EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 04-13-2007, 07:18 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Controlling Iconbank Positions - how it works

Please read the posts below as they refer to a work in progress.
==================================================
After Spending literally days on this i finally figured out how to control the iconbank positioning without loosing too many features..

First of all. Yes the iconbank is hardcoded to position itself. but there seems to be a hierarchy of how it positions itself.

First off it will position itself exactly underneath the Bottom of the Heroic/epic/weak/average pages.
If that fails it seems to place itself directly under yoru target description. (ie level 54 blabla)
should that fail it seems to place itself directly under the end of your health bar. (healthbar window in ui builder).

Using this info i theorize that you can place your Iconbank almost anywhere. but there are a few things you will need to do this

First off start work with v1, make every element under the v1 page same height and same vertical position. place them next to eachother horizontally to help you keep track. making them each in size 5x5 would be functional.
Now hide each of these frames, and make sure that any graphics that would show have been hidden as well.

Once this is done. Copy V1 and rename it v0. (deleting the original V0.)

at this point they are both alike. you can now go in and delete the weak/average/heroic/epic pages from v0.

now. as you move v1 and v0 around. (these windows themselves may now be resized to almost nothing and most lilkey should be) you will see (ingame) that the iconbank should stay static now matter what you throw at it.

If you want the weak/average/heroic/epic to function as berfore. i theorize again. that you should be able to copy the originals, placeing them within the main page, (ie Target/impliedtarget). then go into v1 and change and give each subpage an "onshow" and "onhide" reference to the pages in the main page.

Also your helthbars, names, percentages etc can already reside quite comfortably outside the v1/v0 nestings, so there should be no problems there.

I will post an example if asked for. right now i have to go test my own theory Good luck all! i hope this helps someone!

Last edited by TheStarGazer : 04-14-2007 at 05:27 AM. Reason: update
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:25 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Forgot to mention
The actual Iconbank needs to be locked down for this to work
that means you need to figure out your max size, (widht,height)

Width=(iconsize+iconpadding)x(number_of_icons_per_row) + 2
Height= (iconsize+iconpadding)x(number_of_rows) + 2

Then paste this into your Size, MaximumSize and Minimumsize properties.
this keeps it from resizing and giving you wierd results.

it helps while testing to enable "render outlines". this gives you a box around each icon position.
Unread 04-14-2007, 05:31 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Edit: Ok i have now gotten to the point where i can move Iconbank around. but im having no luck with any of the elements :/.
my theories of enabling disabling the tier indicators and having the name/info things working outside of their normal nesting woudlnt work either. in other words, this seems hardcoded as well. what a PITA to have hardcoded.

So anyways.

Tiergraphics/Info/Health/Name seem to be the order of what it will attach itself too. anyone else done any research into this?

specifically how to get the "Name" to show up in the mobs con color when outside of v1 nesting
or getting the info text to show at all outside the con nesting?.