EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 09-18-2005, 10:26 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye
Default Nedra Updates!

As requested by quite a few users of the Nedra UI for me to help them out and update it for LU13

As Malnedra seem's to have gone awol lol

Since there is no addons allowed under the Nedra download page and also these changes are not tested 100%, I decided to post it in the Beta section for you guys to test it to destruction lol

It includes my version of the Nedra group window and my target windows also
All I would like posted here is bug reports on the UI, No requests please!

I may accept some requests at a later stage (depends on how much intrest and feedback I get, Also decide where I may head with this)

PLEASE DELETE OR RENAME YOU OLD NEDRA FOLDER BEFORE USING THIS! THAT WAY IT WILL MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME TO DEBUG THANKS.

As a side note to that you may wish to copy over the 3 files called

eq2ui_custompreset1.xml
eq2ui_custompreset2.xml
eq2ui_custompreset3.xml

From the old Nedra folder (if you have them that is)

[img]/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nedra.zip (268.6 KB, 357 views)
Unread 09-18-2005, 03:53 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

THANK YOU!!!

Bless you Laffs, I have been fighting with this for days. Could not get the fonts in the group window to work with any in the remaining windows.
Will check it out.

Had about 10 minutes to play around with it, and found that the mouse over does not give a description of the underlying button. IE spell name, inventory item, item in bag, etc. Also got the UI incompatible message, but did not have time to narrow it down which part it was.

Will check more later this evening.

Last edited by gulweien : 09-18-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Unread 09-18-2005, 07:48 PM
A Griffon

Oks thanks for the info... I will run it properly when I get time.... I just realy did what i did to the other UI's to update it.. Must have missed somthing and I think I know what it is lol but dont have time to fix it now so will be tomorrow..

Keep me posted if you find out more thanks

Unread 09-18-2005, 10:16 PM
A Brown Bear

Will do buddy,
I am so very glad you are taking this on, for I just love the group part of the UI. I will help anyway i can to keep this part of it up. Wish I could be of more help in the coding, but at this point, I think it is in the Fonts area the problem exists. If I am way off base, lemme know, but will keep running to help debug.

Oh, I think this may be another.....
In the group window. I see listed as artisan of lvl 24 and craftsman of 0...im a lvl 24 woodworker. Are both of these supposed to be listed???

thanks

Last edited by gulweien : 09-18-2005 at 11:23 PM.
Unread 09-19-2005, 11:19 AM
A Griffon

That TS stuff was working.... then when I tested again it wasnt lol ... I just put it down to borked dynamic data getting sent down but that must not be the case I will use a different ref to the data then...

Hopefully I can get an update on this tonight for you to try out.. thanks for your assitance it does help me lots....

Unread 09-19-2005, 12:50 PM
A Griffon

I have had to remove quite a few windows to get stuff working again, Somtimes its easier to start from scratch rather then trying to piece bits of code here and there.....

Delete the entire contents of the last folder posted please and try this one..

The TS info has not been fixed as yet, Lets start with fonts and tooltips and if this works for you now then we can move on
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nedra.zip (201.7 KB, 353 views)
Unread 09-20-2005, 05:22 PM
A Brown Bear

Ok, loaded the new zip file. A window is now coming up on mouse over of the hotkeys, etc. But, no text is visible. only a few small dots.

Also...i see you included the heritage, lore and writs info, but the eq2ui_journals_quest.xml is missing. (I loaded Jaxels xml file and it seems to work ok).

thanks for the hard work, is very appreciated.

Last edited by gulweien : 09-20-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Unread 09-20-2005, 07:35 PM
A Griffon

Yeh I seen that stuff was in the old UI folder I had so I left it in lol but took the window out... As its been quite a while since I did anything with this UI... So I dont quite recall if it was I that put it in or if it was... erm well I dunno lol

Still havent had time to test this properly myself as of yet somthing else has came up that is quite important in real life so to speak... but I will asap,

Its just a shame that nobody else has spoken up on here ? as I have had about 7 different people asking me about updateing this UI, But only 1 ie you that seems to be giving any feedback in this thread, And doing testing to actualy help get this working again!

I will get this UI LU13 compatable and add in a few extra stuff... but if I dont get anymore feedback here on this then I will take it as being a "dead UI" after this work is done in that case... I was going to put out my own version of it as a complete UI but its not looking like it will take off...

Anyways give me a few days to do some more alterations to it... As I have to drop it in my priority list...

Thanks for your help, and I wont let you down m8, just going to take a bit longer tis all
Unread 09-21-2005, 04:35 PM
A Brown Bear

Understand completely
I will drop by in a few days and take a look. As far as others, It took me awhile to find this. It was just luck on my part browsing thru the beta area, and was so glad to see you had picked this up again.

If you do end up making another UI set similar to your Lite one, that would rock. If I may throw out a suggestion.....would love to see a group window similar to this one. It is just so handy with all the stats, group, and everything all in one very small area. Really that is the only reason I have been sticking with the Nedra UI. Well anyway, hope more folks find this forum and chip in. Thanks for all the efforts.
Unread 09-21-2005, 04:57 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulweien
Ok, loaded the new zip file. A window is now coming up on mouse over of the hotkeys, etc. But, no text is visible. only a few small dots.
That is an issue with a missing line from the fonts file, i can't recall it off the top of my head, but it was the only new line added to that file.
Unread 09-21-2005, 06:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasdarren
That is an issue with a missing line from the fonts file, i can't recall it off the top of my head, but it was the only new line added to that file.
Yeh thanks for that... I know already its called Tool_Tip I had changed it to point to the old Zap font insted of the new set... must of missed somthing out hehe... But hey thanks anyways

gulweien,

Where would you have looked on this site for either updates or reworkings of an UI ? Released maybe?

Perhaps I should ask the admin nicely to move this thread to a place that people using the Nedra UI are most likely to look?

Also reguarding the group window, i liked (and still do) the way that there is loads of info contained in the one window this is the 1st UI I used and started to learn how to mod stuff with .. So its a bit like an old girlfriend that you still have the hots for if you like hehe....

Here is a SS of what could be the start of a Laffs Nedra in Perdi style so to speak but thats a mouthfull lol

Let me know what you think pls,
(it needs refining alot i know but you can see the basic idea I have from it, Also note that the target and Implided target would be 1 bar, thats visible at all times, Remember when Malnedra had the fancy frame at the top of the target window? well that could be added to either show or hide, and would stay up all the time even when no target as the way it was intended to be in the 1st place)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	3759  
Unread 09-22-2005, 11:06 AM
A Griffon

Try this then..... tool tip should be fixed and also the class info and I have added in the spell name / failure text that will hide your name when casting to show you the spell name etc.... (or at least it should hehe)
Attached Files
File Type: zip NEDRA.zip (197.9 KB, 332 views)
Unread 09-22-2005, 05:38 PM
A Brown Bear

Hey there
As to where I would look, I am always terrible about hitting the forums, so I just checked the updated downloads area. I found this post by doing an entire site search for <Nedra> and it came up with a hit on the forums. I would not really goto all the trouble of moving it because .....

the attached pic of yours....PERFECTION!!!! It has everything anyone could ask for. Stats, group, target, implied target, and I really love the ability to click on the items to activate. Will free up a few spots on my hotbar, and save me fumbling with pulling up inventory everytime on other items.

You definately have my vote on that one!!!!

I have downloaded the nedra.zip file and will test it out. If too many problems arise, I would have no problem at all switching out to that Lite and wait on your EXCELLENT new group window .
Unread 09-22-2005, 05:51 PM
A Griffon

Thank you for that gulweien

Looks like that is at least 3 peeps interested in an alt version so far,

Question

With the original Nedra do you keep the Inv window up all the time?

Just wondering because I was thinking of making that into a one that toggles as per Laffs-Lite (in the alt inv folder, much like what Landiin did) Loads of ideas for this alt nedra UI but trying to stay as close to the idea of the original as possible but make it look nothing like it if your with me? For example the group window has the same stuff in it plus more but in a different style .... to me this is good for melee and healer types in one all hp and mp info is in one close area and easy to see etc
Unread 09-22-2005, 06:12 PM
A Brown Bear

game is locked atm, so testing will have to wait a bit.

No, i dont keep the inv. window up. I have it programmed into my Nostromo game pad to toggle in when i need. Same thing with the alt <b> for bags to all open. Either way, via gamepad or interface would suit me fine.

One question for ya....I hope I have not put you to any needless effort. I was looking at my game options, and had tool tips set to auto font. I bet this should have been unchecked to respond correctly??? I was going to test it both ways once i get online.
Thanks again.

Here is what my UI looks like...I have set up 4 chat windows to help keep all my stuff straight...one is guild/group/raid, one for tells/officerchat/channels, one for all combat, and one everything else. It is actually 1280x1024, but for uploading, i shrunk it down.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	EQ2_000013b.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	3762  

Last edited by gulweien : 09-22-2005 at 06:27 PM. Reason: adding a pic of my UI
Unread 09-22-2005, 06:38 PM
A Brown Bear

WOOT!!
Ya did it with that stroke
Fixed. All fonts seem to work, the class is correct in group window.
Only played around for bout 10 minutes, but have not found any errors to this point. I think it is a safe go with this.
If I do find any problems, I will let ya know.
Unread 09-23-2005, 11:06 AM
A Griffon

Oks thanks for that...

I do see that either the hotkeys need shrinking a bit to fit the effects window over the top of them .... or maded a bit taller so they come up same hight as the group window maybe.
Unread 09-23-2005, 04:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Played for a few hours last night, and did not find any problems at all.
Personally, I would not worry about the size issue. I like to have as much open screen as possible, while still seeing all the crap folks are sending me, and still trying to actually play...hahahahha.
Up to you if you wanna tinker with it anymore, but I am very satisfied with the way everything seems to look and respond.
I can't say enough how much I appreciate the time you have put into this. My guild mates are wondering if I quit due to the combat changes
I have told them to take a hard look at your UI's, cause I think they are great.
Unread 09-23-2005, 05:39 PM
A Griffon

/blush

Thank you it is much appriciated, I enjoy doing this (97% of the time lol) and it makes me happy when I can get somthing working again for people.

I will move along to my alt version now then I guess and see what happens
Unread 09-24-2005, 12:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you very much for updating this UI. I ran it for a couple of hours doing different things. Everything seems to be working good except for 2 items that I did notice.

1. Track window, Sorting does not work. When you click on the word "sort" nothing happens. Not a game breaker but just noticed this.

2. Merchant window. In the "Sell" tab. There is no option to mark items for sell or make them not for sell. I used this before and now have things in my inventory marked not for sale, but change them to sell every so often. Main thing is the Guild Status Drops. I collect a bunch of them and mark them not for sale till i go to turn them in.

Once again, thank you very much for updating this UI. Everything seems to be working great.

Blitzn.
Unread 09-24-2005, 07:14 AM
A Griffon

I gather that those windows were working prior to the update for LU13 I made basicly I didnt touch any of those windows just the things that needed to be changed for the tooltips etc..

So best thing to do is any window that has bits missing so to speak is to go back to using the file for that window that you had been using prior to this please..

Most of the file names speak for themselves as to what window they relate to if your not sure then post here and i will tell you what the file name is for the window you need.
Unread 09-25-2005, 10:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so very much for updating this UI.

I have been running it for a couple of days now and do not see anything that is broken. I replaced the Merchant window and the Track window as you suggested. Everything else seems to be working just great.

Thank you again.

Blitzn.
Unread 09-25-2005, 10:59 AM
A Griffon

Thanks for the thanks

I was just thinking maybe you could use Jaxels merchant , quest , tracking windows etc as I recall they are quite much like what the old one's were when Malnedra first did the UI

Meanwhile I am still working on bits of the alt Nedra when I have time.
Unread 10-17-2005, 05:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thank you

Thank you for taking on the updating of this UI you are great!
Unread 10-18-2005, 07:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Overall it works really well, but I keep getting a white background where the groupmembers are...any idea what did I did wrong

The only other thing is not all the power numbers are showing...Do I need to change a setting someplace to get all the power numbers to show?

Sorry to be so clueless and thank you again for updating this UI.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	group.JPG
Views:	389
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	3885