EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 07-17-2005, 01:17 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Experience progress problem..

I'm not sure if this is a UI problem or a SOE problem. Here it is none the less.

I'm using eXtreme UI which like most UI's shows the experience down to two decimal places. Well I've noticed since I started using it that my experience seems to be progressing "oddly". Earlier I tracked this progression. I was grouped with a friend (both lv 36), and we were killing orange mobs (orcs near DFC), I had no vitality, and we were killing them at a steady rate.

My exp percentages progressed like this:
1st mob: 33.32 to 33.33
2nd: 33.33 to 33.35
3rd mob: 33.35 to 33.37
4th mob: 33.37 to 33.38
5th mob 33.38 to 34.4

This cycle repeated with the next five mobs..

It took 5 mobs for the exp percentage to show any kind of increase to get excited about. This breaks down to only .216 xp per orange mob. I watched the exp bars, and they were moving in conjunction with the exp. Now .216 per orange mob seems a pretty crappy if you ask me, is this on par to normal exp with no vitality? I have the same problem when soloing. Any ideas ya'll might have would help.
Unread 07-17-2005, 01:27 AM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Antonia Bayle

he has it set up incorrectly to explain it i will use 33.35 as an example:
instead of: 33.35
it should be: 33.5

the second digit of the percentage and the third digit should over lap each other instead of having it repeat.
the reason is the first #(#'s before the decimal) is the percentage of the whole experience bar, and the second #(#'s after the decimal) is the percentage of the way through a single bubble (10% of the whole bar)

so for example say you have 33.5% experience, that means you would be 33% of the way through the whole bar, and you would be 35% through a 10% bubble.

Last edited by taco-man : 07-17-2005 at 01:34 AM.
Unread 07-17-2005, 01:54 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

Hmm nice to know

ok to display it correctly I would need to block off 1st didget or what exptobubble returns? Because at 50 expcurrent returns 4% and exptobubble returns 43%. Kind of a wacky way to give us data. Or I'm just to sleepy to see the logic of sending data that way and not just the exp.

Last edited by Landiin : 07-17-2005 at 02:47 AM.
Unread 07-17-2005, 03:05 AM
aka Mook

Server: Nektulos

It's sending two seperate pieces of data that just happen to be related and can be combined. It was made to be displayed as a gauge, not as text, so the fact that the order of magnitude of difference isn't the same as the number of digits displayed isn't really that surprising.
Unread 07-17-2005, 12:49 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
he has it set up incorrectly to explain it i will use 33.35 as an example:
instead of: 33.35
it should be: 33.5

the second digit of the percentage and the third digit should over lap each other instead of having it repeat.
the reason is the first #(#'s before the decimal) is the percentage of the whole experience bar, and the second #(#'s after the decimal) is the percentage of the way through a single bubble (10% of the whole bar)

so for example say you have 33.5% experience, that means you would be 33% of the way through the whole bar, and you would be 35% through a 10% bubble.
After putting on the thinking cap I understand your explanation, and did a little modding the exp window, and it works great. I was getting the correct amount of exp after all, but it just wasn't being displayed right.

Landiin, I've corrected this in your experience window, and here is the new file. I modified both adventure exp as well as tradeskill exp. You can use it in your next release or upload it as a patch. Thanks for your help Tacoman.

MackGee
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq2ui_mainhud_experience.zip (5.0 KB, 235 views)
Unread 07-17-2005, 02:16 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackgee
After putting on the thinking cap I understand your explanation, and did a little modding the exp window, and it works great. I was getting the correct amount of exp after all, but it just wasn't being displayed right.

Landiin, I've corrected this in your experience window, and here is the new file. I modified both adventure exp as well as tradeskill exp. You can use it in your next release or upload it as a patch. Thanks for your help Tacoman.

MackGee
Done fixed, but I'll check out what u did and if i like better then mine I'll use it

I did the same as you did, but put it all into one page and kept the .0% the same color... That never looked right to me two toned and all.. but thats what makes this world so good, every one has their own style

Last edited by Landiin : 07-17-2005 at 02:23 PM.
Unread 07-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
It's sending two seperate pieces of data that just happen to be related and can be combined. It was made to be displayed as a gauge, not as text, so the fact that the order of magnitude of difference isn't the same as the number of digits displayed isn't really that surprising.
Yea true, I still have my mind set to eq interface sometimes lol..