EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-17-2011, 01:59 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Conjuror pet window

Greetings -

I recently returned to the game after a long layoff. I just installed Profit, and I want to thank you for a great Mod!

Full disclosure - I'm neither an end game vet, nor a highly technical gamer - so apologies for what might be a dumb question.

I'm having trouble targeting my pet when I play my Conj. With the default UI, when soloing I target mobs through my pet. That is to say I pick a target, send the pet to attack, and target through it to nuke. I do this by actually clicking on the pet window. I find this useful in particular when fighting multiple encounters...the first group dies, so I click on the pet to target who the pet has targetted.

In Profit, I have a hard time doing this because it seems that clicking anywhere on the pet window opens a text field at the top of the window to rename the pet. So in other words, I click the pet window and instead of getting the pet as a target and the pet's implied target, I get a cursor in the top field of the pet window.

I've looked through options and played around with the window settings, but can't seem to disable this or change it. I'm sure I'm missing something - any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Unread 03-17-2011, 03:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

I'll take a look at it.

Silat
Unread 03-18-2011, 01:29 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Antonia Bayle

open the pets window's setting window (right click)
in it set the frame and title to "Frame only" and set both Opacity bar to the right
this will give u the pet window title bar which by clicking it will target u'r pet every time
Unread 03-23-2011, 10:27 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I believe there's a much easier way to do this. I always target through my pet and simply press F1 twice to do it. The first press selects yourself. The second selects the pet. As a general rule, I never click to do something when a keypress will do the same thing. That's probably just me, but I do find it much more reliable.

-= Therendil =-