EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-02-2005, 09:39 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown
Default Expando-Player Window

I've been seeing a few 'minimize' buttons here and there. One is on the map window, and another that I have seen is on Zonx ExpTurbo bar. I dunno for certain, but I am pretty sure that you could code an "expand" into any window?

My point is: Instead of filling my player window with everything under the sun, can certain data be coded into an expando-window? Sorta the same way how you click the EQ2 Start button and the menu pops up. Kinda hard to explain what I mean, heh. Anyway, let me know if it can be done.

Thanks, D
Unread 04-02-2005, 09:54 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Yes. Easiest to shove all the data you want as hidable at bottom and/or right of an existing window. Set a button to toggle the window between 2 or more sizes to hide/show the bottom and right side stuff.

With enough scripting, a button can completely rearange a window's contents too, so you can hide stuff out of the window's borders and pull them in with a button, or just toggle visibility on and off.

If you're not opposed to custom windows and are using dynamic data objects, you can drop everything into a custom window and set a button in some other window that opens and closes the custom window. My MiniMap mod works that way, custom window opened by a button added to the main map window.
Unread 04-02-2005, 11:21 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest
Default resizes from top left

The problem I've run into with this is that all resizes to windows anchor from the top left corner. So you can make a window that pops down, or pops out to the right, but you can't make a window that expands upwards or to the left.

Has anyone found differently?
Unread 04-02-2005, 11:57 AM
A Griffon

well a work around for the above is the add in an extra location change for the window for when it expands/collapses

-Selae
Unread 04-02-2005, 11:59 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Correct. The workaround I used for Fetish6WayInventory requires a dummy window of the smaller size. The main window is then scripted to snap to its location. It appears to shrink down to the right, but in fact shirnks up normally, then moves.

WOuld be nice if we could set a ResizeAnchor... infact I'm gonna post that to the wish list.
Unread 04-02-2005, 06:28 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown
Default Clarification for shrink/grow

Say the window size is like 150,120, and you wanted to stretch it down twenty pixels.

So for "ButtonGrow" you would have

OnPress || parent.size="150,140" onpress=press2
Press1 || parent.size="150,140" onpress=press2
Press2 || parent.size="150,120" onpress=press1

What would you do for a generic "stretch" ? I plan on having "add-onwindows" on at least two sides of the window, and I dont want too cut anything off.
Unread 04-02-2005, 08:19 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoz
The problem I've run into with this is that all resizes to windows anchor from the top left corner. So you can make a window that pops down, or pops out to the right, but you can't make a window that expands upwards or to the left.

Has anyone found differently?
just use propper pack location attributes and you wont have that problem. look at my experience bars that expand/collapse based on if the titlebar is set to on or off. it expands up and to the left, the only location changes i make are ones where it actually is moved to a different spot on the window.

here is the download link of the file. http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3410

EDIT: added a more detailed explanation.

In mine the objects that i dont want to move when its expanded like that have a packlocation of "FFF,FFF" the first three letters mean that Horizontally the Far side of the object stays a Fixed distance away from the Far side of the window. The second 3 letters mean that Vertically the Far side of the object stays a Fixed distance away from the Far side of the window.

For location: N is near, F is far, and C is center
For distance: F is fixed, P is proportional

Horizontally N is the left, and F is the right
Vertically N is the top and F is the bottom

If you need an even more indepth explanation of this then check out the manual for the ui builder, it has about a page or 2 on packlocation and it has an image, it may help you visualize it.

Last edited by taco-man : 04-02-2005 at 08:33 PM.
Unread 04-03-2005, 03:22 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Hmm... maybe I need to play with this again. Could be I just didn't understand enough about packloc when I dorked with it before.

1 potential issue is that packloc for the window also controls how its moved as the screen resolution changes. If its a window that goes in the upper left corner, setting the packloc for lower right corner (so it resizes to there) could result in the window being moved to a weird spot at various resolutions, even off screen.
Unread 04-03-2005, 03:50 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Server: Antonia Bayle

Ok well smack me i misunderstood and thought he was having problems with items on the page moving when he tried to shorten the window from the left/top, however packlocation should still work for the window as well. ill take a closer look into it in the mornig.