EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 12-08-2006, 03:31 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Fer Da Life of me I cant figure out how to.

Hey, first off let me add my sincerest thanks to you for not abandoning your UI.

I followed your POST 29 suggestions and loaded ProfitUI. A feature that it had was it allowed me to set my windows/hotbars etc on one char and use that template to fill in on my other chars.

I thought ThorUI had a feature where I could command line load from player x player y's ui settings but I cannot find the commands.

Any Idea?

Thanks in advance and WELCOME BACK you sure scared us.
Unread 12-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

I've been meaning to add a clicky that will bring the window up for you.
I'll try and do that soon.

Until then here's the command:
/load_uisettings
Be sure to check out the versions I provide.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-22-2006, 04:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

I've downloaded the new version of the UI its all working great, but when i change to diffeerent styles of windows useing the features menu my windows in the game dont change. My slim pet bar and my casting bar are stuck and wont change to the other types, any idea what i'm doing wrong ?

Thanks
Unread 12-22-2006, 07:31 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Remember to delete the thorui folder in the UI directory each time you change a feature.

Then let the AU redownload all the features again.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 12-27-2006, 06:36 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye

Hi,
Glad to see your sticking with it
I am having a small problem atm, i have tried to add fetish target and implied target boxes (which i had installed from my last query ), but every time i do this, my Ui reverts back to normal.
I have every as you told me before, "do not replace the files is unchecked"
Unless its an actual problem with the "FetishTargetsTurbo_5_0" that i am using, i cant work out what i am doing wrong
Unread 12-27-2006, 07:30 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinn
Hi,
Glad to see your sticking with it
I am having a small problem atm, i have tried to add fetish target and implied target boxes (which i had installed from my last query ), but every time i do this, my Ui reverts back to normal.
I have every as you told me before, "do not replace the files is unchecked"
Unless its an actual problem with the "FetishTargetsTurbo_5_0" that i am using, i cant work out what i am doing wrong
I'm guessing that maybe that particular mod uses certain files that something else in the UI uses which are considerably different from what is required (perhaps some file that was in place prior to adding this mod had a block of code in it for one or multiple other windows, then was it got replaced with a different file that didn't have that block of code when the fetish mod was added).

/shrug

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost

LU31 is out now... and I've just noticed that when I right click on a bar, I get no menu or anything else. So if I don't have a spinner out, I can't switch rows. Or add new ones. Or pretty much anything other than drag on and off powers. It's also happened to my wife. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Unread 02-01-2007, 11:51 PM
A Coastal Crab

My wife and I also have the same probs
Unread 02-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

SOE seems to have changed it so that you only get the menu if you click on the hotkey window itself rather than a hotkey now.
Since my hotkey window has nearly all empty space taken out it makes it difficult but its still possible.
Try clicking on the border of the window rather than between hotkeys.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-12-2007, 08:00 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade2074
I'm not sure if this is GUI related or perhaps game related. So just in case I will post it here. When I created a new character yesterday, I opted to do all the beginning stuff (start on the boat). The first thing I noticed was that when the movie that tells the background story played the screen background was completely black and all the GUI were jumbled up as they normally would be the first time I install the GUI. I could 'hear' the story being told in the background, but I couldn't see the usual movie that I normally see.

Everything else in the game appears to be working properly though, and when I had the game scan all the files everything appeared to be in place.

Like I said I'm not sure if it is GUI related or perhaps it could be game related. I just figured I would mention it here first just in case - to see if anyone else had this problem.
Im having this same problem. any chance that there is a fix for this that I am missing someplace? Great Ui. My favorite so far, but I miss being able to skip that first movie and without having the screen visible, you can't hit the "skip" button.
Unread 02-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

This is because you selected the "chat while zoning" feature.

Deselect it and manually remove "eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml" from the thorui directory if you choose not to use it.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 02-28-2007, 12:54 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default missing performance selector

I have uninstalled an reinstalled a couple of times and copied the UI files from one system to another and still can't get the performance bar to show up. I don't know what it's really called. It's the bar with the radio buttons to select system performance. It also has the goggles to toggle night vision and other things. What am I missing?

Zoo
Unread 02-28-2007, 07:08 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Ensure you have the "start button feature" selected.
Once you are sure of that, unlock and drag the window sides out.
If you have trouble with that, you can use "/load_uisettings" while in game and choose one of the thorui versions offered and move items around afterwards.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 03-12-2007, 03:47 PM
A Grove Wisp

Fae, I selected mini-map in the options and now the main map does not contain the /loc position down at the bottom center. I have since deselected that but it stays the same. Any ideas how to fix it before I delete eqIIui_map or whatever the file is.
Unread 03-12-2007, 06:49 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlin
Fae, I selected mini-map in the options and now the main map does not contain the /loc position down at the bottom center. I have since deselected that but it stays the same. Any ideas how to fix it before I delete eqIIui_map or whatever the file is.
Deselecting something in the auto updater does not delete any files that mod/addon uses. As per these instructions, you should delete the entire thorui directory and pull a fresh set of files in a time like this (unless you happen to know the file name(s) you no longer want to utilize).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 03-28-2007, 08:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Default notes/classes

Had a quick question on the notes button in the eq button cluster. when i push it nothing happens. do i have to set it up somehow first?

Also on the group window is there anyway to always show class and level of group members without a mouseover?

keep up the great work best ui out there
Unread 04-02-2007, 06:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Bobble Heads

Since I loaded the Thorui, all characters and NPCs look like bobble heads, is there a way to fix this? It looks entirely too wacky and it is tough to target things in battle. Thanks.
Unread 04-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

That is SOE's idea of an April fools event
It's not related to the thorui in any way.

type /cutemode after entering game and it will toggle SOE's fun
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 04-02-2007, 01:56 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl
That is SOE's idea of an April fools event
It's not related to the thorui in any way.

type /cutemode after entering game and it will toggle SOE's fun
Sorry to bother you, I just happened to download and install the UI when they decided to get cute. Not funny.
Unread 04-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

hehe no trouble
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 05-01-2007, 10:46 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen
Talking skin pack

Hello,
I'm have trouble with the new skin pack.I picked blue but when i logged on it was green.I went into the soe thorui folder deleted the skin and updated it was still green.I did this a few times and even picked a new color it stayed green.I even unchecked it to where there was no skin at all deleted it and logged in it was still green .I cant change or get rid of this green.When i am doing wrong I'm sure I'm messing it up somehow .Thanks for the help.
Unread 05-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I've been meaning to add instructions on how to uninstall the skinpacks to each Feature details page.
I'll try and do so within the week.

Until then, here's a how you do it...

1.) Ensure that you have deselected the skinpack feature you were using.
2.) Browse to "Sony\EverQuest II\UI\thorui\images" and delete the following files:
commonelements.dds
window_elements_generic.dds
window_elements_specific.dds
windowelements.dds
3.) Launch the ThorUI AU and either select another skin pack to download and let it pull the new files down or login.

That's it

If worse comes to worse you can just delete the entire thorui folder and let it pull everything down again.
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 05-01-2007, 07:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Blue not working

Hello Hun,
Thanks for helping me earlier this is what i have to report.
You first suggestion did not work for me,So i did the second it didn't work for me either but i messed around and this is what worked for me.I had to delete the whole Thor ui folder and deselected the skins update Thor again log into eq2 log out pick a skin reupdate thor and relog into eq2.I was able to get it to change to purple so i thought everything was ok ,so i redid it all again to get the light blue and ACK! its green .SO i think maybe the the blue is mislabeled? I can get purple but if i try blue its green.Ill check back to see if you understand my rambling.
Thanks for your help.
Jill
PS.Purple was the only other color i tried
Was getting frustrated
Unread 05-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

I'll double check the green/blue issue but I spent hours earlier logging in and pulling each one down to take screenshots and verify.

Note: The updater is "dumb" in the sense that once you pick a skin and try it and you wish to try another you should do the following:

1.) Select the one you wish to try in the Auto Updater

2.) Delete
commonelements.dds
window_elements_generic.dds
window_elements_specific.dds
windowelements.dds
from the thorui\images folder

3.) Relaunch the Auto Updater and let it pull the new skins down to your UI folder

4.) Log in game
Forums

Got Guild?

Unread 05-04-2007, 07:36 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Blue not working

Ok i was able to change the skin the was you said in your last post .
I think i may have forgot to delete one of the files when i was trying it befor ,I'm not for sure .
The blue is still green to me i have tried a few but not all of the colors and they seem to be working everything is ok but the Blue's .
Just wanted to let you know in case there is some kind of bug or something.