Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Interface Changes

Unread 04-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default [TEST] 4.29.05 - Interface Changes

Here are the following XML Changes found on the test server 4.29.05 with the default interface. The left side is what is currently live and the right side is what is on the test server. Changes are shown in red and some xml above and below the changes are left in for context.

Please keep in mind these changes have not gone live yet and more changes may be in the works and only introduced on patch day.

Changed:
eq2ui_CheckboxStyles.xml
eq2ui_dropdown_template.xml
eq2ui_examine.xml
eq2ui_gamedata.xml
eq2ui_GridStyles.xml
eq2ui_ImageStyles.xml
eq2ui_inventory_market.xml
eq2ui_inventory_store.xml
eq2ui_journals_active.xml
eq2ui_ListboxStyles.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_casting.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml
eq2ui_newcharscene.xml
eq2ui_RectStyles.xml
eq2ui_Templates.xml
eq2ui_tradeskills.xml

New:
eq2ui_event_template.xml
eq2ui_event_template_compact.xml
eq2ui_eventfilter_template.xml
eq2ui_listrank_template.xml
eq2ui_permission_template.xml
Unread 04-29-2005, 04:12 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow

Ok from your message on the Front Page on the site, Dolby. Might I suggest that those of us that actually have characters on the Test Server form a guild called EQ2Interface. Discuss here.

I opened the Guild Window in the UI Builder from the files downloaded from test and took some screenshots. It shows all tabs and I'm confident that some of these tabs will not appear to regular guild members and recruits. But here's what I saw in UI Builder.

**** Main Tab ****

**** Members Tab showing Show Online Drop Down ****

**** Events Tab ****

**** Ranks Tab ****

**** Event Filter Tab ****

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.

Last edited by Dolby : 04-29-2005 at 06:21 PM.
Unread 04-29-2005, 06:08 PM
SOE Coder Guy
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Antonia Bayle

All the tabs do show to all ranks. Controls are disabled if you don't have permissions to do things, but you can still see all the data.

I did that interface so if you've got any questions feel free to post 'em.
Unread 04-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNeufeldSOE
All the tabs do show to all ranks. Controls are disabled if you don't have permissions to do things, but you can still see all the data.

On the Members list tab does it show the date/time the guild member was last on in the location column? Not sure where you can see that information now from the uibuilder screen shots.
Unread 04-29-2005, 06:29 PM
SOE Coder Guy

The number of days the player has been offline replaces the location text if they are not online.
Unread 04-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
The number of days the player has been offline replaces the location text if they are not online.
Ahh great. I really like the new features of the guild window btw. I'm more excited about the interface changes then the frogs that come with LU8.
Unread 04-29-2005, 07:00 PM
A Griffon

Quote:

Looks awesome I like the changes and appreciate your work on this window. The Old Guild Window was lacking functionality compared to it's predecessor in EQ Live. Absolutely love the ability to have Personal Notes, and Officer/Leader notes too. Something many in my guild have been asking for.

In the Officer Notes we will probably use that to indicate to the officers who's who, alt wise that is. I.E. I have 2 characers in my Guild on Blackburrow, Tiggler (Guild Leader) and Primary Character, and Humudce (Officer) and Secondary Character. So in the Officer Notes it would show Tiggler as Primary and Humudce as Secondary using the Officer Notes feature.

Unread 04-29-2005, 07:49 PM
A Sea Turtle

I remember being impressed by DAoC's guild interface and assumed that all games following it would implement similar tools for guilds to make use of. Definitely disappointed to see that EQ2 didn't have even what was available in EQ1.

I'm extremely happy to see everything I wished for being added. Looks awesome.
Unread 04-29-2005, 08:17 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Kool stuff .... Boy am I glad i didnt make that start on modding the guild window for my UI lol

Nice job DNeufeldSOE

Now lets see how we can break... erm I mean mod it J/K
Unread 04-29-2005, 09:05 PM
SOE Coder Guy

Regarding modability: This is probably the most modable UI to date. There's almost no hard bindings to the code, so you can actually move most of the controls anywhere you like, and make as many copies as you like (so you could, for example, have a micro version of the event list hung off some place like your chat window). You can do pretty much all the functionality with slash commands, and all the controls are driven by dynamic data + data sources. The only exception is the member list, it's pretty much hard coded because of the variable height rows.
Unread 04-29-2005, 11:29 PM
Steward of the Faithful

/peer

/blink

/drool

I love you. And I'm not just saying that to try to get your beer. (And unlike the last time I tried to muck with the guild window, I'm actually in a guild now—hooray!)
Unread 04-30-2005, 03:26 AM
A Griffon

One request on this major change to the Guild Window. Please have some documentation prepared for Guild Leaders, Officers, and Members on exactally how the new window works. Just to clarify any confusion when this major update goes live.

And again this new Guild Window looks awesome. And it appears that most of the other changes are in support of the new window and minor tweaks to the code on the other existing windows that have been modified with this update.

Unread 05-02-2005, 06:20 PM
A Griffon

Quote:

Is there a Dynamic Data Callout to display the % for the % into Level as it now shows when you see the tooltip when highlighting the Guild XP Bar. For example the guild we created is (actually 1.6%) 2% from the Tool Tip. But the only Dynamic Data I have found to use is the Dynamic Data for the Gold Bar and the Blue Bar. The Gold appears as 0% and the Blue display's as 16%.

It appears that the Tooltip Rounds the Blue up to the full 10th. I.E. the 16% is rounded up to 20% or 2% (of the Gold Bar), the 2% is what the Tooltip Shows. Is there or can we get a Dynamic Data Call Out to show the Tooltip % that we can call out in the window it self.

Unread 05-03-2005, 12:59 AM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

Can more ranks be added, or are there only so many ranks?

Our guild has two tiers of advancement; one for fighters/scouts another for mages/priests, and it'd be nice to be able to make multiple custom ranks depending on which tier a member is in.
Unread 05-03-2005, 02:52 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarny
Can more ranks be added, or are there only so many ranks?

Our guild has two tiers of advancement; one for fighters/scouts another for mages/priests, and it'd be nice to be able to make multiple custom ranks depending on which tier a member is in.
The ranks can be renamed, but I believe that you are stuck with the EIGHT provided. However there is a spot for officer notes, so stuff could go there I suppose.
Unread 05-03-2005, 06:13 AM
A Griffon

Found a rather Odd Bugs with the New Guild Window tonight.

First off let me say that the following features work fine:
Main Tab - Edit GMOTD, Notify when Guild Members Log on or off.

Members Tab - Sorting, Promote, Demote, Remove, Patron, Personal Notes, Officers Notes, and the Show Members Drop-Down.

Events Tab - Selected Event Lock and Unlock.

Ranks Tab - Selecting and changing Rank Name.

Event Filters Tab - Checking and Unchecking the very first box [Guild Level Up / Retain Event in Guild History]

The Guild that this was tested with on the Test Server has 2 Guild Leaders if that has anything to do with these bugs. And I was logged in as the Founding Guild Leader (I was the one who gave the 60 silver and guild name to the NPC).

I have found either one or two bugs here, not sure if they are related as they are on two different tabs.

On the Ranks Tab -
In the Permissions scroll box. Clicking on any of the Non Grayed Out Check boxes casues the game not to update the Checked State on the option, and sends strange error messages to the chat window for All Non Grayed (and checked or Unchecked by Default) Options.

Error Lines with the permissions as the appear in the Chat Window (Log File).
Code:
(1115112656)[Tue May 03 02:30:56 2005] Invalid number of arguments to guild command.
(1115112656)[Tue May 03 02:30:56 2005] Usage: /tellchannel <channelname> <<message>
(1115112656)[Tue May 03 02:30:56 2005] You tell Qeynos_Help (6),"true"
(1115112774)[Tue May 03 02:32:54 2005] Invalid number of arguments to guild command.
(1115112775)[Tue May 03 02:32:55 2005] You tell Qeynos_Gnome (5),"16 true"
(1115112779)[Tue May 03 02:32:59 2005] Invalid number of arguments to guild command.
(1115112779)[Tue May 03 02:32:59 2005] You tell Qeynos_Traders (4),"16 true"
That was trying three different check box options on the Permissions. I tried them all and all gave similar messages in Different Chat Channel Names.

On the Event Filters Tab -

When trying to change any of the Event Filters with the exception of the very first one.

I would see either of these in the Chat Window:
Code:
(1115113361)[Tue May 03 02:42:41 2005] You tell Qeynos_Scout (1),"0 false"
(1115113362)[Tue May 03 02:42:42 2005] You tell Qeynos_Scout (1),"0 false"
(1115113365)[Tue May 03 02:42:45 2005] You tell Qeynos_Scout (1),"0 false"
(1115113369)[Tue May 03 02:42:49 2005] You tell Qeynos_Scout (1),"false"
(1115113370)[Tue May 03 02:42:50 2005] You tell Qeynos_Scout (1),"false"
Of course the above I was trying to Check or Uncheck options multiple times, sometimes it just showed "False" and other times it showed "0 false".

and sometimes it also showed the following error text:
Code:
(1115114747)[Tue May 03 03:05:47 2005] You tell Qeynos_Scout (1),"false"
(1115114759)[Tue May 03 03:05:59 2005] You tell Qeynos_Scout (1),"0 false"
(1115114826)[Tue May 03 03:07:06 2005] You tell Qeynos_Crafting (2),"0 false"
(1115114831)[Tue May 03 03:07:11 2005] Usage: /tellchannel <channelname> <<message>
(1115114831)[Tue May 03 03:07:11 2005] You tell Qeynos_Scout (1),"false"
I hope that this information helps in tracking down the issue.

Last edited by Humudce : 05-03-2005 at 06:15 AM.
Unread 05-03-2005, 02:06 PM
SOE Coder Guy

Humudc, I'm fixing that issue right now. The problem is that the command interpreter is looking at a line like this:

guild rank_permission 1 4 true

And seeing this:

/guild rank_permission
/1
/4 true

Because it's attempting to evaluate all the tokens as commands. I'm gonna fix this to only evaluate the leftmost token as a command.
Unread 05-03-2005, 02:13 PM
SOE Coder Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
Is there a Dynamic Data Callout to display the % for the % into Level as it now shows when you see the tooltip when highlighting the Guild XP Bar. For example the guild we created is (actually 1.6%) 2% from the Tool Tip. But the only Dynamic Data I have found to use is the Dynamic Data for the Gold Bar and the Blue Bar. The Gold appears as 0% and the Blue display's as 16%.

It appears that the Tooltip Rounds the Blue up to the full 10th. I.E. the 16% is rounded up to 20% or 2% (of the Gold Bar), the 2% is what the Tooltip Shows. Is there or can we get a Dynamic Data Call Out to show the Tooltip % that we can call out in the window it self.
Did you check /GameData.Guild.ExperienceFull ?
Unread 05-05-2005, 04:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

It would be really nice if we could get a minimum list of what we need to delete/rename from our custom UI's to get this stuff working when it goes live. Or maybe something in the update process which will issue a request box with an option to update custom UIs.

Right now I have a list of what 17 files to delete? I'd like this update process to be a little more user friendly.

Unread 05-05-2005, 05:16 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMaru
It would be really nice if we could get a minimum list of what we need to delete/rename from our custom UI's to get this stuff working when it goes live. Or maybe something in the update process which will issue a request box with an option to update custom UIs.

Right now I have a list of what 17 files to delete? I'd like this update process to be a little more user friendly.

only the guild window XML file NEEDS be deleted/modified