EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-23-2009, 10:22 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown
Default Possible Numerous Window Size Changes

This is not a problem or and bug of any kind. This is just a curiosity request question.

I use a 30" flat screen monitor and run in 2560x1600. There are many windows that you cannot resize to make the icons or text larger and more easily readable. I am just wondering if you plan to make any changes in the future updates of Fetish for this, so windows can be resized larger for those who have the ability to run max resolution?

I have been working very hard at modifying certain windows and have been succesfull in my minor attempts. I have currently enlarged the following so far:

Spell Effects
Maintained
Detrimental
Player window
Clock and date window

Icon windows were enlarged so I could see the icons with a little more clarity and see what the picture really was. Also to make the text a little bigger so I didnt have to lean into the monitor to read it.

Clock and date was for the same text reason. What I havent been able to do yet is change the size of the earth and compass. It's not really neccessary, just for asthetics mainly.

Player window was enlarged so I could see and click on the quick cure icons a bit easier. I know this window can be sized horizontaly but it could not be sized vertically.

I still have a few more to work on, but they are pretty involved and I get a bit confused after getting into them a little ways being that so many things have to be moved and resized.

Group window (for text and click cures larger)
Target (for text and spell icons larger)
Implied (same reason)
EXP bar window (larger text)
Persona Bar (larger text)
Raid window (little larger text and icons)

I realize that there are not that many people who use this high of resolution and that the reprogramming of the UI would be quite involved. But I also think that in the future, more and more will be going to higher resolutions as video cards advance and monitor prices come down. Like I said, just a curisoty question is all this is.

I do have 1 question that maybe someone could answer. With this high of a resolution, the mouse pointer is very small and I tend to loose it when things get heated up. Is there any way of changing the size of it and maybe even the color? I would be grateful if I could learn a way of doing that.
Unread 12-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

To my knowledge there is absolutely no way to change the EQ2 cursor. It's something folks have been asking for for eons, so best you can do is /feedback and hope they get to it after the expansion.

Another suggestion to /feedback for would be something like a global UI_scale variable that would just rescale all UI elements. That'd certainly make it easier than what you have to do, since you have to go through and change all the various windows.
Unread 01-02-2010, 01:38 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

I know this may not be what you want to hear but...

without a global UI scale setting, the easiest way to enlarge the UI for readability is to lower your monitor resolution.
Unread 01-06-2010, 09:55 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown

Yea...I could...but it's so sweet at this resolution, and my video cards are supposedly designed to work better at higher resolutions. No worries Zonx. I am reprogramming the windows I want bigger and am learning alot about your UI and XML. It gets confusing at times and I loose track and whatnot, but I keep comming back and studying the code and then all of a sudden that part will make sense and I can change it to what I want. The UI Builder helps alot also since it gives me a graphical looksee at it all and gives me a chance to change it before I go in game. I am almost finished now so I am very happy. I may have a question or 2 later on about something, but all in all I'm doing quite well with it....
Unread 01-06-2010, 05:23 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

A small note about UIBuilder...

It likes to convert line breaks, quotes, and apos to browser entities. In some cases this can screw up the execution order of scripts, so its a good idea, after modifying a window with UIBuilder, to open the file in a text editor and globaly replace the entities with standard characters. This is particularly important for line breaks.