EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-19-2007, 09:32 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default new puter cant get maps now

we got a new puter I downloaded and installed the programs but the maps dont show up. I was reading through the threads and noticed a post about where it went and this is the destination file i have right now C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II there was also some posts about deleting some files but I didnt understand it totally I am always doing things to our puter to screw it up so I am afraid to do too much without some advice. please help! I miss my maps!
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:33 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Do you have an eq2.ini file in your root EverQuest II directory? And if you do, do the contents of it look similar to the coding shown in this thread (instead of 'bobsui' yours should be EQ2Map or EQ2Maps (can't quite recall if it's plural or singular ))?

As long as this is in place, and of course the folder containing the map files is in your Everquest II/UI directory, things should work ('should' being the operative word ).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 09-27-2007, 06:57 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I dont see a file anywhere called EQ2.ini in the EQ 2 folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowProwler420 View Post
Do you have an eq2.ini file in your root EverQuest II directory? And if you do, do the contents of it look similar to the coding shown in this thread (instead of 'bobsui' yours should be EQ2Map or EQ2Maps (can't quite recall if it's plural or singular ))?

As long as this is in place, and of course the folder containing the map files is in your Everquest II/UI directory, things should work ('should' being the operative word ).
Unread 09-28-2007, 02:57 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

The map installer should have created a eq2.ini file. In the FAQ look at where it says "How to I make the eq2.ini and can you explain in more detail?" and make sure that "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked. (You don't need to create an eq2.ini file though.)

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 09-29-2007, 07:48 AM
A Forest Scavenger

ok, i found it. was looking for an actual folder (the yellow ones) i clicked on it and this is what is says

cl_ui_skinname EQ2MAP
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
The map installer should have created a eq2.ini file. In the FAQ look at where it says "How to I make the eq2.ini and can you explain in more detail?" and make sure that "Hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked. (You don't need to create an eq2.ini file though.)