Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 04-22-2005, 08:46 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Agi+

So I'm a 32 Season Ranger.

I've got all Pristine Forged Feryion Chainmail, with the exception of my helm, gloves, and boots.

Boots are dwarven boots, gloves are some blackend iron jobs, that have better stats than the Prinstine Forged Feryion ones, but will have to be changed earlier (Top out at 35), and some helm. I can't remember the name, but it's got great stats.

I have a Imbued Opal Ring that gives me a +7 agility buff that last 24 minutes.
And I have two Ruckas Dolls that give me +10 Agility.

That combined with Fishy type Agility off foods, and ALL of my Scout Ability Buffs Running gives me

+170 Agility,

When Grouped last night with 4 other players I checked my Agility and it was

+209

WHOLLY COW!!! That is insane for a Season 32 Ranger isn't it?

How do I afford all these goodies? (95% Bought Items) With the exception of a sureshot bow, and one sash that I got from the comdemened catacombs, that I have yet to ind a better replacement for, even though its' blue. )

Im' a professional Harvester.

lol
Unread 04-22-2005, 10:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Verry nice.... Pass some blacked ore or average pelts my way then Mr Pro Harvester

Damn things are like hen's teeth to find
Unread 04-22-2005, 11:05 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Verry nice.... Pass some blacked ore or average pelts my way then Mr Pro Harvester

Damn things are like hen's teeth to find
I've never gotten a Blacked Ore before. But that is because I didn't start my harvesting carreer until later Tier2.

Here's the deal, People will probably not agree with me, and say the harvest are all 'random' and I'm sure I agree that they are to a certain degree, but....
I've found I can get the rares pretty often. Depending on what you consider often.

Find a good area. Every zone has a 'sweet spot' or what I call honey holes.

These are places where the nodes are more dense than typically.
More nodes in a small area mean more harvest with less time moving from node to node. Out by tower 4 in Thundering steeps is a really nice area.

If you are high enough character and need Tier3 good, around varsoons is awesome, becuase everything is grey to you, and there is very little competition because everyone else at that level has moved on to Tier4.

You need LOTS and LOTS of space. I carry 6 12 slot backpacks on me while harvesting. This way I can stay out for hours and hours.

Now the two really important things.
#1 Harvest Every Node.
I believe the system is set up for each player, and NOT per the node. I may be wrong, and there is a good chance that I am, but regardless of how you look at it. I think the more harvest you do, the more chance you have at getting a rare. I won't argue statistics, I can only offer what I've found.

If you work an area for 4 to 6 hours you will most likely get at least two rares, and probably two uncommons. 90% of what i harvest I give to guild mates or sell for cheap, or even deletel alot of stuff that doesn't sell and nobody wants.

#2 Keep working the same area. Pick an area that has dense enough nodes that you are harvesting 100% of the time, and work in a circular pattern when there is no body else around. If there is competition, you will want to break up your pattern often. After you work an area for a while, and really clear it out, the nodes will be much more mixed, and tend to pop in clusters.
After working an area for an hour or so its not uncommon for me to see 4 or 5 nodes, of the same type pop within minutes of each other.

#3 Try to schedule your harvest times for non-peak hours, and/or harvest in areas that are major agro to other players.

I usually spend 2 to 3 days, maybe 4 or 5, just after I enter a major level change, like going to 30. I get enough rares to outfit myself with the best gear i can buy, and use the harvested resources to make a major food purchase. That way I dont' have to worry about food or armor upgrades for the new zone for a while, and I'm very prepared for the harder mobs.

Nothing worse than getting access to a new zone, but not being able to explore because your clothes are tatters.

Anyway, I dont' tradeskill at all these days. I hardly ever get chest drop loot.
I woudl say less than 3% of all coin I have made in game has been from chest drops. When grouped I hit the decline button 90% of the time.

I could probably make more coin, and make it at a steady rate, but I can't stand to be in the tradeskil instance.

I'll usually harvest for an hour and clear everynode in site, then kill a few things and then go back to harvesting.

Works for me and keeps me from getting too bored, and pays well so far.
Unread 04-22-2005, 11:17 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Thanks for the guide.. I had noticed that after a while you do get alot of the same node poping...

The rares etc are by the roll of a dice therefore just down to luck my friend she gets at least one per night somtimes 3 within a period of about 2 hours whilst wiating for me to get my ass outta the tradeskill instance hehe... But she makes more gp's selling the rares than what I do selling weapons at the rate of maybe 6 weps a session.. Mind I dont put them up for the top rate as I like a fast turnover rather than hanging onto somthing for weeks to make an extra 20-30s from it.
Unread 04-22-2005, 11:43 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Thanks for the guide.. I had noticed that after a while you do get alot of the same node poping...

The rares etc are by the roll of a dice therefore just down to luck my friend she gets at least one per night somtimes 3 within a period of about 2 hours whilst wiating for me to get my ass outta the tradeskill instance hehe... But she makes more gp's selling the rares than what I do selling weapons at the rate of maybe 6 weps a session.. Mind I dont put them up for the top rate as I like a fast turnover rather than hanging onto somthing for weeks to make an extra 20-30s from it.

The payoff for you is when you hit the tier5 level tradeskill abilities. there are alot few crafters at that level than adventurers. You will probably be making tons of money at that point.
Unread 04-22-2005, 12:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

well a weaponsmith rarely makes money in tier 5. There are tons of heritage weapons out there. Every heavy plate class will probably try to get the electrified ebon blade claymore.