EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 12-29-2004, 09:38 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

I was working on moding my target bar to combine some windows and add some things, so I had this same issue. Its actually amazingly simple. On the main page of the window change DynamicDataFilter to "0000". Now the window will stay up forever. You might have to hit ALT-T one time once you get in game to turn it on, but after that it won't go anywhere. (That might have just been my character's setup..it was an old character I tried it on)
Unread 12-29-2004, 03:01 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
I was working on moding my target bar to combine some windows and add some things, so I had this same issue. Its actually amazingly simple. On the main page of the window change DynamicDataFilter to "0000". Now the window will stay up forever. You might have to hit ALT-T one time once you get in game to turn it on, but after that it won't go anywhere. (That might have just been my character's setup..it was an old character I tried it on)
Agathorn Thanks! that did work I just had to hot alt T. lol could you come over HERE a sec I have something else to ask ya and dont want to hijack this thread any more than I have. Sorry Talyns
Unread 12-30-2004, 01:26 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslocum
i really love the gui but i have some problems with the numbers of Craft and Adventure Exp, you can see it in the attached file.

maybe this is broken because i use the quickarial mod within tablets?
any fix of this maybe?

The problem is with Ellyana's little mod and without
Yes the cause of the problem is The QuickArial Mod.. I use clever aligning and invisible windows to display those numbers with decimal points.. It is a combination of 3 labels and would have to be adjusted a little to work with arial.. In the next version I will make it so those numbers don't change style when you install the quick arial mod
Unread 12-30-2004, 01:37 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seos
This is how my UI is currently looking.

I created a new Pet Window, its a little big for now, but it will have to do.

Also altered the tracking window, and target and player window more to my likings.

The chat windows will only show when there is activity in them, or when i hover the mouse over them.

Also i removed the little black baground surrounding the text on the hotkeys, and set an opacity on the remaining text, so its not as intrusive.

I added my modifiications to Alone.zip, if that is okay With Talyns, you can use them just remember to give credit to Talyns.
I like your pet window.. I have plans for somthing like it.. If you want me to include it in the mods folder when you're done sizing it let me know.. I will stick it there..
Unread 12-30-2004, 01:45 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
To help contribute to this great mod, i've started filling in some gaps that the uathor just hasn't gotten to yet. For right now i've skinned the Socials window, and i'm going to PM it to Talyns.

There was one small problem I had with it -- when I FIRST started up the game and opened the socials window the tab pane was showing macros, but the emots button was selected. I selected macros then emotes and it all showed fine form that point on even if I closed the window and reopened it. So not sure what caused it but its so minor its not worth fussing about.
Quote:
Ok well I Guess you can't include file attachments in PMs so here is the modded socials window.
Quote:
I just finished reskinning the AWESOME Journal mod by dogvomit which I use. Really I don't see how anyone can use any other journal

Anyway i've reskinned it to fit in with TabletsII now. I'm attaching it here.
I was going to mod the journal like dogvomits.. Thanks for saving me the trouble.. It will be included as the Journal window in the next version.. The current journal window will go into the mods folder..
I will give credit to both of ya

I haven't gone near the socials window cause I believe there are changes happening to it on test server and was sposed to be pushed live with next patch, which has been prosponed until after Jan. 1..
Unread 12-30-2004, 02:00 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyana
Talyns, would it be possible to make a chat window where the chat Display section could be verticaly resizable? id like to be able to pull the chatdisplay box area down to cover the chatinput and channel boxes on my additional chat windows. i alway use one window for chat input and thought it would be nice to reclaim some of the display space in the othe windows.

Love the knowledge window!
Thats an awsome idea and might be possible but I don't know how much the client would like it.. Might be extremely buggy.. Will check it out..

Quote:
Talyns, I have a request. Im using a slightly moded version of your UI (love it)
and Id Like to have the Target windows frame and backdrop visible all the time. Can you help?

thanks
Quote:
Quote:
Agathorn Thanks! that did work I just had to hot alt T. lol could you come over HERE a sec I have something else to ask ya and dont want to hijack this thread any more than I have. Sorry Talyns
To make a window stop closing and opening automatically the correct way would be to minus 0001 from FFFF = FFFE and use that as the dynamic filter.. Although 0000 would have the same effect because it turns off all data updates

Edit: Forget the above comment because the default value for the target window is 0001 and 0001 - 0001 is 0000

Sorry don't know why the info and tier indicator stay up.. I can't even move the tier indicator.. It seems to be hardcoded

I like your "StatBars" smart workaround!..

Edit: I figured this out check your thread

Last edited by Talyns : 12-30-2004 at 03:29 AM.
Unread 12-30-2004, 02:11 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

The tier indicator and Solo/Group text stay visible because there's nothing telling them to do otherwise. Anything using DynamicData can use DynamicDataFilter to tell it whether to show or not. Anything that doesn't, stays visible/invisible unless it's a Page object that's controlled by set of Tabs or Checkboxes.

Unfortunately, since the Solo/Group text and the frame/background have the same parent page, anything that would hide the text will also hide the frame and background.

I was hoping the few scripting abilities that are given to us would help, but it turns out it can only do slash commands, and it's bugged with even that.

Edit: I was about to say that I am complete and utter newbie compared to Talyns in the "hardcoded-workarounds" arena, but I just saw that this post gave him a clue, yet I missed it. So my newbosity is complete, but not utter.

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 12-30-2004 at 05:24 AM.
Unread 12-30-2004, 02:47 AM
A Griffon

I have started working on a graphic set with more of a clean fantasy look to it for the people who don't like the clean techy look

edit: Should probably mention that the backdrops were made by Tom King and are available somewhere one the EQ1 website.. I just changed the shade a little bit :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eq2_000000.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	497  

Last edited by Talyns : 12-30-2004 at 05:22 AM.
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:10 AM
A Griffon

ooohh. /drool that looks awesome!

Darn you everytime I think i have my ui finalized you come out with something new and wonderful!

hehe great job
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:19 AM
A Griffon

Lol, Thanks.. Good news is everything is same size and place as other Graphic Set.. Shouldn't be too hard to bring in to your UI if you're using the from t_Styles.xml file from the latest beta
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:29 AM
aka Mook

Unfortunately I'm here with more bad news. Hopefully, Talyns will prove me wrong again.

Text objects aren't UserResizable, so we can't have that area be stretchable to cover the input bar. Moving either the ChatInput or the ChatDisplay to a sub-page stops it from working.
Unread 12-30-2004, 07:15 AM
A Griffon

Here is the latest version of my statbar(Startbutton) for Tablets2. Also, a compass with zone name.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001 (Large).jpg
Views:	267
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	502  
Attached Files
File Type: zip StartButton Statbar and Compass with zone name.zip (4.1 KB, 196 views)
Unread 12-30-2004, 09:16 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I LOVE the colors / look of this interface these are my comments that would make it absolutely perfect.

If you could somehow integrate the following mods :

2/3 hotbar
2/3 bags (very important !)
Inventory with stats (basically I+P in one nice window)
XP bar showing both ADV, Tradeskill, zone, debt

It would be perfect. Right now yours is the best looking but i have to go back to my old one as it is more "functional" ? Make sense ?
Unread 12-30-2004, 11:03 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
I haven't gone near the socials window cause I believe there are changes happening to it on test server and was sposed to be pushed live with next patch, which has been prosponed until after Jan. 1..
Well I play on test, so if there were changes then my skinning works for it
Unread 12-30-2004, 01:06 PM
aka Mook

It's just the Macro Edit window that's being changed, the Socials window itself is unchanged.
Unread 12-30-2004, 03:55 PM
A Griffon

Ahh yeah that window is changed. I've already reskinned that but didin't share it because its not live. I'll dig it out and put it up after lunch.
Unread 12-30-2004, 04:29 PM
A Griffon

Here is the new edit macro window that we have on test, all skinned up for Tablets II. The only "thing" about this is for the life of me I could not find any left/rigth arrows done up in the tablets style so they are left as default now. If there are some in there and i'm just blind let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_editmacro.zip (1.7 KB, 205 views)
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:10 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Edit: I was about to say that I am complete and utter newbie compared to Talyns in the "hardcoded-workarounds" arena, but I just saw that this post gave him a clue, yet I missed it. So my newbosity is complete, but not utter.
Yep you gave me a clue.. I read that message and said hmmm
I don't know about newby.. I would say we are both about apprentice III.. Still alot of stuff to explore and learn, for them to Fix, or Add..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Unfortunately I'm here with more bad news. Hopefully, Talyns will prove me wrong again.

Text objects aren't UserResizable, so we can't have that area be stretchable to cover the input bar. Moving either the ChatInput or the ChatDisplay to a sub-page stops it from working.
Yep, found that out..

It seems HardCoded got the best of me this time.. I thought I could feign death but he saw through it and slayed me anyway..

I made 2 effectors.. One to move the ChatInput Field when not in use to 0,-16 so it would move when not active/enabled and one to move it back to its original spot when it was.. I was gonna put the input at the top of the ChatOutputField.. But it doesn't move at all Also tried opacity effectors nothing..

So I guess it's a no go.. About all I can do is move the input so it's not visible in the window.. But it would change all windows..

Right before I stopped playing EQ1 they added an option to the chat window context menu to hide the scrollbar.. I requested they add an option for chat input field.. Don't know if it was ever added..
Anyway, these two features in eq2's chat options would be nice, gonna feedback it
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:15 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Here is the latest version of my statbar(Startbutton) for Tablets2. Also, a compass with zone name.
Cool

Do you mind if I put it in the mods folder?
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:23 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekl
I LOVE the colors / look of this interface these are my comments that would make it absolutely perfect.

If you could somehow integrate the following mods :

2/3 hotbar
2/3 bags (very important !)
Inventory with stats (basically I+P in one nice window)
XP bar showing both ADV, Tradeskill, zone, debt

It would be perfect. Right now yours is the best looking but i have to go back to my old one as it is more "functional" ? Make sense ?
The smaller hotkeys is in the mods folder..

All the rest I will get around too.. I have works in progress on the Inventory and XP Bars already.. On XP however zone won't be there..
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:24 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyns
Cool

Do you mind if I put it in the mods folder?
of course I dont mind! its mostly your work anyway

I used several frames to partition the info. It probably wouldve been better to create a graphic for that but I have no knowledge of how to work with graphics or code really. I just play around until it looks like i want it to. So, if anyone ewant to improve upon it or whatever feel free.

Last edited by Ellyana : 12-30-2004 at 05:28 PM.
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:29 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Here is the new edit macro window that we have on test, all skinned up for Tablets II. The only "thing" about this is for the life of me I could not find any left/rigth arrows done up in the tablets style so they are left as default now. If there are some in there and i'm just blind let me know.
The left and right arrows are in the graphic file.. t_window_elements_2.tga.. I just haven't been gotten around to reference it in the xml yet.. Wasn't 100% sure how I was going to add them.. As globals in t_Styles.xml or as local images in the windows that need them as they need them..

I haven't checked out those two windows Socials and Edit yet.. But it will probably added.. When I figure out where to put definitions, I'lll change the arrows for ya

Thanks for the help

Last edited by Talyns : 12-30-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:36 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
of course I dont mind! its mostly your work anyway

I used several frames to partition the info. It probably wouldve been better to create a graphic for that but I have no knowledge of how to work with graphics or code really. I just play around until it looks like i want it to. So, if anyone ewant to improve upon it or whatever feel free.
Frames are a little taxing on the Video Card (like 16 tiangles per frame)... But shouldn't hurt anything.. I will play with it later.
Unread 12-30-2004, 05:46 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
All the rest I will get around too.. I have works in progress on the Inventory and XP Bars already.. On XP however zone won't be there..
I've tried a couple times now to make a 2/3 bag window, but it never seems to work right for me. The game seems hardcoded to size the bag window based on the original size of the icons, not the new size. Odd thing is that if anything youd think that would make the window TOO big but it ends up too small. I'm really not sure what the deelio is on that but i'll take another stab at it sometime tonight.
Unread 12-30-2004, 06:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

aga,

? There is already a 2/3 bags window ? Just use that one ?