EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-02-2006, 07:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Tracking X

I use to have a red X on my map when tracking a NPC or player. Now after I patched a few days ago (been outta EQ for a couple weeks) the red X no longer shows up on my map and my glowing trail is sometimes hard to find (I'm suspecting SOE issue on that one).

Anyways, I would love to know how I could either Mod that back in or just about anything to get that back. Made deciding on PVP targets WAY easyer, =D
Unread 03-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

You should have a read cross hair like thing now correct?

We decided to change it mostly because the big X was a bit over the top for most people and it's the icon you click on when submitting POI's I believe. I thought it was a nice touch.
Unread 03-03-2006, 07:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I patched and then ran EQ2, tryed tracking something an still no red X. Assuming that was what you were asking?

Even if it was a custom mod, a quick tutorial on how to put it back in would be awesome. Or a little option to activate it on/off would be awesome for people who dont want it.

Anyways, any feedback would be great.
Unread 03-03-2006, 09:53 PM
A Brown Bear

Try deleting the icon_map3.dds file that is in the

UI\(YOUR_UI_DIR_HERE)\images\icons

directory in whatever UI directory you are using (if you dont know what directory that is, look at the UI listed in the patcher for eq2map)

Then run the patcher and let it grab the file again

Chances are that some custom UI you installed has overwritten this with a older file without the X
Unread 03-04-2006, 02:42 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Awesome! 'Cept...its a White X atm, and blinking

But that defiently made my day. Thank you!

Last edited by audune : 03-04-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Unread 03-05-2006, 04:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah, is there a way to get it to be Red again? The reason I ask is that most of my maps have a white background, just about 10 minutes ago I almost missed a PVP gank squad in the room ahead of me because I couldn't see the X.

Thanks again!
Unread 03-05-2006, 11:29 AM
A Brown Bear

well at this point, you have about 3 options (in order of hardest to easiest)

1. Beg the creators/modders of eq2map to modify the file to change the color of the white X

2. Change it yourself. the DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info forum has great info on how to modify the dds files (requires some experience with a graphics program like photoshop or paint shop pro)

3. use the file out of someone elses UI modification. Personally, i would try FetishMaps v6.3 as Zonx creates some amazing things...and looking at his file, it looks like his is an orange O instead of a white X. Just use his dds file in place of the one delete above, or use his full modification to the map window, your choice.

Hope this helps
Unread 03-05-2006, 07:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well first thing I tryed was Fetish, but reading on that people were having many issues with their custom UI's, and I'm running Jethal's Nightelf skin, and besides missing the tool bars on my map, works great. Also the orange O's show on my map too, but they stand for Quest NPC's. Hollow means I can get a quest, Solid means I can complete the quest there.

2nd I'm gonna go try out the mod boards. Problably my best luck, I'm not good at begging, =P

Though, it is still hard to view the X with it being white on all these white background maps, XD.