EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-05-2005, 03:08 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Window centering help...

Ok...I've tried about everything and I officially give up.

I just recently started running at 1280x1024 resolution, up from 1024x768 previously.

Pretty well everything looks and works wonderfully as far as UI/Custom UI goes, but I've run into something weird. The window that pops up when you are offered a quest, the window that asks if you wish to continue to sell from your store while in your house and a few other that don't specifically leap to mind are positioned in the top left quarter of the screen, almost like they would be centered for 800x600.

I've tried moving the windows, globally unlocking and relocking windows, manually playing with some of the size numbers in various xml files, changing resolutions and then back again, removing all custom UI files, removing ALL UI files and redownloading the defaults, and doing a fresh install...nothing works. The windows always pop back in the off center top leftish position.

If anyone has any ideas on how/if you can center these would be fantastic - it's a totally minor thing, but hey.

Rillifane Rallathil
47th Season Ranger, Antonia Bayle
Unread 08-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

It sounds like this is a problem with your yourserver_charname_eq2_uisettings.ini file.

Try making a new character and see if the affected windows position correctly. If they do then it is a problem with the xxx_xxx_eq2_uisettings.ini for your specific characters. You'll need to delete/rename the file so the game can generate a new one. Doing this you'll have to reposition all your windows again.
Unread 08-05-2005, 03:31 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Nope...that didn't do it...

Didn't think it would...the clean install didn't do it either...but I figured I'd try it again for fun ...

It really looks like it's basing the centering for those windows off a 1024x768 resolution. If you dig around in the xml files for the Default UI, there are quite a few that seem to reference 1024x768 still.

As well...the eq2_default has a cl_screensize of 1024x768 still...and it resets to that if you try and change it to 1280x1024...

Still weird hehe...