EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 12-05-2005, 02:17 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Ok, it loads into the UI now, thanks!

Little problem, the XP bar will only move up, you can't minimise it other than to hide the tradeskill xp, and there isn't a way to move it around on the screen atm.
Unread 12-05-2005, 02:19 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Not entirely sure what your saying. The adventure exp bar is alwats up, theres no way to completely eliminate ALL gauges, just the two optional ones. You should be able to click and drag the from the center of the gauge IIRC.
Take a look and give feedback!
Unread 12-05-2005, 02:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Kk got to set it all up just a few things I noticed, about the XP bar, you cant move it around the screen, have to take it up to the top completely open before your able to move it lower on the screen, otherwise it only moves up. and also the tradeskill xp bar, when minimised, the top of your profession name (outiftter) still shows just a bit and under the frame box. Guild xp bar it not hideable for me.

The journal window is sizeable, but only the info box moves, the frame doees not, no biggie for me, the smaller size is ok for me.

Inventory window, socking will not hold where you lock it, if you set it to a certain palce lock it then close and open it it goes back to default location, and also, the weight your carrying does not fully show (again, no big problem for me). Also, is there any way to make this somewhat sizeable like the Hot Keys are? If not, no big deal.

Skills window, the icons are blacked out, but also, no matter to me, cause the icons mean nothing really lol.

Lastly, the spell effects on target and target's target aren't showing when the window is fully expanded and the box is checked to show them.

Other than that, everything worked fine and I had no problems using the UI Thanks for your help with it, and nice work!
Unread 12-05-2005, 04:40 PM
A Griffon

Ok well this is very odd. Some of what you've reported I can confirm, but most of it I am not seeing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
Kk got to set it all up just a few things I noticed, about the XP bar, you cant move it around the screen, have to take it up to the top completely open before your able to move it lower on the screen, otherwise it only moves up. and also the tradeskill xp bar, when minimised, the top of your profession name (outiftter) still shows just a bit and under the frame box. Guild xp bar it not hideable for me.
The EXP bar moves fine for me all over the screen. I erroneously said you drag it by the gauge though when in fact you drag it by the player class label. I can also resize the window properly horizontally to hide the guild. The issues with Tradeskill title showing I CAN confirm and will get that fixed.

Quote:
The journal window is sizeable, but only the info box moves, the frame doees not, no biggie for me, the smaller size is ok for me.
I can confirm this bug. Its kind of neat actually but defintnly not intended.

Quote:
Inventory window, socking will not hold where you lock it, if you set it to a certain palce lock it then close and open it it goes back to default location, and also, the weight your carrying does not fully show (again, no big problem for me). Also, is there any way to make this somewhat sizeable like the Hot Keys are? If not, no big deal.
Ok another one I can't seem to confirm. Can you list a series of steps that reproduces the problem? I tried docking and undocking, hiding and unhiding, moving all over, etc and it all worked fine for me

As for sizes. I could possibly include an alternate version with larger slots. Is that what you were wanting? Larger slots?

Quote:
Skills window, the icons are blacked out, but also, no matter to me, cause the icons mean nothing really lol.
Confirmed broken.

Quote:
Lastly, the spell effects on target and target's target aren't showing when the window is fully expanded and the box is checked to show them.
Ok another one that works fine for me Make sure you do not manually resize the windows, not sure if that will mess it up or not. They should stay at thier minimux size and just let them expand automaticly. The button might have gotten out of synch, did you try toggling it a few times? Are you SURE the target had effects that would show up? The way I test it is to put some effects on me, like a stance, then target myself.

Thanks for the comments bug reports. Iwish I could see all that you see so I can fix them, but most of this seems to be working properly for me But some of your problems I defintly found myself so I can work on fixing those.
Unread 12-05-2005, 04:44 PM
A Griffon

Oh and on the weight in inventory, that should NOT be shown when the window is docked. Are you seeing it partially cutoff? You shouldn't see it at all.
Unread 12-05-2005, 04:48 PM
A Griffon

I MIGHT know what you are doing wrong that could be causing the inventory dock to not position properly. Are you docking it, then moving the docked window? If so thats NOT how you should position it. Unfortunately to make this feature work requires the use of a dummy positional window and you need to move that instead. To set the location of the dock, click the ound button on the inventory window, 2nd from the left on the bottom. That will open a blank window with nothing on it but a similiar button. Move that window to where you want the inventory to dock to, then press the round button on that dummy window to hide it. Now when you dock the inventory window it will go to where you placed that dummy window. Moving the docked inventory ITSELF will not work properly as the dummy window doesn't get updated.
Unread 12-05-2005, 05:01 PM
A Griffon

Ok all of the bugs reported up to this point that I was able to confirm are fixed and will be in the next release.
Unread 12-05-2005, 05:22 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

well just had a mammoth day of EQ with the beta2 and the new startbutton (which i think is great) and so far no problems at all. really enjoying the UI it definately suits me more than any other i've tried, and i've tried a lot.
Unread 12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd
well just had a mammoth day of EQ with the beta2 and the new startbutton (which i think is great) and so far no problems at all. really enjoying the UI it definately suits me more than any other i've tried, and i've tried a lot.
Great! Glad to hear that
Unread 12-05-2005, 06:15 PM
A Griffon

Alternate player windows with Red health bar instead of the default color changing green.
Unread 12-05-2005, 07:31 PM
A Griffon

For the heck of it, since it was easy, I decided to make 2 more alternate version of the player window. These are compact windows, which basiclly removes the whole name/infoblock off the top making the window much more compact. There is a normal green health version and a red health version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Player_Compact.zip (1.7 KB, 239 views)
File Type: zip Player_Compact_RedHealth.zip (1.7 KB, 235 views)
Unread 12-05-2005, 07:59 PM
A Griffon

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
For the heck of it, since it was easy, I decided to make 2 more alternate version of the player window. These are compact windows, which basiclly removes the whole name/infoblock off the top making the window much more compact. There is a normal green health version and a red health version.
you know Agathorn, you can set the healthbar to be constantly red within the options window..
Unread 12-05-2005, 08:20 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Taleisin The Seer
you know Agathorn, you can set the healthbar to be constantly red within the options window..
Roflmao.. seriously?
Unread 12-05-2005, 08:26 PM
A Griffon

Well i'll be.. yeah you can actually set the colors up to whatever you wish in the Game Colors options.. Can set it to red or purple or whatevr, and can even set it in ranges.

lol, well guess theres no need for those RedHealth style windows.
Unread 12-05-2005, 08:29 PM
A Griffon

Server: The Bazaar

Quote:
Well i'll be.. yeah you can actually set the colors up to whatever you wish in the Game Colors options.. Can set it to red or purple or whatevr, and can even set it in ranges.

lol, well guess theres no need for those RedHealth style windows.
sorry for smishing your idea :-)
Unread 12-05-2005, 08:32 PM
A Griffon

lol don't be sorry. I only made them because someone wanted red health bars, and I didin't realize you could set it like that in options
Unread 12-06-2005, 11:21 AM
A Griffon

Thought i'd share a quick screen of my current work in progress on Stat Strips, and explain the thinking behind the design.

The biggest problem with stat strips is they are custom windows (usually anyway, there is a way to do them using existing windows but for reasons i'll explain later it has its own problems). Because of that they don't get displayed automaticly by the game upon login and can't be tied to a key shortcut (other than wasting a hotkey slot). Now it IS possible to make a stat strip and either attach it to a standard window so it shows up on login, or have a standard window push it up upon login. But the problem with this is it typically works best if you only have 1 maybe 2 stat strips. Which in my mind presents another problem...Not everyone wants every stat on a strip. One important aspect of Serenity is flexability. I'm not trying to knock any of the existing stat strips, but most of them are pretty much all or nothing. I didin't want that. In the end my problem was thus: How do I provide an easy mechanism to show/hide stat strips yet at the same time break them up into chunks of stats so that individual chunks can be either on or off.

This is what I came up with and I don't know if anyone will like it or not, but so far it seems to be working well for me in trials. The startbutton has been added to so that it can server as a sort of control panel for the stat strips. On the top right of the startbutton window is a small button which expands or contracts the button to show/hide this control panel. Inside the control panel is a series of checkboxes to allow quick and easy toggling of the various stat panels. The panels themselves have been broken down into small chunks so you can only show the ones you want. The stat panels have two modes to them, horizontal and vertical arrangement. The small button in the upper right toggles the two layouts. In horizontal layout they all have the same height so they arrange nicely. In vertical layout they all have the same width again so they arrange nicely.

End result is that when you first log in, it will only take you a couple mouse clicks to get all the panels you want up and ready to go then your set. It also gives you the ability to add or remove certain stat strips during your play session as circumstances dictate. Something that auto show stat strips could never give you.

Anyway as they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go.. a quickie shot from uibuilder. The stat strips are shown in horizontal layout and the startbutton control panel is open. When closed the startbutton is no bigger than previously seen with the 4 shortcut buttons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	statstrips_wip.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	4269  
Unread 12-06-2005, 12:18 PM
A Griffon

Couple of ingame shots of the bars and just a quickie layout of all the windows that seemed nice at the time

The vertical layout of the stat bars looks like it needs some work still lol. Fugly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000039.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	4270  Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000040.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	4271  
Unread 12-06-2005, 02:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Ok another one I can't seem to confirm. Can you list a series of steps that reproduces the problem? I tried docking and undocking, hiding and unhiding, moving all over, etc and it all worked fine for me

As for sizes. I could possibly include an alternate version with larger slots. Is that what you were wanting? Larger slots?
The smaller window (dock) when I set it to a certain place on my screen, and lock it there, open it fully then close it completely then reopen it, is in the original spot and not the place I locked it to, however it is locked in the orig location. That happened with just the docked window, the inventory window stayed put.

As for the inventory slots, yes slightly larger. Spells I can go very tiny with, but items I can't always just glance at and know what it is

Quote:
Ok another one that works fine for me Make sure you do not manually resize the windows, not sure if that will mess it up or not. They should stay at thier minimux size and just let them expand automaticly. The button might have gotten out of synch, did you try toggling it a few times? Are you SURE the target had effects that would show up? The way I test it is to put some effects on me, like a stance, then target myself.
I left these the original size, and tried checking and unchecking the boxes a few times, and had a Guild member in group with me, both of us buffed and did not see the buffs on him (target or target's target). Tried rebuffing etc, nothing worked. Also, on the HoTT, I noticed last night after some play time, that it did not show the mob, rather it showed like the tank was targeting himself, however it did have the correct information on the target (lvl, ^, ^^, aggro, non aggro etc..) only the name was wrong. Tested that on a few group members all the same, as if they were targeting themselves.

Playing with the UI is very easy and doesn't clutter up my screen with lots of unneeded junk, nice work! =)
Unread 12-06-2005, 02:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention that I noticed while playing last night, its really just cosmetic I think..

In Persona the Factions screen, the numerical list for the factions and the name of the faction were over-lapping some.
Unread 12-06-2005, 08:12 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
The smaller window (dock) when I set it to a certain place on my screen, and lock it there, open it fully then close it completely then reopen it, is in the original spot and not the place I locked it to, however it is locked in the orig location. That happened with just the docked window, the inventory window stayed put.
It defintly sounds like you are using it wrong. It sounds like you are moving the actual inventory window when instead you should be moving the positional dock window. Click the 2nd button from the left on the bottom to open the "positional" window, which is just a dummy blank window. wherever you put that is where the inventory will dock to. You must set the position with that dummy window NOT with the inventory itself.

I know its confusing, and un-user friendly. Its the generally accepted way of doing this type of advanced feature. That said though, i've never been happy with how confusing it is for some people. I have some ideas on how I MIGHT be able to get around this, and i'll work on that tonight after I get home from work. Far as I know its never been done before but I THINK I might now how to do it No promise though.

As for the icon size yeah I had planned to make a larger version anyway.
Unread 12-06-2005, 09:42 PM
A Griffon

Ok I just got home and tested my idea to eliminate the dummy window thus making the whole inventory useage a lot less confusing and guess what.. it works! Whee So the next version of the inventory will be much more user friendly. Not sure when i'll release it, as I want to clean some things up but probably tonight.
Unread 12-06-2005, 11:27 PM
A Griffon

Well it appears I spoke to soon on this. Due to bugs in the EQ2 UI system, the position of the window doesn't properly save when modified by script so when you log out and back in it will be reset on you. Guess we're stuck with having to move a dummy window.
Unread 12-07-2005, 10:10 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
You must set the position with that dummy window NOT with the inventory itself.
Ah, ok that explains it
Unread 12-07-2005, 10:23 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
Ah, ok that explains it
I'm still working on trying to find a way around this as it is very confusing and not user friendly.. but there isn't any good solutions i'm afraid due to underlying issuesin the UI system that we have to work with.