EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 01-11-2006, 01:41 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Has anyone seen a post from Zonx lately? It's been a while since LU18 came out and we've yet to get a post or update. This isn't like Zonx at all. Hopefully everything is all right in RL with him. This is by far the best Custom UI available, even better than those garbage ones done by T. King. Come back soon Zonx
Unread 01-11-2006, 08:45 PM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Kithicor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulishaman2816
Has anyone seen a post from Zonx lately? [...] Hopefully everything is all right in RL with him.
The Forum search feature shows that Zonx's last post to the forums was his post to this very thread on the 21st of December.

I'll join you in wishing for Zonx well-being. I think it's fair to assume that RL is taking precedence right now. I just hope it's nothing more serious than a move, bust PC, or ISP trouble.
Unread 01-12-2006, 09:51 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default quest reward window?

will there ever be a update for LU18? getting tired of the your ui doesn't support.... for the quest reward window.
Unread 01-12-2006, 11:07 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk

You know. For some strange reason, I have no problem with using Fetish and having the windows broken. Maybe he's on vacation. Maybe he's sick and can't make it to the computer. Just because he hasn't or can't do a 'fix' in your timeslot, doesn't mean he can and is chosing not to. Be patient. If you really want to fix your journal (the reward part for each quest, correct?) then download Silverfoxes journal and bam, its fixed for now. Give people a break. It's done for free. Maybe you should try to learn how to mod for free and see how that works out for you...
Unread 01-12-2006, 12:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

I believe he's talking about the actual quest pop up window, the new one gives the quest, a description of it and tells the reward(s). I've been playing with that window trying to get it functioning so that the error box no longer pops up when given a new quest, but am running into some problems with it. The background for the box isn't showing and the Description and reward page are still showing in default, however the error msg isn't popping up anymore. If anyone is willing, I wouldn't mind some help seeing what I've done wrong lol.
Unread 01-12-2006, 06:01 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Crushbone

You all might want to take a look at this.

Hope that helps!
Unread 01-13-2006, 10:25 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I tried that, it DL'd as a .dds file that I can do nothing with, so just editing the windows myself. =)
Unread 01-15-2006, 10:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Zonk where are you

Zonk , please post us a note that you are OK ,

you have never been away this long.

We miss you,

you are the king and LU19 is coming, who knows what sony do to this the best UI in the game.
Unread 01-16-2006, 10:55 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Hope to see you soon Zonx!

Request:

This is something I noticed a while ago, but never mentioned it cause I was hoping for a fix. Whenever you log in, to character select, after going LD and crashing out, and try to log in to a character that's in use, there's no 'OK' button on the message that pops up. So basically, every time someone logs on and tries to use a character that just went LD, you have to go to char select, get that message, and X out of EQ2 - since there's no way to hit 'OK' on the message that pops up saying 'You already have a character in the world...'
Unread 01-16-2006, 10:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Target windows

Target windows...... there not working I cant change them from there
default size. can i do something to fix it?
Other than that great UI
Unread 01-17-2006, 02:12 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Grobb
Default Taget Windows

Here is the line from the included readme.doc file that is found in the fetish directory
Quote:
Update History
5.0 (Live Update 16)
Targets: Added effects bar. This required removing resizable window feature
Unread 01-17-2006, 09:08 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default I'm Still Here :)

Thanks for the concern and sry for the delay on this update.

December holidays and serious job searching has kept me away from modding. My last post and Branaddar2's mini-patch seamed to be doing a decent job of addressing LU18 issues, so I wasn't too concerned about a new release.

Guild drama has also left me pretty dissatified with the game, but I do plan to keep the Fetish UI going. I hope to have updates for both Nightfall and Classic later this week.
Unread 01-17-2006, 06:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor

Yay! Looking forward to it. And yes the UI with the patch is still very functional.

Good luck With the job hunting! And don't let guild drama get you down. There are always other guilds.
Unread 01-17-2006, 08:08 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Oggok

Good to see that your doing as well as possible Zonx, GL with the job hunt.
Unread 01-17-2006, 09:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Glad to hear everything's ok Zonx.
Unread 01-18-2006, 06:19 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

I've just started using your UI, it's my first time using a modified UI. Basically, it's great, except for a few things.

One being the meter type health/power bars. Can't get used to them, but I am a bit confused as to whether they have alternate styles or how to implement them. I read your docs but being new to using modified UIs, I feel it's gone way over my head. So if you can explain a bit more clearer to me, then that would be great.

Secondly, the group window. I think it might be a bit bugged. I was in a raid last night, and tried to target the MT via the group window, as I always do. It selected the MT briefly then automatically switched to some other group member randomly, which made it very frustrating. Sometimes it would select the MT but then switch to the mob instead. Or it would select the MT, but then deselect so I end up not targetting anyone.

The Persona bar... I assume that's the bar showing your stats, coin, etc? It disappeared from the UI, and I don't know how to get it back.

The recipe book window. Normally I can check to see what crafting books I already have, but it would seem I can't do that with Fetish.

The inventory window. I loved the fact with the default UI that I could just drag and drop items and coin into the center to automatically put them into the bags or equip them. The inventory window also had an autodrop bar, like the bank window did. That seems to be missing from the Fetish UI. I find that I can't drag and drop items/coins either. It would be nice if you could implement these things at some point.

Other than that, great job.

Splitpaw

Unread 01-18-2006, 10:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Target window

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griffon
Here is the line from the included readme.doc file that is found in the fetish directory

Ok but you didnt realy answer my question How Do I fix/
Make them resizable agion ???
Unread 01-18-2006, 10:38 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griffon
Targets: Added effects bar. This required removing resizable window feature
They are not resizable anymore.
Unread 01-18-2006, 12:28 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by traldan
Hope to see you soon Zonx!

Request:

This is something I noticed a while ago, but never mentioned it cause I was hoping for a fix. Whenever you log in, to character select, after going LD and crashing out, and try to log in to a character that's in use, there's no 'OK' button on the message that pops up. So basically, every time someone logs on and tries to use a character that just went LD, you have to go to char select, get that message, and X out of EQ2 - since there's no way to hit 'OK' on the message that pops up saying 'You already have a character in the world...'
I boot up EQ2 fast. I log in even faster. I log in before my toon can have a chance to log out. I believe they implemented that if yer loggin in from the same IP address as the one you were logged in with before, it logs you out and logs you in. I haven't had it tell me I couldn't log back in for a long time now, at least a few LU's. So, my money is on them having done something like that. If this is still doing it for you, or anyone, I have no clue as everyone I've seen still logged in when they reconnect, the log off, followed immediately by logging in..
Unread 01-18-2006, 02:03 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Jaex, regarding health and power bars... inside your Fetish directory is an images directory. There you'll find fetish_bar.dss, _ribbed_fetish_bars.dds and _simple_fetish_bars.dds files there. To change which style is used, simply rename the files so the desired style is named fetish_bars.dds.

For example: to change to the ribbed style,
rename the currect fetish_bars.dds to _metered_fetish_bars.dds
then rename _ribbed_fetish_bars.dds to fetish_bars.dds

The group, pet and target names have an auto assist feature. To select a group member or pet, click anywhere else in the window except their name.

The personabar can be reopened via the "P" button in the Persona window titlebar.

The Recipie window should show you what books you have scribed as usual. To see them, click the "edit" button next to the filter menu, then scroll to the bottom.

Auto-inventory should work as usual by dropping items into the center of the "uncollapsed" inventory window. It will not work while the window is collapsed with center area hidden.

Coins should always be droppable into the coin area of the inventory window.
Unread 01-18-2006, 02:14 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Thanks for the concern and sry for the delay on this update.

December holidays and serious job searching has kept me away from modding. My last post and Branaddar2's mini-patch seamed to be doing a decent job of addressing LU18 issues, so I wasn't too concerned about a new release.

Guild drama has also left me pretty dissatified with the game, but I do plan to keep the Fetish UI going. I hope to have updates for both Nightfall and Classic later this week.
Good to have you back.

Maybe you'd be interested in modding the Vanguard UI when it comes out?

(www.luridsojourn.org)
Unread 01-20-2006, 06:44 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

HE IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!! /hug
Unread 01-23-2006, 05:17 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
The personabar can be reopened via the "P" button in the Persona window titlebar.

Coins should always be droppable into the coin area of the inventory window.
The personabar can also be made to stay up always... I dug up the old posts on how to do it, giving credit where credit is due and explained how I had success in getting the persona bar to be up at login and stay in the window if you wish to be able to reference it always. It may be a page or few back but easier to find than having to read all sixtysomething pages of the Classic and Nightfall threads.

Yeah, just logged off and was doing some banking... coin dropped into the place in your inventory window where it gives the amounts should go "back into your pocket", so to speak.

Good to have you back, Zonx! 5 bananas for rejoicing!

Last edited by Falken65 : 01-23-2006 at 05:21 AM.
Unread 01-24-2006, 06:07 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest
Default Good to see ya!

Good luck on the RL stuff. Nice to see ya back
Unread 01-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Oasis
Talking

WOW were you missed dear friend
And can't believe with your abilities SOE hasn't snatched you up !!!
And screw the guild thing ... have had particularly bad experience on that front myself ... people I had known since EQL was in first release .... I was a leader .... /leave and just hanging with all the friends Ive been hunting with anyhow .... hurts a bit at first .... but then realized I had more friends outta the guild than in it ... lol ....

and besides ..... WE love ya !

Welcome back ... and I see great things comin RL for you