EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Beta

Unread 04-04-2006, 05:16 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I've been looking into the forced picture during zoning... the best i've been able to do so far was just a black screen, not sure if i'm missing something, or if the client itself forces the screen black. some more details on how your old UI handled this would be handy.. right now i'm looking at creating a vert options window so you can turn on or off things like pet window always on, UI during zoning, and load screen / black screen (or last image if i can figure that out) etc...
Unread 04-05-2006, 09:33 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Butcherblock
Default thanks!

first off, thanks for updating this UI. I love it!

quick question though. Is there a simple way that I am missing to get back the bar that had the active buff /debuffspells with the timer on it? I still have the window that shows the icons of active spells, just not the blue numbered bar anymore for some reason?

also.. I havent checked yet, but I know another UI that has all the quest info built in to it from Ogaming or somewhere. is that in the info section of this UI? or is it something to just suggest?
Unread 04-05-2006, 05:44 PM
A Griffon

alt-m should restore the active buff bar.. if not, just check in your settings to see what key is assigned to it.

info center does contain walkthroughs for most important quests... I havn't seen anything with all quest info myself, and tend to think that would make the UI huge with the thousands of quests available...
Unread 04-09-2006, 10:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Help =)

Not sure where to post, however since it regards Vert Reborn... I will post here.

Downloaded UI and fell in love with it. I also noticed that there was a file package included that allowed me to change the color of SOME of the elements of the UI. My favorite color was there .. Purple. So now I have some of the elements purple. (the maintained spells and group bars)

OK...here's the question, as I am not a programmer....not even close... I opened some of the files and see there are lines in there that allow you to change the color codes.

Can it be as simple as me using the Color chart and replacing the current color codes with new ones to change the UI color scheme?

I'm trying to change the boxes from the brown color to something more PURPLE..hehe.

Please if someone can point me to the right area or offer help I'd appreciate it.
Unread 04-09-2006, 11:10 PM
A Griffon

Unfortunitly it takes a bit more then changing some of the color codes to fix the colors. Most the parts of the UI are contained within a graphics file that has several window pieces. But changing colors is definatly something to be looked into, and the sort of suggestion i've been looking for. The down side being complete color revamps would most likely involve going the way the original vert did (with 6-7 downloads, 1 for each color). It would definatly be possible, and without to much work, to change the window frames from grey to whatever color.

Last edited by Ranot : 04-09-2006 at 11:21 PM.
Unread 04-10-2006, 03:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Nagafen

If I remember correctly, the UI peices are all in a coupple files, well the ones that need to be changed from blue to whatever color.

I would sugest just open the files in photoshop, or your choice graphic editor and adjust the hue/saturation of the files, make sure your choosing colorize, it will change the colors of the colored areas and leave the black/gray alone. it will make it very easy to develop new color layouts.

I love what you have done with the Mod, you have done a good deal of improvements and the upkeep is nice.

Unread 04-13-2006, 10:47 PM
A Griffon

Default v2.3

Changelog v2.3
----------------
- Look up in the sky! it's a bird, it's a plane, it's LU22!! and Vert is now compatable with it.
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:00 AM
A Grove Wisp

Search in recipe window plzthxkbye

P.S. Why is this thread still in the Beta section?

Last edited by madlordofmilk : 04-15-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Unread 04-15-2006, 10:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranot
Changelog v2.3
----------------
- Look up in the sky! it's a bird, it's a plane, it's LU22!! and Vert is now compatable with it.
Not really no. The lfg window is bugged. You can't search by class, you get no drop down menu and if you try to scroll anyway you crash to desktop.
Unread 04-15-2006, 07:40 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlordofmilk
Search in recipe window plzthxkbye

P.S. Why is this thread still in the Beta section?
hrmm... what's wrong with the search? (as in... i see it.. and can use it... the upload i did should of been the same i'm using except for the control panel test stuff) as for why it's still in the beta section... well... good question :P I have a bad habit of considering my stuff always in beta lol.. i'll move it to released with the next update i do
Unread 04-15-2006, 08:23 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ykalon
Not really no. The lfg window is bugged. You can't search by class, you get no drop down menu and if you try to scroll anyway you crash to desktop.

Just fixed that problem now... thanks for bringing it to my attention, they use to keep the scrolls on seperate pages so they would be invisible or visible based on the check mark, when they moved it from there own pages to the general one it broke the window since the datasources are hardcoded... once i know more about the search from madmilk i'll upload the fix
Unread 05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
A Griffon

Default v2.4

Vert is now out of beta, Please move all questions and comments to the new post located at http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6097

Last edited by Ranot : 05-02-2006 at 09:20 PM.