Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixoa View Post
Dont have eq2map_ignorelist.xml anywhere on my PC is it a profit thing? as my GF who uses fetish has it.
No it isn't a profit thing, it is a EQ2MAP thing. It allows one to add files to it so the updater will ignore the file if it needs to be updated and not update it. UI's that modifies files that are included in EQ2MAP mostly use this file to keep it form breaking their UI.
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:15 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
No it isn't a profit thing, it is a EQ2MAP thing. It allows one to add files to it so the updater will ignore the file if it needs to be updated and not update it. UI's that modifies files that are included in EQ2MAP mostly use this file to keep it form breaking their UI.
Ok so how do I get it? as I dont have have this eq2map_ignorelist.xml does it have to be created by the UI modder ?
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:31 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
It is the case almost. The borders of the start button menu do not line up either but it is still functional. The maintained window needs Version="2.0" added to the end of the first <Page> tag for it to work. The persona window works but has no inventory window so if you use the profit one you'll be missing the inventory tab.

Silat
Is anyone able to advise me on how to fix/add so that I can get an inventory window?
Unread 08-20-2010, 10:52 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenkia View Post
Is anyone able to advise me on how to fix/add so that I can get an inventory window?
The inventory window was removed by soe. You now use the character window available by pressing C.

Silat
Unread 08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default chat window

anybody having issues with the chat window? pre-updated i had the "voice" options window just above the chat bar....it's runn-oft now. same for the actual chat bar that should show up in the same window, but just below the chat text. post update both of those have disappeared for me. i've tried messing with the windows settings (frame, frame/titlebar....used to fix it way back in the long, long, ago) and no joy

NM.....fixed itself /fail??

Last edited by Scroticus : 08-20-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Unread 08-20-2010, 12:47 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hey Silat, mind posting a dl'able link for the "old" persona window here i've overwrote mine by accident and am trying to make a mod to the old inventory window that just adds a small "?" button above the close button that toggles the old profile window open and closed to maybe get around using the new default supersized persona/inventory combined window... tho it seems for some odd reasion which i can't explain getting a version conflict for the converted window... and now with further testing... still can't get inventory window mod to work still has version compatability issues but have knowticed by using the "default" persona/inventory window as a Custom window it doesn't poll the skills/factions/titles till you zone and even then seems factions and titles don't work even after zoneing and not sure about skill ups showing up automatically or till you zone a 2nd time... which kinda shoots this entire idea out of the water since its not polling the info correctly since its not the "true" persona window...

Last edited by Hantu : 08-20-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:10 PM
A Berserk Golem

Any chance we could get the class graphics back as the backdrop for the persona window? I liked by blue/white Lion Head. Or maybe since it's now the inventory window too if the background could match the color scheme we choose from the variables.
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu View Post
Hey Silat, mind posting a dl'able link for the "old" persona window here i've overwrote mine by accident and am trying to make a mod to the old inventory window that just adds a small "?" button above the close button that toggles the old profile window open and closed to maybe get around using the new default supersized persona/inventory combined window... tho it seems for some odd reasion which i can't explain getting a version conflict for the converted window... and now with further testing... still can't get inventory window mod to work still has version compatability issues but have knowticed by using the "default" persona/inventory window as a Custom window it doesn't poll the skills/factions/titles till you zone and even then seems factions and titles don't work even after zoneing and not sure about skill ups showing up automatically or till you zone a 2nd time... which kinda shoots this entire idea out of the water since its not polling the info correctly since its not the "true" persona window...
I will be converting it to be more like the old persona/inventory window in the near future...including the class backdrops.

Silat
Unread 08-20-2010, 02:52 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
I will be converting it to be more like the old persona/inventory window in the near future...including the class backdrops.

Silat
I kinda like the window the way it is now. Maybe add it as a variant.

I have sent you an email as well about the files I had sent before. Well probally won't send the email until after I ding these aa's :P
Unread 08-20-2010, 03:00 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Najena

just a heads up that the "older, larger version" of the tradeskill window is not working properly. It only displays 5/6 reaction arts in the window. the 6th can be accessed using the number 6, but it is unreliable. The smaller/default window seems to work fine.
Unread 08-20-2010, 03:29 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

TalTal

I just wanted to let you know the start button fix worked and thank you so much for your help.

Areil

P.S I had an idea for the xp bar. Would it be possible to take the coin off of it and put the start button info in it's place? Then maybe take the coin and add it to the bottom bar. I noticed with my bottom bar since soe got rid of some of the stuff I have a blank spot (where arcane, cold, etc.). Just an idea, or something I hope would help with the xp bar. Might not be able to be done but I figure any idea's at this point would help.
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

This is a character window that is very similiar to the old persona window (Just added and sized the inventory window into it). It is much smaller than the default based one and has all the same data.

Silat

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...2347#post92347

Last edited by TalTal : 08-20-2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Added Link
Unread 08-20-2010, 04:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hina View Post
just a heads up that the "older, larger version" of the tradeskill window is not working properly. It only displays 5/6 reaction arts in the window. the 6th can be accessed using the number 6, but it is unreliable. The smaller/default window seems to work fine.
Here is a fix for the variant "older, larger version". Let me know if it works.

Moved attachments to this thread:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14657

Last edited by TalTal : 09-01-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Unread 08-21-2010, 12:15 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAriel View Post
TalTal

P.S I had an idea for the xp bar. Would it be possible to take the coin off of it and put the start button info in it's place? Then maybe take the coin and add it to the bottom bar. I noticed with my bottom bar since soe got rid of some of the stuff I have a blank spot (where arcane, cold, etc.). Just an idea, or something I hope would help with the xp bar. Might not be able to be done but I figure any idea's at this point would help.
Please don't mod the XP and coin, it is working fine, as well as my EQ2 button (profit 9 button replacement). I have the button streatched to 1x9 and it works just fine.

As to removing stuff from the bottom bar, I am not seeing anything that was removed.
Unread 08-21-2010, 12:18 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post

I have sent you an email as well about the files I had sent before. Well probally won't send the email until after I ding these aa's :P
The new window is way too big, needs to be smaller. I don't care if it is split back to two windows, or just left as one, but reorged to be smaller.
Unread 08-21-2010, 02:04 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

i just wanted to say thx for your effort. i REALLY had big hopes for a new cool ui with modular quickbars etc. but its seems that rotghar ignored all cool ideas from his thread in this forums.

eternal fame for he who restores the old inv window. the new one is plain crap.
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:59 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAriel View Post
TalTal

I just wanted to let you know the start button fix worked and thank you so much for your help.

Areil

I made a new xp bar today. Here's a link to the post for it.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...2380#post92380

Silat
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:00 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
i just wanted to say thx for your effort. i REALLY had big hopes for a new cool ui with modular quickbars etc. but its seems that rotghar ignored all cool ideas from his thread in this forums.

eternal fame for he who restores the old inv window. the new one is plain crap.
Thank You.

Check out my recent post for the character window and see what you think. It is much closer to the old inventory window.

Silat
Unread 08-21-2010, 11:01 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post

Popular opinion seems to indicate smaller is better so the new version of the persona window I posted yesterday should be default. But I have asked Kaldran if he can make the current larger version a variant option.

Silat
Unread 08-21-2010, 03:23 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Silat,
I just wanted to say thank you so much for everything you do keeping profit going...I'm sure it's no easy task. So THANK YOU!!! YOU ROCK!!!
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:19 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Innothule

Quote:
Popular opinion seems to indicate smaller is better so the new version of the persona window I posted yesterday should be default. But I have asked Kaldran if he can make the current larger version a variant option.

Silat
Anyway to get the GU57 "older" bigger one back now? I'm not happy with the new smaller one at all. I went into the Profit folder but didn't find any files to rename.

*edit* No need, I'll stick with the smaller one

Last edited by Wurm : 08-22-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Unread 08-22-2010, 11:41 AM
A Darkpaw Brute

Is there anyway to reset the XP bar that is shows runspeed and the rest of the old info (like status) by default?

For a maxed out toon the rest of the information is pretty superfluous.

And for me seeing what run speed I have at a glance keeps me from jumping off cliffs without my harvesting cloak on :-P
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:23 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I would also like to see if the xp bar can show the run speed by default...I had it that way before....if not I can live with it showing the experience and will just have to remember to mouse over for the run speed, etc.
Unread 08-22-2010, 12:35 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Quote:
Originally Posted by diihia View Post
I would also like to see if the xp bar can show the run speed by default...I had it that way before....if not I can live with it showing the experience and will just have to remember to mouse over for the run speed, etc.
Or link the old version so we can download it
Unread 08-22-2010, 02:14 PM
A Berserk Golem

I prefer the old xp bar as well - no need to have the eq2 button and all the other buttons on the screen in 2 places and I prefer to see the runspeed etc... as well.

Last edited by primamezzo : 08-22-2010 at 02:17 PM.