Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-29-2004, 07:26 PM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Talking Centhena's Tradeskill Mod - One Artisan's Dream

My first eq2 mod

You cand find it here!

I am stuck running at 1024 x768 for the time being and the default tradeskill window is just way too big bulky and space consuming on my screen. I like to be able to see my characters work and such if i'm so inclined. So I set to work to make a mod that would correct this problem. Apparently you can not have a window that is housed in a parent window take a different shape than the parent window without an enormous amount of complication and even then it's not perfect.

So even though I wanted the recipe window to remain exactly as it was i sacrificed it for the create\prepare window that i wanted. I think it turned out nicely. I hope you all do to.

So without further ado.....

The first shot is so you can get an idea of the actual size of the window...these are all taken in 1024 x 768 so those with better resolutions should have it appear smaller than in this shot.

The next 5 are all the different subwindows that pop up in this window. I've included each so you could see the layout since they all had to be changed to fit the new frame.

Now these aren't perfect there's some places where the graphics overlap or it's not centered exactly but they all work trouble free and have no non-cosmetic problems. I have aligned the Repeat and Begin buttons for easy clicking also. I plan to add an Examine button to the recipe window soon as I can figure out how.

I hope you like it but lemme know what you think any suggestions, feedback, ideas.

Centhena
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	artisansizeview.jpg
Views:	2432
Size:	270.0 KB
ID:	239  Click image for larger version

Name:	artisanrecipe.jpg
Views:	1302
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	240  Click image for larger version

Name:	artisanrecipefilter.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	241  Click image for larger version

Name:	artisanprepare.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	242  Click image for larger version

Name:	artisanchoose.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	243  

Click image for larger version

Name:	artisancreate.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	244  

Last edited by Centhena : 11-30-2004 at 11:06 AM.
Unread 11-29-2004, 11:06 PM
A Griffon

Server: Test

The file eq2ui_tradeskills.xml should be all you need unless you also have custom graphics.

Eeek thats way to small of a recpie list for me to use Good work changing it all though. I had started a slimmer mod for Streamline but I just couldn't be happy with it all being so small I'm sure there are those who will love this though. To each his own
Unread 11-29-2004, 11:30 PM
A Sea Turtle

yeah i know i wish that it was bigger too but if you use the filter feature which i've started doing now since the list box is so much smaller.... it's kinda forced me to use it.... but now that i have been using it i LOVE it hehe with allmy stuff presorted i don't really need much more space.... i'm sure i probably will as i get more recipies i'm only 11 so far in craftsman after all...maybe i'll shrink the icon and the text so that you can see more in the box... hmm dunno....

are you sure that's all the files i need cause when i saved it to my directory it put all these files in there with it..... so i wasn't sure if i needed all of them or just one or two files? there's 5 window bodies and 1 frame so i'm not really sure...

Cen
Unread 11-29-2004, 11:40 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

that should be all you need since tradeskill is all one window it just hides and shows the different parts of it.
Unread 11-30-2004, 12:10 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I have been wanting something small for my tradeskill boxes, I hate them taking up so much of my screen.

I can't wait to have these downloaded to use
Unread 11-30-2004, 12:52 AM
A Sea Turtle

k i'll zip it up and get it uploaded
Unread 11-30-2004, 01:09 AM
A Sea Turtle

k done but the images didn't seem to be working so i hope it worked.... i'll check it later and see
Unread 11-30-2004, 04:02 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Maybe it takes time for the file to show but I don't see a zip file anywhere from you
Unread 11-30-2004, 10:59 AM
A Sea Turtle

you have to wait for it to go through moderation before you see it up.... it's gone through now but i just went and put in more screenshots and changed the description text so i know it's there and working enjoy

Cen
Unread 11-30-2004, 01:13 PM
A Coastal Crab

Looks great!
How the hell do you use it??
Please provide this dumbass directions =)
Unread 11-30-2004, 01:35 PM
A Sea Turtle

These guys can explain installation better than I.

Installation instructions

Good Luck let me know if you're having problems still.

Cen
Unread 12-01-2004, 08:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Beta 1

OMG you're my hero!

I don't use the recipe window much anyways coz I got sick of scrolling through a million alchemy recipes I don't use so I've been putting my favorites in hotbars (you can drag em across)

This ui is perfect for the actual combine process part and I love it!

Thanks!
Unread 12-01-2004, 10:19 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Thanks for making this I just really started crafting finally and hadn't since beta so this is a great change for me and I don't feel like my window is taken up but all the bulkiness of the origanl artisan windows.
Unread 12-01-2004, 09:48 PM
A Sea Turtle

you're welcome hehe I'm glad you guys like it.
Unread 12-03-2004, 03:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default long tradeskill book names

There are some long book names that are cut off in the filtering window. Your mod shows a lot more of these long names, which is really great, but still cuts them off.

Suggest changing the font on it to make it smaller or moving the buttons to the left to make the scrolled portions bigger.
Unread 12-03-2004, 04:23 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

I chunked this togeather, needs some work but see if you think its small enough.
You need a font folder and the font.xml all are in the zip.

http://cmc.dns2go.com/trade.zip
Unread 12-04-2004, 02:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default smaller fonts

That didn't quite work Malnedra. I assume the font folder is copied into the custom skin folder as a folder or just the file inside? It also changed the window to something like the default window, the vertical arrangement, instead of Centhena's.
Unread 01-12-2005, 11:03 PM
A Sea Turtle

just a quick fyi i appreciate any work that others do to try an improve any mods i make but please be warned that if it isn't posted by me it's not an official update and I can not help correct it if something goes wrong.

Centhena
Unread 01-15-2005, 08:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Lucan DLere

Is the recipe window resizeable? In length, mainly? If so, you just got another fan. If not, is it possible to put that in?
Unread 01-22-2005, 01:17 PM
A Sea Turtle

it is presently not resizable. Making it resizable would require me to make the whole thing resizable and if you change the size of one it changes them all. All of the recipe book windows are linked by one main window. It could be done but I'd find it all together frustrating having to size and resize all the time.Centhena
Unread 01-24-2005, 05:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

This is awesome , ive had it for a while and never realized where credit was due. Thank you so much for making this mod. Very helpful , allows me to see so much more of my cluttered screen.

Kudos!
Unread 01-24-2005, 06:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Slim is good. I HATE how bulky the out-of-the-box UI is. Only one suggestion on yours ...

When I am trade skilling I want all clickable buttons to be as close to eachother as possible. What I am refering to is things like "begin", etc. being close to the buff bar. I also want my icons that come up to be close to the buff bar as well. And like you, I keep my buff bar on the bottom. But unfortunately your icons and buttons seem to be on the top of the tradeskill window. Would be nice if that could be changed.

Just my 2copper,
Incogneto Manaburner
37 Conjuror of Grobb
Unread 01-27-2005, 10:46 AM
A Sea Turtle

to be quite honest i don't plan to move the buttons... sorry. I make mods for myself to the layout i prefer and share them for anyone who wants them to use. I used to take special requests for my ui for eq1 and made many variations to many of the windows in my ui for users in an attempt to keep everyone happy. As of right now that is a poilcy that I con't plan to bring to eq2. I simply don't have the time. My users would even then have to wait for months sometimes before they got those updates and i'd feel bad if i couldn't get them out right away. I'm a mother of 4, 2 in primary school, and 2 toddlers. When my youngest was still an infant and my 2 year old wasn't... well... 2. I had more time to do these things. But the more capable they become the more i have to chase them and the less time i have.

If i make changes to this window and I plan to eventually. I will post them and update this thread accordingly. I actually have been inspired by a few mods i've seen to put together a few more mods. Please don't take this post as a stop posting feedback, because that's not what i mean at all. I appreciate all feedback and encourage you to tell me what you'd rather have and what you'd like cause maybe i'll like it too and change it. But please understand that if i don't choose it for myself that I won't be implementing it here. At least not at this time. I may start taking requests again but definatly not anytime soon. Anyway not trying to disappoint just wanted to make sure i let ya know. Hope this post makes sense i've only had a couple hours sleep hehe.

Centhena
Unread 07-22-2005, 10:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Centhena,

Great MOD! Thanks for making it.

Any plans to update it with the Recipe button? I noticed it on the Test server and it allows you to go straight to the recipe page without hitting Repeat & Cancel.

Thanks.

Agrontis, Ranger of Guk
Unread 05-20-2006, 10:28 PM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Crushbone

Just dl'd and tested this, works great! I can actually see things besides my crafting window!

Only one thing I'd like to see - default ts window now allows you to filter recipes using keywords. Any chance of that being added to this?

Even if it's not, I'll still be using this. There's SPACE!

Last edited by Lodrelhai : 05-21-2006 at 05:04 AM.