Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 03-18-2005, 12:21 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Kosmo's Tracking Window v2.0

Submitted for Release.
Kosmos Tracking Window v2.0

The purpose of this mod was to creata tracking window that was small as possible, yet was still easily read, and could be left open without disturbing game immersion.

All non-essential elements of the window now have been removed, or have been given the ability to be made transparent.

The Text names in the window resize between a 12 point font size,a and a 15 point font size when the mouse is over the window.

This leaves only the text:
- Names
- Con-filter Checkboxes
- Filter Dropdown Button
- Sort Bar
- Track Arrow Button

If the window is configured with the Title and Frames (Off) the window can be cancled with the 'ESC' key.

To track a mod, click the Track Arrow Button that points to the Right at on the top right corner of the window.

The filters work the same as they do on the starndad window. Just expaned the + Button to access the filter information.

3/20/2005
Updated: Added back in a feature to sort the list, also changed font to Arial14 and have an Add-On that can be used instead if you prefer the ArialBold15 Font. Made some costmetic adjustments.

3/23/2005
I did it. I created an Auto-Resize Tracking Window!!!
Switches from 12Point Font to 15Point Font on mouse over.

Thanks to SOEBobble for the resent post he made on the different type of fonts.

Next Project.. Kosmo's Chat for the Blind. A Chat Window that the text grows when you are typing in it, or mouse-over! Wish me luck.

The Tracking Wnidow can be dowloaded HERE
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KosmosTrackingWindow2.jpg
Views:	1176
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	2045  Click image for larger version

Name:	KosmosTrackingWindow3.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	2046  

Last edited by Kosmos : 03-25-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Unread 03-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Your UI screen shots always make me smile Kosmos.
Unread 03-18-2005, 01:24 AM
A Griffon

aWWW. sHUCKS!

I try to put some personality behind them, besides just the MOD.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kosmos : 03-18-2005 at 01:27 AM.
Unread 03-20-2005, 04:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Hello there Kosmo,

I have a couple of problems with your MOD or else I've completely messed up the install. Your Tracking mod is the first custom UI I've ever tried to use with EQ2, so I could have very well messed up.

Anyways, here it is,

1. I can't sort my tracking list with your UI.

2. After the install, I cannot see buffs others put on me, the food and drink Icon nor the Posion Icon. I DO see self buffs.

3. Debuffs that I apply to a target appears in MY buff window.

4. Since then I've deleted the INI file and CUSTOM folder, and still am having the same problems.

I downloaded and setup your mod right before Saturdays patch, so I'm not sure whats going on.

Any suggestions?

P.S.

The mod was great otherwise! And if we can figure out why MY debuffs on a target are appearing in my buff window, that might make a good mod too!

Last edited by Zozas : 03-20-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Unread 03-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zozas
{snip}
1. I can't sort my tracking list with your UI.
That's by-design. If you notice, the table header (Name sort clickie) has been removed.

Quote:
2. After the install, I cannot see buffs others put on me, the food and drink Icon nor the Posion Icon. I DO see self buffs.

3. Debuffs that I apply to a target appears in MY buff window.
Sounds like you're looking at your maintained window, not your effects window. Make sure both are open. (ALT-M and ALT-E to toggle their status)

Quote:
4. Since then I've deleted the INI file and CUSTOM folder, and still am having the same problems.
{snip}
Looking at maintained rather than effects would explain this as well.
Unread 03-20-2005, 04:50 PM
A Griffon

The update now has a 2pixel underline bar that when clicked sorts the name list as it did before.

The other problems you were having, perhaps you have covered up or turned off another window on accident?

This particular UI is only one file eq2ui_mainhud_tracking.xml

so it shouldn't affect any other mods.

At least that I am aweare of, but PLEASE keep me posted if you get it sorted as it might indicate a bug.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
Unread 03-20-2005, 05:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'll definately check it out, it sounds like Ger hit the nail on the head. I did not know we had a "maintained" spell window. ]

Thanks for the info
Unread 03-28-2005, 04:42 PM
A Griffon

If anyone is following this thread, I would like to know if you would find it useful to have a set of small buttons that change to various fonts for the static window?

Perhaps 5 buttons and 5 different fonts?

Or perhaps work something into the window that would let you set the font for the 'normal' state but leave the mouse over size alone?

Is everyone happy with the font size when it's reduced, or do you want it smaller or larger?

Is the Auto-Resize feature nice? or do you prefer the static sized window?

From the amount of downloads it seems people prefer the resizing window?
Unread 04-03-2005, 12:55 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmos
Is everyone happy with the font size when it's reduced, or do you want it smaller or larger?

Is the Auto-Resize feature nice? or do you prefer the static sized window?

From the amount of downloads it seems people prefer the resizing window?
Hi Kosmos.

1st.: Thanks a lot for this very nice feature, I love it

BUT.: Try yourself to read the text at 1600 x 1200 screen resolution - it is impossible - that counts for both the small and the mouseover enlarged text, I dont think it is the size that is the problem, I belive it could be solved by using another font - but, How to change that in the Auto-resize version ???

Sincerely yours
Naeiana
Woodelf Ranger on Spiltpaw
Unread 04-03-2005, 02:15 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naeiana
Hi Kosmos.

1st.: Thanks a lot for this very nice feature, I love it

BUT.: Try yourself to read the text at 1600 x 1200 screen resolution - it is impossible - that counts for both the small and the mouseover enlarged text, I dont think it is the size that is the problem, I belive it could be solved by using another font - but, How to change that in the Auto-resize version ???

Sincerely yours
Naeiana
Woodelf Ranger on Spiltpaw

I do play in 1600x1200 resolution. I also have really good eyes and can read it just fine.

Couple of things that may help you. Keep a semi transparent or black background behind the text. those settings are all controlled by the normal windows background settings.

I appreciate the input. I may tweak this window in the future a bit.
I've got A LOT on my plate at work now, (and for 6weeks to come) so it doens't look like I'm going to get alot of mod time.
If you download the static window and search this tread there is a post by me that shows how to change the font size for it. to whatever you want.

In the future I'm try out some various versions with fonts that use shadowstyles if If I can. I want to try putting a black shadow on the font, so that its easy to read, but doesn require the entire background to be semi transparent.
I'll probably also try including a few new buttons that will allow you to adjust the font size larger or smaler, but I've yet to figure out how I'll do that.

Like I said just not enough time.

My emote window is calling to me badly for an overhaul!
Unread 04-18-2005, 12:26 PM
A Griffon

Hey Kosmos,

I use your tracking window and it's just about perfect as far as I'm concerned. I did have an idea over the weekend though that might improve it slightly.

Currently, there is an issue when you go to actually track a mob that the selection highlite will move due to the font resizing and you'll end up tracking a different mob than you had intended.

Would it be possible to add a very short delay (I think 2 seconds would do it - maybe 3) before the font shrinks again? This would ensure that the selection you just made doesn't jump and you always get the mob you had intended.
Unread 04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange
Hey Kosmos,

I use your tracking window and it's just about perfect as far as I'm concerned. I did have an idea over the weekend though that might improve it slightly.

Currently, there is an issue when you go to actually track a mob that the selection highlite will move due to the font resizing and you'll end up tracking a different mob than you had intended.

Would it be possible to add a very short delay (I think 2 seconds would do it - maybe 3) before the font shrinks again? This would ensure that the selection you just made doesn't jump and you always get the mob you had intended.

That is really interesting, I have used this mod ALOT, and I have not encountered that problem. The Selection should stick and never move, the 'text' size has nothing to do with the selection. The cell size and text size re-size together, so as far as I know there is no way that once a selection is made, it would get er.. bumped to another selection.

If I can get the time tonight I'll try and get mine to do what you are saying so I can understand the problem better, and see if I can find a work around.

I wouldn't expect an update any time soon though my plate is REALLY full right now with 'real life' stuff. I've got a whole mess of projects I would like to work on with UI mods, not to mention things I want to complete in game.
Just not enough time.

Thanks for the feedback by they way.
Unread 04-18-2005, 04:40 PM
A Griffon

NP. Thanks for making the thing

Actually, though, this happens pretty frequently for me.

Specifically - I dock the window on the left. I'll mouse over to the window to pop the larger version, click on a target and then start mousing up to the arrow to track. If I hover too long over one of the other names, it will highlite that mob instead. To get around this I've taken to clicking the mob I want, mousing to the right, off the window until the font size drops again and then carefully moving my mouse up and over so as to get my cursor right over the arrow icon before the size pops again.
Unread 05-27-2005, 10:24 AM
A Griffon

Modifications have been made to the tracking window.
Looking at the file compare created by Dolby, it doesn't look like it is much of a change.

I no longer have access to the game for testing or modificiations, so this will have to be done by someone else. Not sure which NPC's they are talking about.
Perhaps Red, and epic mobs can now be tracked.

- The tracking window will now list certain NPCs that were not shown before.
Unread 10-09-2005, 12:05 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default EQ2MAP and Kosmo's Tracking

Hello,
I am having trouble trying to have both EQ2MAP and this Kosmo Tracking mod to work at the same time. It seems enabling the tracking window mod disables EQ2MAP.
My eq2.ini file is listed as follow:

r_aa_blit 1
cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir UI/
cl_ui_skinname Trackw
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Any advice?
Thanks
Unread 10-11-2005, 12:00 PM
A Griffon

Default Yes, I'm still alive!

Hey people what's up! Just thought this would be a good time to say Hi.
Basically I'm back in school, working my arse off learning C#, ASP.NET, XML Web Services, SQL Server 2000, ADO.NET, etc...etc..etc.. and my mind is blowing up. Anyway, just though I would say Hi.

timbert3 it's been a while since I've even looked at any EQ2 Interface code.. so my advice may be a little off, but I believe you can only have one sub directory for interfaces still. I know I had mine working with EQ2Map while I was still playing, and my girfriend still plays and she still has no problems with any of Kosmo's Mods.

I guess I did an ok job of coding them so they wouldn't break, as far as I know they all still work after all this time, and patches. Yeah me.

Maybe someone else can help you on on this problem, I'm just too long out of the loop on this one.
Unread 11-17-2005, 06:04 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unrest

Any chance at all of getting a version of this with a slide bar on the side for scrolling up and down the list quicker?
Unread 11-17-2005, 08:47 AM
A Brown Bear

I just want to confirm it still works with the map tool. This is the best tracking mod imho and i am using it to this day and it works great with the map tool or any other mod.
Unread 01-24-2007, 01:38 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Question

Ok I use Eq maps and it has this line in my .ini file
cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir UI/
and obviously when I replace it with cl_ui_skinname Track the map doesnt work so how do i make them both work together tried just putting the track line in as well but only one works. Thanks in advance for the help!
Unread 01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdunWulf
Ok I use Eq maps and it has this line in my .ini file
cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir UI/
and obviously when I replace it with cl_ui_skinname Track the map doesnt work so how do i make them both work together tried just putting the track line in as well but only one works. Thanks in advance for the help!
Put both files in the same folder.
Unread 08-11-2007, 07:14 PM
A Griffon

Default KosmosTrackingWindow2.1 Pending

v2.1 Pending, adds in the name filter function.