EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-21-2004, 11:01 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Map pointer

Hi,
I glanced the rest of the request but didn't see this. IMO it's a major annoyance and likely easy to fix.
On the map view, can the icon for your location be made into a pointer to show which way you're heading. i.e as in every other RPG/FPC game ever made. I often navigate in mapview and in EQ2 it's a guessing game which dir you are headed.

Also on the subject of maps, it would be great if group members were shown, even if only while targetted in grp window. Funny thing about all that that is that my red dot shows "Rawsput" when I mouse over it. If I'm the only PC shown on map, why bother showing name?

Sorry if these are noob questions, and thanks in advance if they can be fixed.
Unread 11-21-2004, 12:15 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Sorry, we can't mod the UI to show information that's not sent to the client with the proper data tags, and the information you've requested isn't. SOE needs to add the ability for us to make these changes.
Unread 11-24-2004, 06:22 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Blackburrow

Isnt the information sent to the compass? Couldnt that little red dot be made into an arrow that rotated based on the same info that the compass scroller recieves?
Unread 11-24-2004, 06:30 AM
aka Mook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikan Karo
Isnt the information sent to the compass? Couldnt that little red dot be made into an arrow that rotated based on the same info that the compass scroller recieves?
Hard-coded into the compass. The information IS sent to the client, yes, but not in a format we can use without creating a third-party program to read it and insert it back to the map window, which would be both orders of magnitude more difficult than simple UI modding, as well as being a blatant EULA violation. Not gonna happen here.
Unread 11-24-2004, 12:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

It is easy to change the dot to an arrow, but the problem is, the arrow does not turn on the map if you turn your character...

I thought, maybe we could read the position of the compass to make the arrow turning, but i did not find anything. To be honest, i am new to this modding, so i let other people do that.

OFF on

The question is, why DEVs make the whole GUI this idiotic way, although nobody likes it.

They said, EQ2 is not EQ, but in a (by me) do not understable manner they stick with old stupid EQ style gamedesign...

Somebody should send them this url, maybe then they will see, that its just plain stupid, what they did.

SWG does not need such a site, because the GUI is simply genious.

To be honest, i think i will quit the game after the free month, because there is NOTHING right in this gameplay...

OFF off
Unread 11-24-2004, 01:13 PM
aka Mook

Flaming is not allowed here. If you want to rant against EQ2's designers, go post it on their boards and see how much good it does. Sending them this url would do absolutely nothing except to make them annoyed with you.
Unread 11-24-2004, 06:24 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Innothule

Overall I've been happy with the UI, though I've seen some decent posts for requests of new features and I agree with them. I would like to see an arrow instead of the dot. It can be aggrevating to look from the map to the compass to verify which way you are facing or run in a circle to get your bearing of which way to go.
Unread 11-25-2004, 06:05 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Blackburrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunnenkoenig
It is easy to change the dot to an arrow, but the problem is, the arrow does not turn on the map if you turn your character...

I thought, maybe we could read the position of the compass to make the arrow turning, but i did not find anything. To be honest, i am new to this modding, so i let other people do that.

OFF on

The question is, why DEVs make the whole GUI this idiotic way, although nobody likes it.

They said, EQ2 is not EQ, but in a (by me) do not understable manner they stick with old stupid EQ style gamedesign...

Somebody should send them this url, maybe then they will see, that its just plain stupid, what they did.

SWG does not need such a site, because the GUI is simply genious.

To be honest, i think i will quit the game after the free month, because there is NOTHING right in this gameplay...

OFF off

This is a matter of opinion and if you're gonna rant about something this site has no control over then please dont post here.
Unread 12-02-2004, 07:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default ...

To be honest I don't really care about the dot vs the arrow, but thought maybe ADDING the compass itself to the map? Would that be a viable temporary "fix" for all the people that are a bit less directionally sound?