EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-09-2010, 09:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Default Profit and GU#57

I was working on modding it for the update but I have had some rl issues come up and am not going to have the time or ability to mod for a while. Hopefully someone else will step up and take care of this for you guys.

Silat
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock

I will help where I can but I am not by any means a modder however if I had someone holding my hand so to speak to teach me the ins and outs I do have the time to work on it. I am good enough to be able to open a page of code and figure out what I am looking at and what window or role it plays in the game but not good enough to change it drastically to fit what is needed.

If someone could guide me as to what needs to be done I am willing to put the blisters on my fingers to do the writing.
Unread 08-10-2010, 04:45 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Dang Silat hope things are ok.

I'll do what I can to keep it running but you know as well as me that my experiences with this is just beginning. I have been able to finally get a few things working like I want.

I've sent you a PM
Unread 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Freeport

I hope someone can help out, I'd hate to see profit not be compatible with the new update.
Unread 08-12-2010, 01:32 PM
A Sea Turtle

I've been exploring the new interface on the test server. Today I decide to copy my ProfitUI stuff over to my test account. The only two items that did not work properly where the maintained spells and the persona/character window. The plug-ugly experience bar was gone and the standard ProfitUI one was up.

Also, all the bags and hot bars had their square corners back, but the grab handles were gone. Not a big loss as far as I'm concerned.

A quick fix for the maintained spells and persona windows was to delete the corresponding files in the profitUI folder and the default ones popped up.

OH, for those who don't care for the new red color, with Profit, the older blue one was used.

So, depending on what SOE does with the new interface between now and release of GU57, it looks like you can still use pretty much all of Profit.

Hope this helps some.
Unread 08-16-2010, 12:49 PM
A Berserk Golem

The one annoying thing is the xp bar resizes to cross the entire screen everytime you log into test. Hopefully this will get fixed as well. I really do not want to get stuck w/ the new default one - it's awful. The default maintained window is bugged - one of the icons is constantly distorted and stretched out and you can't scroll the static buffs up and out of the way so you can actually see procs in the window. I hope someone can manage to get the profit files fixed. Hope things in RL work out for you Silat - thanks for all your work keeping profit going.

Last edited by primamezzo : 08-16-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Unread 08-16-2010, 10:51 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnewton View Post
I've been exploring the new interface on the test server. Today I decide to copy my ProfitUI stuff over to my test account. The only two items that did not work properly where the maintained spells and the persona/character window. The plug-ugly experience bar was gone and the standard ProfitUI one was up.

Also, all the bags and hot bars had their square corners back, but the grab handles were gone. Not a big loss as far as I'm concerned.

A quick fix for the maintained spells and persona windows was to delete the corresponding files in the profitUI folder and the default ones popped up.

OH, for those who don't care for the new red color, with Profit, the older blue one was used.

So, depending on what SOE does with the new interface between now and release of GU57, it looks like you can still use pretty much all of Profit.

Hope this helps some.
Has anyone else confirmed that this is the case? I know there were supposed to be big changes, so I'm kind of shocked that only two Profit windows are broke without any modifications.
Unread 08-18-2010, 05:33 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default GU#57 No Persona or Inventory Window

I know you guys were aware of the inventory window issue, but I also have no persona window.
Unread 08-18-2010, 05:43 PM
An Undead Settler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budzo16 View Post
I know you guys were aware of the inventory window issue, but I also have no persona window.
that is because the inventory window & the persona window are one in the same now thx to default... you need to remove your persona window file from the profitui directory or dl the update from this forum and replace the file for it to work the "new" keybinding for it as well is "C" by default...
Unread 08-18-2010, 06:24 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Permafrost

Look at post #20

You just have to download those 2 files.
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I'm having a hard time with my start menu (*) - it's positioned on the left, upper corner and i can't move it... has anyone figured this one out ?

i've tried Papabard's suggestion:

Quote:
<Window Name="StartMenu" alignment="3" alignment_offset="0,37" backdrop_mo_o="1" backdrop_n_o="1" foreground_mo_o="1" foreground_n_o="1" frame_mo_o="1" frame_n_o="1" locked="true" size="192,720" window_style="1" />
varibles will vary but you're lookin for the startmenu item delete that line. This will fix the start menu from looking all crappy without having to delete your other window locations.
...by removing that content from C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\"<server>_<character>_eq2_uisettings.xml" file, but once i logon, it's partially recreated in that .xml and the startmenu stays at the upper,left corner... (tbh, idk if that line is for the "profit ui icon(s) button(s)" or for the start menu itself...)

Any ideias ?

EDIT: I've taken a screenshot so to make it more clear.

(*) i'm refering to the "drop down box" start menu (/togglestartmenu), where you have all the options: Claim; Marketplace; help; camp; etc,etc.

Last edited by Keeper75 : 08-18-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Unread 08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper75 View Post
I'm having a hard time with my start menu (*) - it's positioned on the left, upper corner and i can't move it... has anyone figured this one out ?

i've tried Papabard's suggestion:

...by removing that content from C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\"<server>_<character>_eq2_uisettings.xml" file, but once i logon, it's partially recreated in that .xml and the startmenu stays at the upper,left corner... (tbh, idk if that line is for the "profit ui icon(s) button(s)" or for the start menu itself...)

Any ideias ?

(*) i'm refering to the "drop down box" start menu (/togglestartmenu), where you have all the options: Claim; Marketplace; help; camp; etc,etc.
Theres no way at this time to move it from the left hand side. Its hardcoded so to speak now. This GU totally screwed over mods and the way we had things. I for one am currently just watching forums and hoping for fixes from either Rothgar or ui mod authors that allow me to feel comfortable in game again. Like not having an implied target when fighting totally sucks even though it should work.
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen
Default Mini Map Issue

I have used the updater to install Profit and all was good, except, I keep getting the Default Mini Map window. Not the nice clean one Profit had Pre-Update. Was wondering what I'm doing wrong here, and if it's EQ2Map thing. If it is the latter...is there a fix? Thanx for any all help and responses given. ~Xant~
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:38 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firetiny View Post
I have used the updater to install Profit and all was good, except, I keep getting the Default Mini Map window. Not the nice clean one Profit had Pre-Update. Was wondering what I'm doing wrong here, and if it's EQ2Map thing. If it is the latter...is there a fix? Thanx for any all help and responses given. ~Xant~
If you reinstall Profit, you have to run the EQ2Maps updater before EQ2Maps will work. EQ2 Maps must always be installed after any UI, so it can add itself to the proper .ini file. The updater will fix it, so you shouldn't have to reinstall.
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen
Default Thanksya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSam View Post
If you reinstall Profit, you have to run the EQ2Maps updater before EQ2Maps will work. EQ2 Maps must always be installed after any UI, so it can add itself to the proper .ini file. The updater will fix it, so you shouldn't have to reinstall.
Thanksya so much for the info. Would be lost without that nice little map...literally.
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:31 PM
A Berserk Golem

If im just blind ignore me

Could we get both spell reuse and ability reuse time added to the persona window?
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:32 PM
A Berserk Golem

And while im at it...

In shader 3, the dressing room and the Persona image doll is just ... horribly dim/dark with the red background..

Is this like that for everyone ?
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneWarrior View Post
If im just blind ignore me

Could we get both spell reuse and ability reuse time added to the persona window?
They are both on there already under the combat stats tab.

Silat