EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-01-2010, 10:39 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Unkown
Default group window extraneous crap

is there a nice addon/patch/something for the group window? i'm new to healing, and the group window could use some help.

i *love* fetish nightfall...it just looks more polished and logical than profit, and i like the interface better than the others i've tried and quickly went back to fetish.

but the group window as i see it right now is crap. while i'd rather not get in and screw with the html...i guess i will to get a better window.
  • is there a way of getting rid of the invite player, lfg toggle, and search icons in the group window?
  • how about five heal buttons instead of three?
  • is there anything to make the icon/image used for the groupmates smaller? wonder if i should look at using the raid window more. are there "clickheal" things for the raid window?

thanks.
Unread 08-01-2010, 12:45 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Everfrost

As a healer I find profit to be the best, that being said the next best is probably Drums UI. It does have the lfg buttons, but the group and raid window have cures and quick casts that are easily programmed by the user.
Both also have the class detect feature which is very important if you play more than one toon.

Hope that helps
Mao
Unread 08-02-2010, 05:23 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

1) Removing stuff is generally simple, find the XML for the control and delete it.

2) Yes its possible to add 2 more clickAbility buttons, however space is an issue and I personally have never needed more than the 3 abilities plus the cures already on the detrimental icons.

If you decide to dork with this, you'll need to mod the group window to add the extra buttons and resize/position the existing ones.

Tweak the clickAbility setup window to include the extra assignment buttons, textboxes and script handlers. This involves tweaking _Fetish_clickabilities.xml and _Fetish_mainhud_raidabilities.xml.

Note: that the above changes will be overwritten by the RaidAbilitiesEditor.exe found in the plugins directory.

3) As for Maozem's comments, totally a mater of personal preference.

Drum's recent addition of in-game editing that saves is a very nice bit of code. Unfortunately it doesn't play well with international clients, otherwise I'd consider implementing it.

Auto-class and level selection IMO has several draw-backs, including the tendency to bug out requiring a relog to re-enable your abilities. It also assumes you have 1 and only 1 set of spells per class.

The Fetish system is the original.

It allows 3 abilities organized into 7 sets that the user is free to apply situationally. You can for instance use one set for Templar Grouping, another for Templar Raiding, another for Warden Grouping, etc. What you put in a set is totally at your discretion, not constrained in any way by someone else's idea of what's best for your class and level.

You can edit settings on-the-fly while in-game (available since day one), though these changes don't save on exit and aren't international friendly.

You can make more permanent changes out-of-game via the user-friendly editor (international friendly).

Overall I find this setup more flexible than any of the alternatives and requires only slightly more effort to configure.

I have grouped and raided on the following classes and never found a need for more than 3 clickAbilities: Assasin, Necro, Guardian, Defiler, Fury, Inquisitor, Troubadour, Warden. If there's a burning need for 2 more slots, I'd like to hear the reasoning (class and abilities please). Usually I find ppl that aren't happy with the current system want extra buttons for stuff that doesn't really require targeting or simply don't understand how to use the UI features already present.

Fetish is an integrated UI, intended to address the needs of most players wanting a custom UI. It is not intended to be the ultimate setup for any one class, nor should any one window be taken out of context of the full UI set. I tend to avoid including features to suit the needs of 1 class to the detriment of all other users. Instead I encourage users to make/apply compatible add-ons to address these corner cases. Overall I feel this is better for everyone, my typical user, the modding community, and the user that really wants to tailor their UI. I'd like to think this policy has helped to encouraged a proliferation of individual window mods and Fetish clones over the years.

Last edited by Zonx : 08-02-2010 at 05:51 AM.