Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 04-26-2009, 02:12 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor
Talking Fetish Player Window Cure with Potions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
I've also been thinking about adding an option for cure pots in the group window.
I thought it was such a great idea, I went ahead and threw this together. I'm sure Zonx has more complicated things to focus on.

This mod to the FetishNightfall Player window separates the Trauma, Arcane, Noxious, and Elemental effects into four clickable buttons. These buttons will try and cast the appropriate cure spells first. If the spells are unavailable (for example, your class doesn't have them), it will try and cast the appropriate cure potion in the following order: Grandmaster's ___ Remedy, Expert's ___ Remedy, Dedicated ___ Remedy. If your class has a cure spell that can cure it and is available to be cast, the potions will not be used.

You can download it here.

Let me know what ya think.
Author -Dethdlr's Adornment Calculator
Lead Programmer for EQ2U

Last edited by Dethdlr : 04-26-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Unread 04-26-2009, 10:33 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Permafrost

Worked just fine for my swashy. Thanks for the work.

-Ged
Unread 04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Was looking at doing this for the raid window as well...

Good timing and very nice work.

I just started looking into doing something like this for the raid window (click effect to cure with potion). Any thoughts on extending to there as well? I will mess with it tonight using what you've done with the player window as a starting point.

Thanks again for the mod!
Unread 04-27-2009, 06:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseqeynos View Post
Good timing and very nice work.

I just started looking into doing something like this for the raid window (click effect to cure with potion). Any thoughts on extending to there as well? I will mess with it tonight using what you've done with the player window as a starting point.

Thanks again for the mod!
I didn't look at adding it to the raid window because the potions will only cure yourself anyway. You would probably end up with 23 buttons that wasted a potion and 1 that cured yourself. Either that or I'm not quite following what you're suggesting.

Glad you like the player window though! It was awesome last night in the Leviathan fight. Curing those Noxious dots was a breeze.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah. That is what I ws looking for, but I hear what you are saying.

I tend to look at the raid window (I call timers and detrimentals on raids) and being able to click cure self here with pots would be convenient as I play a melee class.

However, in thinking more about this I'm not sure how you would diffierentiate between classes to make it generic such that healers cast cures and non-healers used pots. Seems a bit complicated to capture that logic.. I'll do a little more thinking and playing to see what I can learn.

In the mean time I'm looking forward to giving the player click cures a go on the raid tonite.

Thanks again for the response and the mod.
Unread 04-28-2009, 04:01 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

If a priest wants to use cures then they should F1+cure key
Otherwise click to cure should be a potion if it is yourself for EVERYONE. Reason being is that there are many effects that cause you to lock your target. Priest still need to be able to cure. I almost exclusively used potions to cure my self.
Unread 04-28-2009, 04:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by samejima View Post
If a priest wants to use cures then they should F1+cure key
Otherwise click to cure should be a potion if it is yourself for EVERYONE. Reason being is that there are many effects that cause you to lock your target. Priest still need to be able to cure. I almost exclusively used potions to cure my self.
Here's an example of how it works now for priests:

Priest gets hit with a Trauma.
Priest clicks the icon for Trauma and the cure spell gets cast.
Priest gets hit with a Noxious a fraction of a second after the cure spell goes off
Priest clicks the icon for Noxious
IF the cure spell HAS NOT refreshed yet and IS NOT available to be cast, the cure potion will go off and cure the priest

I wrote it this way so that priests don't have to spend money on potions when they have cure spells on them anyway. This is basically the way the original one worked since it was all one big button across Trauma, Arcane, Noxious, and Elemental that just cast the cure spells. If you'd like a version that casts the potions BEFORE the cure spells, I can tell you what lines to modify so that it does that instead. Could even upload a version that works that way. I suspect though that most priests would rather have their cure spell go off first, then the cure potions, but I can see why you may want it to work the other way. In some cases, it's better to have your self cure potion refreshing than your cure spell that could have got a delevel off the MT in time to save the group/raid. I would think though that in those cases, you'd just do what you do now and use a potion off your hotbar or something like that.

Also, keep in mind that the button does a /useabilityonplayer YourCharacter CureSpellName when it does the cure. It doesn't actually change your target to cast it. If you have the Main Tank targeted and click the Trauma button under your name, it will cure the trauma on you using your cure spell but will keep the Main Tank targeted the whole time.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 04-28-2009, 04:38 PM
A Griffon

Priest should ALWAYS use a cure potion on their selfs unless they need it for a specific thing in that fight. Which in that case(this being the minority) they should hit F1 then cure themselves via hotkey or clicking.

An easy way to handle that though would be!
Code:
  		<Page Name="Arcane" onshow="Parent.ArcanePot.Visible=(COND ? True : False) COND=(Parent.Parent.Target.Localtext == Parent.Parent.Self.Localtext)
Parent.Cure.Visible=(COND ? True : False) COND=(Parent.Parent.Target.Localtext == Parent.Parent.Self.Localtext)
Visible=false" Visible="false" />
Code:
		<Page Name="Cure" onhide="Parent.Priest.Visible=(COND ? True : False) COND=(Parent.Parent.Archetype.Localtext == Priest)
Parent.Mage.Visible=(COND ? True : False) COND=(Parent.Parent.Archetype.Localtext == Mage)
Parent.Paladin.Visible=(COND ? True : False) COND=(Parent.Parent.SubClass.Localtext == Paladin)
Visible=true" Visible="true" />
		<Page Name="Priest" onshow="Parent.Cancel.Visible=Parent.Parent.CancelSpellCast.Localtext
useabilityonplayer Parent.Parent.Target.Localtext 'Cure'
Visible=False" Visible="False" />
		<Page Name="Mage" onshow="Parent.Cancel.Visible=Parent.Parent.CancelSpellCast.Localtext
useabilityonplayer Parent.Parent.Target.Localtext 'Cure Arcane'
		<Page Name="Paladin" onshow="Parent.Cancel.Visible=Parent.Parent.CancelSpellCast.Localtext
useabilityonplayer Parent.Parent.Target.Localtext 'Cure Spells'
I am sure you can fill in the blanks and get the idea behind it.
Unread 04-28-2009, 04:44 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseqeynos View Post
I tend to look at the raid window (I call timers and detrimentals on raids) and being able to click cure self here with pots would be convenient as I play a melee class.
So basically, in the raid window, if it's YOU, let the click-cure use a potion, if not, do what it does now?

I know what you mean by looking at the raid window while calling timers, calling detrimentals, positioning yourself within melee range of the mob, and making sure to cure yourself with potions all while constantly watching the raid window. Been there, done that, part of why this mod exists.

Give it a try tonight and see how you like it. I found myself watching for the detrimentals on pull the other night in Ward of Elements and was clicking my cure pots on my hotbars when I saw them hit. Problem is, I wasn't paying close enough attention to where *I* was located in the raid window and found myself clicking cure pots when I didn't really need to because the line across from my name didn't have a detrimental. Now that I have this version of the player window, it's made it considerably easier. After giving it a try, let me know if you still think it would be a big help for the detrimentals in the raid window to cure with potions for yourself. I *might* be able to figure out how to re-wire the raid window to do that but don't want to tackle it unless there's someone who thinks it's going to be a big help.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 04-28-2009, 05:05 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Priest should ALWAYS use a cure potion on their selfs unless they need it for a specific thing in that fight. Which in that case(this being the minority) they should hit F1 then cure themselves via hotkey or clicking.
The *how* part would be easy. I'm just trying to follow the *why* part. Keep in mind, my highest healer is only level 60 and has never raided so I'm looking to learn something here.

If I'm following you, you're saying that when you add up the time spent soloing, the time spent grouping, and the time spent raiding, combine all the trash in the raid and group zones with the names, that there are more times where it makes sense to cure yourself with a potion than with your own cure spell? Is it a timing thing that you can cure yourself with a cure potion then immediately cure the tank with your cure spell since it's still available? I wasn't aware that healers burned through cure potions that fast. Then again, like I said, I don't really play a healer. I would have thought that you would just use the hotbars for cure pots like you have to now with the default Fetish player window for the fights when you "need" to have your cure up faster than a second (it's a 1 second recast, right) and use your own cure spell the rest of the time so you don't use so many potions. Sounds like I may be mistaken in my assumptions. The small amount of healers I asked before releasing this wanted to make sure it would continue to cast their cure spells first, then potions if those were down.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 04-28-2009, 05:18 PM
A Griffon

I can support why you should use potions, now what is the logic that you should use cures? If you are soloing you just have to click cure since the mob will be targeting you. If you are in a group you should hardly get any detriments. On raid trash what do you need to cure off your self?
Unread 04-28-2009, 06:25 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I can support why you should use potions, now what is the logic that you should use cures? If you are soloing you just have to click cure since the mob will be targeting you. If you are in a group you should hardly get any detriments. On raid trash what do you need to cure off your self?
I wasn't trying to start an argument, just trying to understand your reasoning. As I said, I don't play a healer. My logic for using cures is, that's what the healers I talked to wanted. Sounds like you want to use potions all the time. You're not going to use this mod anyway since you have your own, so have at it. If I get a bunch of other healers who want to use this mod and want it to use potions first, I'll look into making it an option.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U
Unread 04-28-2009, 07:16 PM
A Griffon

Mine is already coded like that ^^. I just never understood priest that did not use cure potions. I could name a number of situations where you can cast a cure but need to use a potion.
Unread 04-28-2009, 07:46 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Then put your potions on a hotbar and click them whenever you want to cure yourself. There's nothing wrong with that.

Just like there's nothing wrong with giving people options. I happen to like the option that this mod gives. I also keep my potions hotbar'd so I have that option available too.

So your mod doesn't do it this way. Fine and dandy. No need to make another modder's life difficult.

p.s. And as a raid healer, for every example that you can give showing why this mod shouldn't cast the heal spell before the potion, I can give you 99 examples of how I save plat by casting my heal spell on myself instead of a potion.

p.s.s. **begs forgiveness of the original poster for hijacking his thread**
Unread 04-30-2009, 04:34 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

So here's my take on this subject...

I do have a fair amount of experience raiding, grouping, soloing etc. with my lvl 80 Necro, Guardian, Warden, and Assassin. I also get a lot of input from my wife who raids a lvl 80 Defiler and Trob, plus guildies and random tells from Fetish users.

There are several reasons I have intentionally avoided adding pots to the default ClickCures.

1) Anything that costs the player cash should be an "Opt In" proposition, not the default.

2) In raids, healers should NOT by default need to ditch their primary heal target just to self cure.

3) Its fairly easy to add pots to a hotbar if you need them.

4) A large percentage of classes can self cure a good deal of the common effects you bother to cure.

5) The few cases where you absolutely must cure but are prevented from self curing due to forced de/target or delevel are almost entirely confined to high-end raiding, which isn't something the average player does regularly.

6) Unless you also happen to be involved with running a raid (calling timers, cures, watching HP and Power levels, etc) players of melee classes probably won't spend much time staring at the raid window, and would prefer to hide the (mostly useless to them) detrimental and RaidAbility buttons.

All that said, I do understand hotbar space is at a premium these days. Several classes must use pots. And different classes have different UI elements they focus on.

My plan (when I have time) is to update the original dedicated 4-button ClickCures window to use pots and to use them prior to using cure spells. As a small dedicated window, you will be able to position it wherever you tend to focus.

Meanwhile I'll be adding a Persona window checkbox to optionally enable pots as a backup for the player window.

I may also toy with an option to enable RaidAbility buttons in the group window via titlebar.
Unread 05-01-2009, 06:22 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
I may also toy with an option to enable RaidAbility buttons in the group window via titlebar.
When I got the time, the group window was actually the next thing I was going to play around with as an add on. Didn't think about the titlebar option though. Hmm.
Lead Programmer for EQ2U