EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-24-2004, 04:03 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default Tracking window

Hi, anyone working on a tracking window default one takes up far too much space on screen, would be nice to have a smaller or resizable version. Even removing frame and title it's still too big.
Unread 11-24-2004, 04:39 AM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

I agree. Moving the color filters above the PC/NPC/Group menu is what I'm planning DOING. It's on my to-do list for MookUI but I'm unsure when I'll get to it. I'm working on it now, think I'm about 80% of the way done. Unfortunately the track window is one of the ones that causes a crash after /loadui so I have to quit and log back in to check every change so the last 20% is gonna take a while. :P

(Sorry about the gray text, couldn't see how to do Strikeout. )

Last edited by Deathbane27 : 11-24-2004 at 06:05 AM.
Unread 11-24-2004, 07:43 AM
aka Mook

Modification Complete!

There's a few minor graphical glitches which I don't consider worth solving, but oh well. :P

Attaching image and XML file (zipped) here. Just plop the XML file into the folder of whatever mod you're currently using. Will release via regular channels after I get enough sleep to feel confident there isn't some major flaw I missed and I whip up the readme. Or maybe I'll wait until MookUI is ready, should be within a week... dunno, too tired to plan.

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trackingwindow.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	204  
Attached Files
File Type: zip MookUI_tracking_beta1.zip (1.9 KB, 498 views)
Unread 11-27-2004, 04:34 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

I really like this mod.

I've sized mine down to what you are calling a Tasty size. One thing I do notice is Name is off-center. If you make the background fully transparent, and you make the dark bar that is the background of the word name appear over a very light colored area, you will see a blank square. It's right under the down arrow for changing the sort type.

I really like the simplicity of this, and might even make the change myself if you don't.

Thanks.
Unread 11-27-2004, 07:29 AM
aka Mook

Yeah, not sure what's up with that. I probably resized something I didn't mean to. You can see a little box at the end of the header that's lighter than the rest of it.

I'm actually using an even more compact version now which is what I'll be uploading as part of the MookUI package. It's got "Name" changed to "Re-sort" (which is what it does), and it's placed to the left of the PC/NPC/Group filter dropbox. Figured there wasn't much reason for it to take up its own line.

Here, I'll attach it for ya. No screenie though.

P.S. If you decide to poke around in the XML, you'll see a kazillion spaces after "Re-sort". This is because it insists on placing the table header label in the center of the table, regardless of how big the header is. And the sort function is tied to the header. So that was the only way to do it. :P
Attached Files
File Type: zip MookUI_tracking_v06.zip (1.9 KB, 437 views)
Unread 11-27-2004, 02:46 PM
A Brown Bear

I really like it. I changed Re-sort to sort. That seems to draw less attention to the word.

Unread 11-29-2004, 07:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Is reducing text size an option? That would allow longer names to show better in the smaller windows.

A version of "Tasty" that uses a smaller font size, drops the track and cancel buttons for smaller, half-high versions and put the drop down box and the "Name" sort key on one line would be swell.

Thank you very much for the work you have put into this. I am liking it much better in-game.