EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-23-2005, 05:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor
Thumbs Up Compact Horizontal not showing 6th group memeber

Hi,

First I want to say THANK YOU!! This is by far my favorite UI. I used to use OCD, but when he stopped updating I had to find a new one. Now I wish I had started looking long ago!

Ok, now to the problem. I am using the compact horizonal group window. When there are 6 in my group I cannot see the 6th group member. There appears to be room for the 6th person as there is just a blank back space where #6 aught to be, I tried to resize the window just incase it was to small and it turns out I can't. I never get the up/down or left/right arrows when I point to the side of the bag.

Oh and last thing, this is more of a request than a problem I think. I cannot cancel concentration from my player window. I only seem to able to do that rfom my maintained. I don't usually show the maintained so it is a little annoying, but not much.

Thanks in advance!
Unread 11-23-2005, 08:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

First off THANK YOU PROFIT, been using your UI since it came out and have loved every minute of it

As to the bag 6 issue, I am experiencing the same thing as well. I will move 6 back to its position and lock it, but after returning from a log, it has moved back to the previous location and is unlocked now. I have no idea what causes it, just wanted to confirm there was a bug.

Keep up the great work and enjoy your turkey day!

P.S. Just wanted to say I fresh installed Profit, so I'm 99% sure its not from an overlap from a previous install.
Unread 11-23-2005, 09:38 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Butcherblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nydauth
First off THANK YOU PROFIT, been using your UI since it came out and have loved every minute of it

As to the bag 6 issue, I am experiencing the same thing as well. I will move 6 back to its position and lock it, but after returning from a log, it has moved back to the previous location and is unlocked now. I have no idea what causes it, just wanted to confirm there was a bug.

Keep up the great work and enjoy your turkey day!

P.S. Just wanted to say I fresh installed Profit, so I'm 99% sure its not from an overlap from a previous install.
I think it might have something to do with all the bags your UI is trying to remember. I think I remember seeing somewhere that the UI only remembers the first 20 boxes or something. So, 6 from inventory, 8 from bank, 4 from shared bank, and 2 from your store (which is 20....). I don't know what could be causing it, but I think I remember seeing something about having 21 bags or something to that effect.

Anyway, it's probably something like that. Only thing I could think of to do would be to open up all the bags you can, from inventory and bank first, then head to your store and unlock those bags. Maybe that will work...Not sure though - I'm no coder!
Unread 11-24-2005, 01:18 PM
A Coastal Crab

hi

i have one little problem :

- the stats bar on the bottom does not appear ( atk, avoid, resist ...)

have an idea ?
Unread 11-24-2005, 01:34 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorhak
hi

i have one little problem :

- the stats bar on the bottom does not appear ( atk, avoid, resist ...)

have an idea ?
First page...

Quote:
Known issues:
* Lower stat bar no longer showing any text - I have no idea why.
Unread 11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
A Grove Wisp

This may be SOE's problem not just your UI. I prefer Shift for my 2nd hotkey bar instead of Alt and it's set up as such. But my hotkeys still say Alt 1, Alt 2, etc when I have the text visible. If I drag unlock, drag a spell (even back to it's original key) and let go, then all of a sudden the correct labels show up on the spells. Any way to get the hotbars to read the proper keymaps before displaying the text?
Unread 11-25-2005, 06:10 PM
A Grove Wisp

OK, I started searching around the SOE forums and noticed that the bag thing is an ongoing bug. The game can only remember the location for a certain number of bags. I think it's enough for your Inv and bank, but throw in your vault and the new quiver bag and it's too many
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:51 AM
A Forest Scavenger

How would I go about removing the grey-ish transparent background at the bottom of the screen? I've got my chat window and hotbars rising above it, so having half my chat with that for the background is painful to my eyes >.<

Any info would be appreciated, thanks
Unread 11-26-2005, 11:36 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylius
How would I go about removing the grey-ish transparent background at the bottom of the screen? I've got my chat window and hotbars rising above it, so having half my chat with that for the background is painful to my eyes >.<

Any info would be appreciated, thanks
You just have to get your mouse cursor in just the right spot to control it. It's a normal frame just like the rest of the UI. I needed to stretch it up just a hair for my settings and I think the easiest place I was able to unlock and then manupulate it was from just above the Buff icons.
Unread 11-26-2005, 12:00 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraenhawk
You just have to get your mouse cursor in just the right spot to control it. It's a normal frame just like the rest of the UI. I needed to stretch it up just a hair for my settings and I think the easiest place I was able to unlock and then manupulate it was from just above the Buff icons.
Perfect! Thanks
Unread 11-27-2005, 01:18 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Neriak

i ran across this ui the other day when i was looking for something.. i really liked it but i thought it needed some changes so here is a screen shot of my changes hope you like it and im not into the gold so i changed most of that to hope you dont mind. Profit keep up the good work.

Chop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	4168  
Unread 11-27-2005, 01:37 PM
A Brown Bear

If thats the way you like it go with it. I'm a neat freak when it comes to my UI, so your setup is a tad painful to my eyes.
Unread 11-28-2005, 02:30 AM
A Griffon

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop
i ran across this ui the other day when i was looking for something.. i really liked it but i thought it needed some changes so here is a screen shot of my changes hope you like it and im not into the gold so i changed most of that to hope you dont mind. Profit keep up the good work.

Chop

You can size the compass to remove the now redundant target/implied target space holders.
Unread 11-29-2005, 09:00 AM
A Grove Wisp

Default missing info

on the bottom bar, no of the numbers show up is there any way of fixxing it.
thanks
Unread 11-29-2005, 07:05 PM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddwick
on the bottom bar, no of the numbers show up is there any way of fixxing it.
thanks
It's been posted multiple times (including by the author, and even on this page) that it's a known issue with the bottom bar not working anymore.

Profit, just a hint on the bottom bar problem. I noticed the other day when I created a new character (so I didn't have your settings.ini copied over for him yet) That the bottom bar was showing all the info properly. So it's not that the bottom bar isn't showing text anymore, it's just something in your settings that's included in the .zip that's stopping it.
Unread 11-30-2005, 03:48 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraenhawk
It's been posted multiple times (including by the author, and even on this page) that it's a known issue with the bottom bar not working anymore.

Profit, just a hint on the bottom bar problem. I noticed the other day when I created a new character (so I didn't have your settings.ini copied over for him yet) That the bottom bar was showing all the info properly. So it's not that the bottom bar isn't showing text anymore, it's just something in your settings that's included in the .zip that's stopping it.

Ahh ok thanks, very strange...
Unread 12-01-2005, 11:20 AM
A Griffon

1.8d
* Hotbars now sizeable and have been tidied up.
* Raid window can now have the raid group titles removed and it will compact itself.
* Complex shader now a series of buttons ranging from -1 to 300 enabling setting to be saved.
* Chat window tidied up.

Should be up in a couple of hours.
Unread 12-01-2005, 01:22 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Lucan DLere
Talking Cant wait...

Cant wait for your new release this is my new hud now
Unread 12-01-2005, 05:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I updated to 1.8d but still receive the error messages that some of my UI needs updated. Anyone else getting these messages when logging in? Everything still seems to work fine though, although it will not let me resize the icons.

No biggie since it all still looks and plays fine. Just wanted to see if others are having the same issues.

Great UI Profit, I've been using this for a long time.
Unread 12-01-2005, 05:32 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by myaz
I updated to 1.8d but still receive the error messages that some of my UI needs updated. Anyone else getting these messages when logging in? Everything still seems to work fine though, although it will not let me resize the icons.

No biggie since it all still looks and plays fine. Just wanted to see if others are having the same issues.

Great UI Profit, I've been using this for a long time.
I don't think the site updated the zip yet
Unread 12-01-2005, 06:02 PM
A Griffon

Sorry, forgot to include it in the update only zip, fixing now...
Unread 12-01-2005, 08:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Gonna sound Stupid!!

This is gonna sound stupid, but bear with me. I love the UI Profit, almost everything about it. The only things I have added is mahroni's quick change shutdown, and Valdacil's Tradeskill mod. That being said, I went to add the lines of code for Valdicil's Tradeskill window, that it required, but to my suprise there was no eq2ui_mainhud.xml!!!

Am I missing something??? I look at the eq2ui.xml in the folder and it has a line to include the eq2ui_mainhud, but I can't seem to find it. Did I do something???

If you can, please help, I hate looking dumb, although apparently I'm getting really good at it.
Unread 12-02-2005, 12:01 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanyai
This is gonna sound stupid, but bear with me. I love the UI Profit, almost everything about it. The only things I have added is mahroni's quick change shutdown, and Valdacil's Tradeskill mod. That being said, I went to add the lines of code for Valdicil's Tradeskill window, that it required, but to my suprise there was no eq2ui_mainhud.xml!!!

Am I missing something??? I look at the eq2ui.xml in the folder and it has a line to include the eq2ui_mainhud, but I can't seem to find it. Did I do something???

If you can, please help, I hate looking dumb, although apparently I'm getting really good at it.
I believe Profit does NOT include a eq2ui_mainhud.xml file with his mods. Couple reasons for that...

1) Doesn't have any windows other than "SoE's windows"
2) Doesn't want to have to deal with that file when updates occur

If you want to add a window to the MainHUD file, then go ahead and copy it from your default folder. All the windows should still work, as it doesn't affect code, it only affects what windows are shown.

Enjoy.
Unread 12-02-2005, 11:32 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit
Sorry, forgot to include it in the update only zip, fixing now...
I'm still getting the 1.8c download from the site =(

Edit: And then I remember about the first post on this thread >< Nevermind, thanks for the update
Unread 12-02-2005, 01:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

The updated files for 1.8d are now working perfectly, no error messages and the icons can now be resized. Thanks for the quick fix Profit!