EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk
Default TS Window Suggestions

I love profit, but I do not like the crafting interface because of a few small things, but enough to make me not use it.
I use this mod http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4159

It has a few features that I would love to see in profit if possible, for instance:

Make clicking on any part of the crafting window cause focus to be on the crafting again, right now in profit I have to actually click on a TS reaction to regain focus, this other mod allowed any click on the crafting window to shift focus to it. Also hitting enter to repeat loses focus which didn't happen with this other mod I used.

Position the Begin, Repeat and Stop buttons all in the same location in each window, right now they are in different places and need mouse moves to click on repeat/begin/stop after the prior click. Better to have one spot to use a mouse click on.

I love profit but I craft a lot and these things in the crafting window have really put a damper on the ease of use for crafting, any changes you could make would be greatly appreciated.

<3
Unread 03-08-2011, 07:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

My understanding of the crafting focus issue is that it is do to the side by side recipe menu option. I have not really explored it because it has never really bother me. As for repositioning buttons...I generally won't do that unless it is in a variant because several thousand people use profit and they like it the way it is or at least they are used to the way it is. I don't feel like it is my Ui, more like it is all of those peoples as well as mine so I don't want to effectively force a change on people unless it is absolutely necessary.

The best alternative would be to use a standalone tradeskill window with profit...then you get the best of both worlds. I have made a mini tradeskill window for profit but have not released it yet. It will not have the side by side recipe option like the other windows and does have the buttons in the same location so you might try that variant when I release it.

Silat
Unread 03-08-2011, 11:49 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

I don't know how that other mod makes it clickable anywhere for focus and still have the recipe list showing, but it did and I loved it. I wouldn't want to do writs without either feature.

Thanks for responding, I will look for a mod that is functional for DoV and has everything that the old one had.
Unread 03-14-2011, 02:09 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

My experience is simply that the two-pane window requires clicking on a reaction button and the one-pane window does not. Seems to have everything to do with how the windows handle pressing the ENTER key. I craft a lot, mostly writs, and I use the single-pane window because I can just hit ENTER twice to start the next repeat of the current recipe. As long as ENTER is the only key I press, focus stays on the reaction buttons. This saves enough time to more than make up for the time spent going back to the recipe pane to pick the next recipe.

-= Therendil =-
Unread 03-15-2011, 05:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

I miss Z Tradeskill window soo much. It's a broken masterpiece I used for YEARS til this expansion. I used to love being able to resize it to have two banks of reactions 1,2,3 durability ontop of the 4,5,6 progress arts. And the Recipe window resized along with it, shortening names and such but who needs the whole name while doing writs, just made searching and "queing up" the next recipe easier. I've had a lot of missed reactions trying to get used to a non Z Tradeskill window that's for sure haha

I'm now using the new compact Profit one and it's a great fit despite not having the recipe window up at the same time. I do wish the devs would just break that off though.

Thanks a ton for the new window, it's the most comfortable one to work with amoung all the options out now =)
Unread 03-17-2011, 11:12 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therendil View Post
My experience is simply that the two-pane window requires clicking on a reaction button and the one-pane window does not. Seems to have everything to do with how the windows handle pressing the ENTER key. I craft a lot, mostly writs, and I use the single-pane window because I can just hit ENTER twice to start the next repeat of the current recipe. As long as ENTER is the only key I press, focus stays on the reaction buttons. This saves enough time to more than make up for the time spent going back to the recipe pane to pick the next recipe.

-= Therendil =-
And yet that other TS mod did exactly that, had both the recipe pane and the crafting pane while still allowing it to maintain focus when hitting enter to repeat & begin, as well as letting any click anywhere on the ui return focus to the reactions, no need to click on the actual reaction icon to return focus to them.

Z tradeskill window was by far the best mod for tradeskilling, grinding out writs (and arrows/shurikens/etc) was a breeze, only now that it is no longer working do I realize how lucky I was to have it for so many years.

Hopefully someone will fix the Z one one day, it is beyond my skill set to do it.
Unread 03-18-2011, 06:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost
Default Try this one out

I am using the TS window from DrumsUI and it seems to do all the things that you are asking the TS window to do. You should give it a try.
Unread 03-22-2011, 02:44 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozier View Post
I am using the TS window from DrumsUI and it seems to do all the things that you are asking the TS window to do. You should give it a try.
Thanks, I have been using it for a few days now and although is isn't nearly as nice as the Z tradeskill ui, it does have focus retention which I love.

Glad to see someone else could do it.

Thank you again for the drums mod