EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-14-2005, 02:12 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Lavastorm

Found what looks like a packing issue with the new knowledge window for classes that don't have the spell button (combat arts only).

Image attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	knowledge.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	3677  
Unread 09-14-2005, 04:04 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Bug report--
the Factions window is messy (color leakage), and red/grey factions (indifferent and scowling) don't properly display mid-way faction (I'm halfway to Amiable with the Greenhoods according to default UI, but OCD shows nothing, same for Scowling)
Unread 09-14-2005, 04:38 PM
A Coastal Crab

im having problems with the persona window also but im not as worried about that one as i am the guild bank feature. i am a leader of a guild but its not giving me the feature to edit the bank at all. i know im able to cuz i did when i used the default ui. any clue what i can change to fix this?

ok. seems i can change the bank options. i just dont see the buttons to click on them.... weird.. works.. but kinda confusing. also found problem with skills window. nothing shows on it. .

Last edited by leviclaud : 09-14-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Unread 09-14-2005, 05:21 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Thanks for a superb UI!

I've used Jaxel's OCD for a long time now and I just can't say enough how outstanding it is. Even post-patch, the few modules that don't function perfectly are NOT game breakers at all. Thanks, Jaxel, for the best UI I have ever seen.
Unread 09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
A Coastal Crab

Are you all using this post expansion? It boots me the very second I load it every single time. Any advice please?

-Khal
Unread 09-14-2005, 07:06 PM
A Coastal Crab

Question Market Window question/request/whatnot

Just like most others, I also love this UI. One question I have though ...

Is it possible, while using the "Market" windows, to have the Class pulldown default to "any" instead of my actual class (which is Paladin)?

My problem is that when I try to search/list items that I have in my vault and my class can't actually use it, whether it's a spell I crafted on my Sage/Alchemist or a drop, it keeps defaulting to Paladin. This of course gives me no results and I have to manually change it to "any" and search again.

Now my skill at coding is pretty much like me trying to get a date with a super model ... pathetic and embarassing. So if it wasn't for you and this great UI, I would be completely lost.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks again for the great UI.

-ez-
Unread 09-14-2005, 10:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad
First off did you remove the old ui completely first? I would recommend deleting it all and then installing his. Also, did you install any other mods after installing this one? Remember a lot of mods break if you add certain other mods. Part of this is a weakness in design by SOE the rest is bad authors not using their own image files and such. If all the authors would create their own image files with their own custom names we could avoid a lot of these kinds of problems. I was having problems trying this ui but it was caused by some of the other mods I added that i prefer over what is included. Good luck!
I had installed some other UIs that i do not use way before i installed this one, they weren't causing any problems before the update though. Also i had renamed the old OCD directory so i could play until i got the OCD update. And then i did a fresh install to a new OCD directory. Could any of this be causeing my problems or is it something else? Because as it stands now the UI completely does not work for me.
Unread 09-15-2005, 12:32 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola
Just like most others, I also love this UI. One question I have though ...

Is it possible, while using the "Market" windows, to have the Class pulldown default to "any" instead of my actual class (which is Paladin)?

My problem is that when I try to search/list items that I have in my vault and my class can't actually use it, whether it's a spell I crafted on my Sage/Alchemist or a drop, it keeps defaulting to Paladin. This of course gives me no results and I have to manually change it to "any" and search again.

Now my skill at coding is pretty much like me trying to get a date with a super model ... pathetic and embarassing. So if it wasn't for you and this great UI, I would be completely lost.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks again for the great UI.

-ez-
i was just about to post about this very same issue. can anyone identify the code that causes it to default to the character's class/subclass? i'm going to be upset if it can't be disabled and made to default to Any. i've looked at the code, and i'm as lost as Ebola.
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey Jaxel, thanks for the UI, great work bro!!!

With your new release, is there a new experience bar or are you using the previous one? Just asking cause I didn't see one in any of your updated pics.
Will the old start button work with the update? (kinda like that one better)

Thanks again for all your hard work, great UI.

Last edited by anugoa : 09-15-2005 at 08:18 AM.
Unread 09-15-2005, 03:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iesmeh
i was just about to post about this very same issue. can anyone identify the code that causes it to default to the character's class/subclass? i'm going to be upset if it can't be disabled and made to default to Any. i've looked at the code, and i'm as lost as Ebola.
Ditto...there are 3 of us that use your great MOD and we all hate the market search the way it is, defaulting to your class and level. If it would default to any and 0-60 for level so when you search for things for prices on your stuff to sell that would be awesome.
Unread 09-16-2005, 07:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Start Button problems

I have been having problems with the start button display since yetserday morning. When I first installed the UI everything worked well on two seperate computers. However since yesterday morning the start button does not display anything but the EQII button only on my Wizard character. My Alt character a Shaman has no problems with the display. There is identical behavior on two different machines.

--I have tried the /show window fix .. no results.
--I have tried dragging the button around the screen to different locations .. No results. ( also the button is very hard to drag.. keeps moving pespective on the screen)
--I have completely removed the custom UI folder and restored the default UI and then re-installed with no results.

I hope that some one can help me overcome this issue because the Start bar is one of the main reasons that I use this UI!!

Thanks

Last edited by mycale : 09-16-2005 at 07:51 AM.
Unread 09-16-2005, 11:17 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi there Jaxeel,

I love yout clock and compass Mod, but after LU13 and updatin it, the compass stays white again, any hint whatss the matter with it ?

Thx.

Xemides
Unread 09-16-2005, 09:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
I have been having problems with the start button display since yetserday morning. When I first installed the UI everything worked well on two seperate computers. However since yesterday morning the start button does not display anything but the EQII button only on my Wizard character. My Alt character a Shaman has no problems with the display. There is identical behavior on two different machines.

I am having the same problem as Mycale. I'm not sure what happened. I know that I extended the window to show my other jewelry and then put some of it off screen... and now no matter what I do I can not get anything other than just the eq2 button to display. Using my alt ` which is my command to show and remove eq2 button does not work at all for this window.
Unread 09-18-2005, 12:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulove
I am having the same problem as Mycale. I'm not sure what happened. I know that I extended the window to show my other jewelry and then put some of it off screen... and now no matter what I do I can not get anything other than just the eq2 button to display. Using my alt ` which is my command to show and remove eq2 button does not work at all for this window.
Ok.. I also am screwing around with Fetish as my base UI but highly modified. Honestly I only like a few components but it seems too much of Fetish is tied into different components. Basically removing one blows up 10 others. Oh well, back to the issue.

When I use the /show_window MainHUD.Inventory it opens something different. It seems that the Fetish UI also has an xml for this. I don't know exactly which inventory.xml is opened by this command but whatever it is seems to be the source of the problem. It doesn't open the highly desired Jaxel mod it instead opens a generic Fetish mod. Seems that if we replace this then we would be golden. So, what the hell does mainhud.inventory open??? :-)

Last edited by nai1605 : 09-18-2005 at 01:03 AM.
Unread 09-18-2005, 03:39 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

There are several things you can try to fix the startbutton... some work for some people, others work for others... if after doing all this, it still doesnt work... complain to Sony for making a horrible UI system...
  • /show_window MainHUD.Inventory
  • /hide_window MainHUD.Inventory
  • alt+~ (if your start button disappears when you push this, you did not install correctly)
  • delete username_server_uisettings.ini
Unread 09-18-2005, 09:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplinked
Bug report--
the Factions window is messy (color leakage), and red/grey factions (indifferent and scowling) don't properly display mid-way faction (I'm halfway to Amiable with the Greenhoods according to default UI, but OCD shows nothing, same for Scowling)
Just thought I'd bump this issue- Any chance of a fix, Jaxel? Thanks =)
And any news on the broker window? If you can set the defaults, that'd be great!
Unread 09-18-2005, 05:16 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
There are several things you can try to fix the startbutton... some work for some people, others work for others... if after doing all this, it still doesnt work... complain to Sony for making a horrible UI system...
  • /show_window MainHUD.Inventory
  • /hide_window MainHUD.Inventory
  • alt+~ (if your start button disappears when you push this, you did not install correctly)
  • delete username_server_uisettings.ini

I was having this problem as well. The /hide and /show commands only worked until you logged out. I tried the alt + ~ command and it brought the startbar up and it stayed up.

The next problem I had was the button not staying in place until moused over (same thing with the compass). My suggestion is to place the Startbar where you like and then lock it. Button will not move again.

Now if I could just get the compass to be still this would be perfect.
Unread 09-19-2005, 06:53 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Glad to see alt+~ fixed your start button. Other people should try it too. The onmouseover thing is how it is.

As for the skills window... I havent seen any problems with it or screenshots of problems, so I cant fix anything if I dont know whats wrong.
Unread 09-19-2005, 09:40 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

If you use Maxthon web browser, Alt + ~ is how you hide the browser. Can you tell me how I would change this option manually? Thanks.
Unread 09-19-2005, 10:04 AM
A Brown Bear

I would really love to have a player window exactly like your target window so that they can stack vertically in the bottom center of my screen. I have tried to figure out how to do this myself but really have no clue. Please oh please hook this up for us Jaxel. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Unread 09-19-2005, 03:05 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
As for the skills window... I havent seen any problems with it or screenshots of problems, so I cant fix anything if I dont know whats wrong.
Sorry, do you mean the factions window?
That's what I'm having trouble with- Indifferent factions do not display "progress", neither do threatening or amiable.
If you'd like a screenshot, I'll take one once I get home from work and post it here.

Thanks!
Unread 09-20-2005, 05:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonglumHMV
Ditto...there are 3 of us that use your great MOD and we all hate the market search the way it is, defaulting to your class and level. If it would default to any and 0-60 for level so when you search for things for prices on your stuff to sell that would be awesome.
Signed .. this is just about making me compelety loose my mind. Updating merchant prices has become living hell.

I'd suggest putting in a second reset button (or a toggle) to switch between [Any Class / Any level] and [Actual Class / 0 - Current level] but please make sure that default is set to Any/Any so that searching from the merchant window will work.

/Deb

Last edited by Debillus : 09-20-2005 at 05:14 AM.
Unread 09-20-2005, 07:02 AM
A Dragoon Sith

I'm not going to change the default search... with all things being equal, evidence is showing that SOE is going to change the default search to how you guys like it.

What do you guys think about how slim it is?

Last edited by Jaxel : 09-20-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Unread 09-20-2005, 05:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
I'm not going to change the default search... with all things being equal, evidence is showing that SOE is going to change the default search to how you guys like it.

What do you guys think about how slim it is?
I love the slimness, jaxel, thanks!
I found a mod, linked on the 3rd comment off the individual piece of the market window, to a version that defaults to "any" and "60" when you click "search" in the in-home seller window.
I'll link to it if I can navigate my way there.

BTW, here's a SS of what I mean about the factions window- I don't mean to appear ungrateful or nagging, but it'd be a really nice fix, the default window is ugly and fat =/ don't want to delete my copy for that...

Unread 09-20-2005, 10:23 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Delete eq2ui_specialelements.xml from your OCD dir. That will fix your bleeding problem. Sorry about this error, I actually deleted the changes to this file from my custom mod with LU13 because Sony changed the way EQ2 handles this file. However, I forgot to mention that this file needed to be deleted.