EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-23-2005, 10:19 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Assistance needed with progressbar

I have been trying to add a group of three status bars for my avoidance skills (block, parry and deflect). The data comes as a precentage and I can display the data as text. But it does not seem to be operating the progressbars, each bar stays at the setting "Progress=x.x". Am I missing something silly that anyone can see ?

Here is the typical coding I added for each progress bar.

<Progressbar BackgroundColor="#000000" Color="#A6A6A6" DynamicData="/GameData.Stats.Defense_AvoidanceBlock" DynamicDataFilter="" Location="56,6" Name="Block%Bar" Progress="0.500" ScrollExtent="200,5" Size="200,5" Style="/progressbarlist.progress_default4"/>

Last edited by _Kevlar_ : 04-23-2005 at 01:16 PM.
Unread 04-23-2005, 01:25 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Simple but very annoying problem... the data passed is text, not a number, so can't be used to feed numeric values. If you're lucky and the text only includes numbers and a decimal, you can do math on it to convert the text to an actual number before plugging it into the prog bar. If it includes a percent, you're prety much hosed.

Oh and dynamicdata only passes values directly to the parameters assigned to it. In this case, text="###%". So if this is going to work at all, you'll need some event to pass the value from the text parameter to the prog param. Something like OnHoverIn="progress=text"

Its not going to update automatically.
Unread 04-23-2005, 01:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thank you very much Zonx. That certainly answers my question.

Is there a way to determine what type of data is being passed? Such as running it through the dynamic filter and stripping off various items until the data is nolonger displayed?

I'll play with this and see if I can make the determination.

The text data does update as it changes. If I swap out shields for example does change the Block % text. But as you said, since it is text, it will not work for a progress value.

Again, Thank you.

Last edited by _Kevlar_ : 04-23-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Unread 04-23-2005, 04:02 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Yes the normal values for a DD object will update automatically, but passing those values to some other paramater wont. You'll need to use an event script to make the pass, and currently there's no way to have event scripts automatically excute on a timed basis.

Since most of the possible DD values are passed to paramaters other than text, it'll be tricky to determine what all is being passed. Using a text object should make a few things obvious without any special tricks. If the text changes, the text param is gettign data. If mouseover gives a tooltip, tooltip is getting data. If the text is a different color than what you assigned in the XML, color data is being passed.

Some possibilities will be object specific. For example I don't think a text object will even recieve progress values even if the DD contains it. You'll need to use an object that accepts the type of data you want to test for.

All a DD filter does is block everything except the paramater you specify. It doesn't chage where the data goes. For example, a color filter wont pipe the color value to the text paramater. So if you want to see exactly what the value is, you'll need an event script that applies that vlaue to something readable. I find tooltip to be handy for this sort of testing since prety much every object has a tooltip param. Something like OnHoverIn="tooltip=progress"

FYI, from what I've seen, DD prety much only contains text and maybe a tooltip and/or color unless it already does something else in the default UI.