EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2Map Troubleshooting

Unread 12-18-2006, 11:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Nothing showing on EQ2 Map

Havent played for a year and started over last weekend with EOF. Still had the EQ2 Map Updater, just started it and it uploaded (around 9 MB *g*). I only play around Kelethin atm and I launched the game ove EQ2Map but I didnt see ANY new things on the map. Was just normal.

Today, to make sure, I downloaded the 1.0.6 Version again, reinstalled and still no change. Then I again downloaded and installed that .net framework, version 1.1, also checked upload files go to the defined ui folder (they do).

Now I dont know what else I could do to make EQ2 Map work - any ideas whats going wrong?
Unread 12-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

If you installed EoF from the retail DVD its possible you installed EQ2 in a different location and now have 2 EQ2 folders; one active and one not.

Right click on the shortcut you use to load EQ2, then choose properties, the target: will show you the path where EQ2 is installed and you'll need to make sure the path under options in the eq2map updater has the correct path.

Only two reasons why EQ2Map doesnt show in game, its not installed in the correct location or although unlikely your using some other interface mod its conflicting with

Last edited by Dolby : 12-18-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Unread 12-18-2006, 02:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

deleted since I found the error, it was the upload-SETUP.exe in that right directions folder, the uploader itself was somewhere wrong gonna try it now, guess it will work

Edit: unfortunately it does not work I de- and reinstalled and the EQ2 Map folder is under the path where Everquest runs and has the uploader.exe in it.

My eq2ini has this path:

cl_ui_skinname susi
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Folder "susi" is also the path where the map updates go into (is shown under options too). There are no mods in that folder (as I understand if I would work with a mod it should be in this folder right?), just images, fonts, tints, sound and eq2map.

Do you see any mistakes in there?

Last edited by Zauberfee : 12-18-2006 at 03:05 PM. Reason: update
Unread 12-18-2006, 03:32 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

If you dont' have any mods in that folder other than EQ2MAP then I would highly suggest deleting the entire folder as well as the eq2.ini file and re-installing. This will allow EQ2MAP to get a fresh installation that will create the proper location and INI file.
Unread 12-18-2006, 03:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

You mean that "susi" folder? And reinstall just EQ2 Map? Will the other folders (images, sound and so on) and the ini come back from the EQ2 Map-installation? I probably need to make a new folder "susi" (empty) before then? Litte afraid lol...
Unread 12-18-2006, 05:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok I removed that whole "susi" folder AND the eq2.ini, made no folder at all and reinstalled EQ2 Map - it made not all those folders I had before (hope I wont need anything of their contents), but EQ2 Map works now and I even have a EoF starting picture now instead of DoF lol

Thx a bunch