Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 12-28-2006, 01:22 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gegs
Probably a newbie question/Issue:

Have ProfitUI installed...working like a charm. I don't know, however, how to remove the top and bottom wide black bars in order to see more game screen. This causes, for me anyway, not to be able to see the bottom Profit UI bar unless I unlock it and bring it above the bottom black box. I assume there is a simple answer to this?

Gegs
alt+o, widescreen letter box. turn it off.
Unread 01-02-2007, 01:14 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Splitpaw

Greetings, is there going to be a fix for the cut'ed of buff icons on the target window?
Unread 01-02-2007, 02:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

My UI was totally gone when I logged in after the patch.
Guess this means I have to reinstall everything.
Anyway we may be able to get an auto updater for non techies like me?

Otherwise I really like it.
Unread 01-02-2007, 02:36 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicMan
Greetings, is there going to be a fix for the cut'ed of buff icons on the target window?
I posted a fix in a couple other threads, might wanna check this out:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...5&postcount=25
Unread 01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow312
I posted a fix in a couple other threads, might wanna check this out:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...5&postcount=25
Thanks, but what is the problem with the new one? why dose the new target thing have a problem but not the old?

Edit: And in this old files, is the auto scaling still there or?

Last edited by ToxicMan : 01-02-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Unread 01-02-2007, 07:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default Target/Implied Target windows

Since the latest update my target and implied target windows vanish when i have nothing selected. I have them at the top of the screen with other windows to create a bar across the top. now, with nothing selected, the bar is "broken". I've played with the window settings and they still vanish... any help or suggestions???
Unread 01-04-2007, 10:32 PM
A Brown Bear

the changes you made to the personal/targe/implied window (at bottom of screen) seems to have hurt the ability to assist and thereby switch targets to the implied. Whenever I click on it, it gives a message "you must have a target to assist." except I did have a target and it instead makes me target myself.
Unread 01-07-2007, 09:10 AM
A Berserk Golem

Anyone know where gm9 is? its been some time since he lasted posted anything..

Anyway, i would really like to see a real fix for the cut of buffs soon.
Unread 01-07-2007, 11:37 AM
A Brown Bear

Anyone know of a way to stop the spinners on hotbars from popping up when you mouse over where they would be if you had them showing?
Unread 01-07-2007, 01:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unrest

ToxicMan and all with the cutoff buffs/de-buffs problem:
I was having this problem too and saw that when I mouse over the target window at the top of the screen a [x] button popped up. A tooltip said "Click to change con version 1." Of course, I clicked it and the targeting returned to the old version.

Kuantum:
The menu item for "show spinners" does not seem to work for me either. The spinners do go away if you switch the Frame and Title settings to None.

Hope that helps!
Unread 01-09-2007, 08:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

First off... Great job on the UI, i love it A suggestion I would like to see if could happen... One of the things I would like to see on the bottom bar along with crit, dps, hst, etc is the total amount of + healing or total amount of + spell dmg. I think for me that is about the only thing it lacks

Thanks,
Shaedo
70 Templar of Blackburrow
<Nerfed>
Unread 01-09-2007, 11:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuantum
Anyone know of a way to stop the spinners on hotbars from popping up when you mouse over where they would be if you had them showing?
right click and choose hotbar settings, unclcik the spinner box...
Unread 01-11-2007, 04:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up RE: Fonts

Hello There,

Absolutely love this UI... One problem I had on installing though is that it has reverted all my screen/chat/text fonts to Arial. whilst this is an improvement to the default EQ2 one (imo) can you direct me to where I can manipulate the screen fonts myself as I can then choose a more suitable font for my play style. Thanks once again gm9 for all your hard work
Unread 01-11-2007, 06:51 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrouane
Hello There,

Absolutely love this UI... One problem I had on installing though is that it has reverted all my screen/chat/text fonts to Arial. whilst this is an improvement to the default EQ2 one (imo) can you direct me to where I can manipulate the screen fonts myself as I can then choose a more suitable font for my play style. Thanks once again gm9 for all your hard work
I'm not sure but I think you edit a file called "EQ2UI_fonts.xml". To add other fonts you also need to make a xml file for it. So, let's say you want to add courier to the game you need to make a "FontCourier**.xml". The ** is where you add style (New, Gothic etc) and size. Example: "FontCourierNew14.xml".

In that file you need to add the following lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TextStyle Algorithm="Simple" FontName="Courier New" Language="english" Name="FontCourierNew14" PointSize="14" UseCachedFont="true"/>

Save it and put it in the UI/ProfitUI folder. Then you edit the "EQ2UI_fonts.xml" file to add your new font to whatever objects you want to display it in.

Disclaimer: This is all guesswork from me hehe. Just by browsing the font files on my harddrive. So - I might be way off. Just don't hate me if it doesn't work lol.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 01-11-2007, 12:40 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi
I'm not sure but I think you edit a file called "EQ2UI_fonts.xml". To add other fonts you also need to make a xml file for it. So, let's say you want to add courier to the game you need to make a "FontCourier**.xml". The ** is where you add style (New, Gothic etc) and size. Example: "FontCourierNew14.xml".

In that file you need to add the following lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TextStyle Algorithm="Simple" FontName="Courier New" Language="english" Name="FontCourierNew14" PointSize="14" UseCachedFont="true"/>

Save it and put it in the UI/ProfitUI folder. Then you edit the "EQ2UI_fonts.xml" file to add your new font to whatever objects you want to display it in.

Disclaimer: This is all guesswork from me hehe. Just by browsing the font files on my harddrive. So - I might be way off. Just don't hate me if it doesn't work lol.
Cheers my friend, I'll give that a go when I return from the rat race later and i'll let you know how i get on Sterling work!
Unread 01-20-2007, 03:15 PM
A Brown Bear

I love this UI, however, even with the update I'm still having the following problem.

THe bottom stat bar is only visibile if I put my mouse over it. I've tried changing the window settings of click through, frame etc.. nothing works.

Anyone know if there is a way to have the bottom stats visible at all times?
Unread 01-21-2007, 07:27 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Try changing the Opacity of the window. Should be the "Normal" slider, make sure it's fully to the right. That should make it show all the time, even if your mouse isn't over it.
Unread 01-22-2007, 02:30 PM
A Brown Bear

Ok never had a problem before But have just downloaded the latest version. And the speed buff power regen etc bar has gone instead i've got a silly bar with all the xp on it how do i get the speead buff bar back..??
Help please.
Unread 01-23-2007, 11:54 AM
A Coastal Crab

Okay, I have tried 2 different methods posted on this website, and I still cannot get the ProfitUI to load. I tried the old way of downloading, unzipping, then making the EQ2.ini file. That did not work. I also tried the deleting the server.toon.uisettings files, and that did not work. Windows explorer shows all of the ui files in the same places they were when I used Profit prior to EoF, and it worked fine then. Is there a way that will ensure its operation that I have not tried yet?
Unread 01-23-2007, 02:27 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptdemon
Ok never had a problem before But have just downloaded the latest version. And the speed buff power regen etc bar has gone instead i've got a silly bar with all the xp on it how do i get the speead buff bar back..??
Help please.
just set the frame and titlebar to none and yer gtg
Unread 01-23-2007, 04:40 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by remma
just set the frame and titlebar to none and yer gtg

Many thanks forgot that one did it too )))
Unread 01-29-2007, 02:56 AM
A Brown Bear

Default UI Lag?

I am on Satelite ISP (sux I know). I started having major lag problems especially in raids. ( I know lag is worse then). My question is Can ProfitUI be causing part of my lag? If so is there a fix for it. if not how do I get Default UI back its not in my files?

Thanks
Unread 01-29-2007, 08:56 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Not sure whether Profit could be contributing to your lag at all, but as for getting the default back, one easy way might be to simply re-name the EQ2.ini file found in your Everquest2 folder. It's the file that tells the game as you load to use the Profit folder for your UI. If you rename it to something different the game should just revert back to the default UI.

If that works well you can easily switch back and forth just by renaming that file when you want to raid, or naming it back to eq2.ini when your not worried about lag.
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 01-31-2007, 07:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Default missing GM

they just patched the hotbars again and now there's problems getting the interface windows to even show. was hoping GM would have caught it. GM bud we miss you. you do a great job and we hope you can come back soon
Unread 02-01-2007, 08:11 AM
A Sea Turtle

I daresay there's a likleyhood of some of profit window's not working after today's LU. With no sign on GM lately would it be possible for someone to post which files they needed to delete from the UI folder to make evrything work again, assuming it was necessary.

I'm guessing some window's will need to reverted back to the default UI version..unless we're lucky