EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 10-31-2009, 11:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Noob question

Ok I have downloaded and tried to extract but get like 2000 errors- so I did it the manula way by extracting to desktop than moving it into the ui folder making sure that I have default,eq2map,fetish,font - That takes care of that portion of it but I still have 4 files left over EQ2, and 3 uisettings for monitor sizes -I run a 1680x1050 monitor so where would this file need to go?
Thanks for everyones help
Unread 10-31-2009, 12:34 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Beta 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraypray View Post
Ok I have downloaded and tried to extract but get like 2000 errors- so I did it the manula way by extracting to desktop than moving it into the ui folder making sure that I have default,eq2map,fetish,font - That takes care of that portion of it but I still have 4 files left over EQ2, and 3 uisettings for monitor sizes -I run a 1680x1050 monitor so where would this file need to go?
Thanks for everyones help
Could you give me the complete directory where you put everything after you downloaded to desktop? It should look something like:

C:\Program Files\Sony\EQ2\UI\*CustomUI Folder*

If you left the file structure intact when extracting, then *CustomUI Folder* should be named "FetishNightfall" (without the quotation marks, of course). If not then it'll be named...whatever you named it

Could you give the names of the files left over?

I'm guessing one is probably the EQ2.ini, which goes in your main EQ2 folder:

C:\Program Files\Sony\EQ2

And the rest are probably the layout files, which I never use, but judging from where the files are placed in the file structure in the zip, it looks like they also go in your main EQ2 folder.
Unread 10-31-2009, 02:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Yes I left the file intact and in c/programs/sony/everquestII/UI I have the following files
EQ2Map
FetishNightfall
fonts

The files I have left over are
EQ2.inc- do I need to replace the exsisting EQ2 file in Everquest II folder?
Unread 11-02-2009, 12:36 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Beta 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraypray View Post
Yes I left the file intact and in c/programs/sony/everquestII/UI I have the following files
EQ2Map
FetishNightfall
fonts

The files I have left over are
EQ2.inc- do I need to replace the exsisting EQ2 file in Everquest II folder?
I'm guessing, b/c you have an EQ2map folder, that you were previously using EQ2map by itself or with some other mods thrown in, is that right? If the answer is yes, then yes, you need to go ahead and overwrite the existing EQ2.ini with the new EQ2.ini that was included w/ Fetish.

What that file does is point EQ2 to the proper custom UI folder that you want to use. So if you don't change it, you'll continue using whatever you were using before.