your clock/compass mod

Hey Jaxel,

Great work on your mods, I have several installed (as peices), this message is in regard to your clock/compass mod. I have not seen anything addressing this little annoyance anywhere else in the thread so fogive me if I have overlooked it. Now that the pleasantries are cast aside I'll begin.

I have placed the clock/compass on the lower section of my screen, just below my character and it is centered. When I first enter the game the "day indicator" icon (the right section of the clock/compass) is positioned at the top of my game window in vertical alignment with where it should be placed with the rest of the clock/compass. When I rollover the clock/compass it resets back to where it should be. It happens everytime I log in, and is a minor annoyance, but I thought you would like to know from a fellow OC (obsessive/compulsive).

Also, your first use of the word mod is misspelled as mob in your mod description at the start of the post. So much for being precise.
Unread 05-24-2005, 01:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lavastorm
Default Your 6-across bags (and a note on Character select screens)

Jaxel,

I downloaded your 6-across, 100% bags a couple of weeks ago and love them. Except.....it seems that my losing my ability to send & receive item links in chat was lost at about the same time. Sony says to check the Custom UI (of course). So, I'm asking here if you've had anyone encounter this problem with your, or anyone else's, UI? I only have a few pieces of custom UI installed and its a mixed bag of mods, however, the chat windows are default.

My comment on logging to the character select screen is this: It's buggy....here is the problem I have....I can switch between two characters all day long with no problems, but, as soon as I switch to a third character, the character gets logged in, but, windows (XP, sp2) crashes the game and wants to send an error report. I sent the error report the first dozen times or so, and now I don't any more. This crash is fully predictible and I have /bugged it but haven't heard a peep from anyone.

Spyder
aka Myron Trueheart
Guildmaster of the Chosen Few
Lavastorm
Unread 05-24-2005, 02:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there a uisettings file to go with this? Default locations are not working for the UI. Windows are all over the place.
Unread 05-27-2005, 02:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi Jaxeel,

I use the Clock and Compass UI.

I have a small problem with that:

The Compass stays a white circle.

Anyone know thats the problem with it ?

Thanx

Tanabriel
Unread 05-27-2005, 10:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lavastorm
Default Looks like it was a Game Bug

Well, my ability to post links in chat apparently was a game bug which they fixed with this last patch. You would have thought that the GM that answered my petition would have known that. Oh, well.....

Jaxel, as a player with a touch of OC as well, I appreciate much of what you've done. What ideas are you playing with in other areas of the UI?

Spyder
aka Myron Trueheart
Guildmaster of The Chosen Few
Lavastorm
Unread 05-30-2005, 07:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Jaxel,

Great Mods, easily among the best I've seen for my taste. I'm using several of the pieces of your UI, and love them all. I have a question that was asked earlier but not really responded to.

It has to do with the Startbutton. I like my music at different volumes than the defaults for your Startbutton. Is there any way that I can change them to my preference and keep them that way across logins? It's moderately annoying to have to reset the volume every single time I log into the game.

Also, is there any way to get the Video and Audio settings part of the Startbutton to be closed by default? I rarely change my video settings and the only reason I need to change my audio settings with any regularlity seems to be because of this Startbutton.

I'm using the Caster version of the Startbutton, if that matters.

Thanks in advance,
Unread 06-01-2005, 04:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I scanned the thread and didn't have any luck.

Is the player window portion of your UI broken out into its own mod? or someone else's? Didn't see mention of it in the lists, and I really like the layout of the health/power points and percentages.

thanks,
Unread 06-05-2005, 02:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question Guild stuff

Hiya, I love this UI! It's great! Both my and my husband use it, as well as a friend of ours.

I was wondering something though, is anyone else having problems with the guild aspect of it? We are. It only broadcast SOME things in guild chat and very few things in the guild event window. We did 4 writs this morning and they didn't show up anywhere. I have checked to make sure that it is enabled and all that stuff. I am just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, it's really annoying me.

Thanks again for the super UI!!

~Plumsugar