EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 09-04-2005, 03:28 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertoocs
Problem is, I can't get it to display. I unzipped everything, but it only displays the default startbutton now. I originally unzipped everything except the mainhud.xml file (because I'm running Fetish's complete UI plus a few other windows I've altered myself).

Yep I have that same problem. One thing is that the startbutton.xml is referring to widgets (for manastone) and these aren't included in the downloadable. I also run Fetish Classic/Goth theme plus other bits and pieces here and there including Jaxel's Melee startbutton with no problems using Fetish mainhud.xml edited to include harvest and notes.

Nevermind - I suspect he is probably working on it like mad and it will be ready when its fixed! Its truly a beautiful thing this startbutton thanks Jaxel!
Unread 09-04-2005, 07:45 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

widgets is part of the default UI... it is not included with the download because you already have it.

If the startbutton isnt showing up... type this /hide_window MainHUD.Inventory (case sensitive) and it will work. You will only have to do this once. This is because the EQ2 UI is so random for certain bugs.

As well, there is a new version of the start button up that will make it easier to grab the window and move it.
Unread 09-06-2005, 07:24 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
If the startbutton isnt showing up... type this /hide_window MainHUD.Inventory (case sensitive) and it will work.
Nope, didn't work. I have a startbutton showing...it's just not yours. It's the default UI startbutton that shows once I unzip your mod into the directory. If I overwrite your startbutton.xml file with Goldi's, that one displays again properly (although the harvest and notes buttons aren't working for some reason).

Is this just not compatible with the Fetish UI? That's the only thing I can think of that could be keeping this from working properly.

Last edited by Ertoocs : 09-06-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Unread 09-07-2005, 04:39 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Ahh I thought they might have been new widgets as I have a couple of pieces that have included their own image/widgets =)

Anyway, I tried your solution Jaxel but no luck as with the above poster I just get the default button. So, ok I may not know what I am talking about just throwing out ideas:

a) could there be a settings file or something that isn't updating/changing whatever?

b) when I use other interface pieces with the Fetish Classic UI there is *usually* no reason to amend the Fetish mainhud.xml (aside of course from the obvious inclusion of Notes and Harvest xml's in the include list which has always worked a treat - both Goldi's and your start button versions). I had a quick look at the mainhud.xml included with your new startbutton but couldn't see anything new I should be including in my mainhud.xml....could that be a problem?

It would be kewl if we could hear from some other Fetish users because if they don't have a problem we can pick their brains about how they have things set up Glad I have a copy of the melee version on hand for now (face it - I have old copies of everything just incase!)
Unread 09-07-2005, 06:14 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Try /show_window MainHUD.Inventory
Unread 09-07-2005, 06:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw
Question

Now i haven't actually tried the latest version of the startbutton, but the screenshot shows a detail that puts me of.

The arrow that hides the volume/graphic sliders seems to hide the bottom row of custom buttons too (the rings, illusions etc).
I use some of those quite a lot (the super-vision ofr instance) but i don't want the sliders/graphic settings taking up space constantly. Is there or will there be a version available of your startbutton mod that only hides the stuff below that last row of buttons?
That is the /con, harvesting, notepad is hidden, but everything above it is shown?

Also, the unequip all is a nice feature, but the buttons above/below being rather small, wouldnt it be better to place that where teh harvesting button is or something, accidently unequiping all, when just trying to open the inventory or using the hex doll... would really suck.

In general i really love this UI mod, although currently using some older pieces, because i frankly like them better.
Unread 09-07-2005, 08:35 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxel
Try /show_window MainHUD.Inventory
Nope, it's gotta be an incompatibility with something to do with Fetish UI pieces. I tried this command and an inventory window popped up (believe it's the Fetish version of the window), but the startbutton didn't change at all. Out of curiosity, I typed in /hide_window MainHUD.Startbutton and the inventory window popped up again along with a second instance of the default startbutton that had no function (I couldn't move it, get rid of it, it didn't open anything when I clicked it).

BTW, I have camped out after each try and still get the same results. So, unless someone that's running some Fetish UI pieces and has gotten this working can speak up and let us know how they got this working, it looks like I'm gonna be sticking with Goldi's button for now (which is ashame since I think I really like yours better).
Unread 09-10-2005, 11:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi, thanks for all the work on this mod. It's a great piece of work and makes the gameplay a more enjoyable experience.

Were you in the DoF Beta? I am sure it will break this mod and I was wondering how long I would have to deal with the original version.
Unread 09-10-2005, 03:00 PM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertoocs
Nope, it's gotta be an incompatibility with something to do with Fetish UI pieces. I tried this command and an inventory window popped up (believe it's the Fetish version of the window), but the startbutton didn't change at all. Out of curiosity, I typed in /hide_window MainHUD.Startbutton and the inventory window popped up again along with a second instance of the default startbutton that had no function (I couldn't move it, get rid of it, it didn't open anything when I clicked it).

BTW, I have camped out after each try and still get the same results. So, unless someone that's running some Fetish UI pieces and has gotten this working can speak up and let us know how they got this working, it looks like I'm gonna be sticking with Goldi's button for now (which is ashame since I think I really like yours better).
all /show and /hide commands are CASE SENSITIVE... if you dont get the right case, a second, non-functioning version of the identical window will show up. If you typed in the command I gave you and a FETISH window showed up, that means you didn't install my mod correctly. You MUST copy over ALL the files including in the zip.
Unread 09-13-2005, 12:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Innothule
Default Some questions

Wow never know when you'll find another OCD person. Any way, what will the new DoF do to your game interface? I have the complete OCD exp. My other question is how do i, should I ever want to go back to the standard EQ2 interface? If you would be kind enough to email me at "[email protected]" I would be most appreciative.

Rich
Unread 09-13-2005, 01:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

can you do a loot window without the "enter to accept" mod?
It is nice to press enter and loot everything.
Except when you want chat, get the loot window pop up, accidentally press enter and loot the three fabled items marked no-trade that you cant use.
Unread 09-13-2005, 07:46 AM
A Dragoon Sith

the new expansion will COMPLETELY kill the current iteration of OCD-Adv. Disable your custom mods until I get a chance to upload new version later tonight and tommorow. Although I am usually the first person to have updated versions of LU upgrades (because I am OCD and all), this week has been a very busy week for me and I have been unable to work on OCD at all.
Unread 09-13-2005, 12:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default How do Disable OCD interface

Jaxel,
How do I go about disabeling the interface. Thanks for all your hard work and great products.

Rich
Unread 09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suunsu
Jaxel,
How do I go about disabeling the interface. Thanks for all your hard work and great products.

Rich
You can do one of the following:

- rename your custom interface folder to something else
- delete your eq2.ini
- delete your custom interface folder all together.
Unread 09-13-2005, 01:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
You can do one of the following:

- rename your custom interface folder to something else
- delete your eq2.ini
- delete your custom interface folder all together.

Thank you for your help
Unread 09-13-2005, 04:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Looking forward to your update Jaxel, this is by far my favorite UI and there is no way im going to another UI while you update it ... so i will just have to bear with the standard until you are done.
Unread 09-13-2005, 04:49 PM
A Mist Grinnin

I use a number of your mods, and they all seem to still be working. Now, there are somethings that looked like they would need changed with this update so I would reccomend still giving them a lookover to make sure, but at least theyare not game breakers right now.

Compass/clock with new fonts
Inventory
Journal
Market (UI loaded, but I did not try to open or use window)
and i think your Tracking window, but not sure. 8)
Unread 09-13-2005, 04:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Love this UI...

As a temporary fix you can remove the updated files (see below) and everything else appears to work ok although you do get the "your interface isnt compatible...." error.

Zoning is a little slow, but other than that everything seams fine

Updated files this update

eq2ui_commonelements.xml
eq2ui_specialelements.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_skills.xml
eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml
eq2ui_popup_book.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_person.xml
eq2ui_mainhud.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledgesort.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_effects.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_maintained.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_clock.xml
eq2ui_loginscene.xml
eq2ui_textstyles.xml
Unread 09-13-2005, 05:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Please oh please fix it up when you get a chance as I will not even play without the sexiness of your mod
Unread 09-14-2005, 06:33 AM
A Brown Bear

Beautiful, just downloaded the update- Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but thank you soooo much!
I switched back to default so I could see my combat changes, and /puke.
Unread 09-14-2005, 10:18 AM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Befallen
Default Guild Bank issue

Nevermind. I re-downloaded your complete set & now it works. The update files didn't see to though. hmmm.

//lollygagger

I've downloaded your guild window / bank patch last night.

Guild window works great thank you for addressing this so quickly.

Guild Bank window comes up as a large black rectangle. THere's something I am missing obviously.

//lollygagger

Last edited by lollygagger : 09-14-2005 at 10:26 AM.
Unread 09-14-2005, 12:43 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Blackburrow
Default Exp in Persona

Just updated to your LU13 complete, love you ui by the way, but the experience bars in the persona window are not functioning. Bars are there, mouse over info works, but it doesn't display the progress bar.

Thanks
Unread 09-14-2005, 01:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

just downloaded the update and several parts are not working for me, in face im pretty sure its making my game crash as well. Most windows are not displaying properly including the persona window. I do not have a target window, the window that displays your character name and health etc, is just solid red and green bars and displays no actual information... please help
Unread 09-14-2005, 02:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittydks
just downloaded the update and several parts are not working for me, in face im pretty sure its making my game crash as well. Most windows are not displaying properly including the persona window. I do not have a target window, the window that displays your character name and health etc, is just solid red and green bars and displays no actual information... please help
First off did you remove the old ui completely first? I would recommend deleting it all and then installing his. Also, did you install any other mods after installing this one? Remember a lot of mods break if you add certain other mods. Part of this is a weakness in design by SOE the rest is bad authors not using their own image files and such. If all the authors would create their own image files with their own custom names we could avoid a lot of these kinds of problems. I was having problems trying this ui but it was caused by some of the other mods I added that i prefer over what is included. Good luck!
Unread 09-14-2005, 02:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Windows in wrong places

I followed the instructions, and the windows show but are not in the right places. I am using 1280x1024, does it need to be set different?