EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 01-24-2007, 08:20 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Najena
Default minimap

I wondered if it was possible to make a minimap addon.

Ive search the addons but only seen reziable map but what i am requesting is a minimap who funtion on its own so i still could have my big map.

What i would like is a small square form minimap there could be moved around as u wish.

thanks in advance
Unread 01-24-2007, 01:53 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...hlight=minimap

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 01-24-2007, 02:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

he asked for a stand-alone, not a shrinkable EQ2map.

and I would like to know if it exists too.
Unread 01-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

You could make a minimap window that would use the current zone's map image, but It wouldn't have any way points, nor show any thing other then the map image. Even then the real map window would have to be opened once in the current zone to get the correct zone map image in the minimap window.

Last edited by Landiin : 01-24-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Unread 01-24-2007, 03:26 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Fetish has a minimap so you could always try to isolate that out of the download. To be completely honest It's not all that useful and I haven't found myself using it at all. The shrinkable EQ2MAP that Fetish includes is much more useful and I use it all the time. I would suggest setting my sights on that instead.

FYI: the actual minimap that Fetish has doesn't include the POIs as noted above since I think that would be impossible but you can in fact open it without opening the actual map first.
Unread 01-25-2007, 03:16 AM
A Brown Bear

hmm thats to bad i played wow for some time and liked the minimap there. Dont care about if the minimap dont show the nps and all.. all it needs to show is me as a player (arrow shaped) and the landscape ..cause even with track i get lost

The fetish one dont work for me for some reason.. im a bit of a addon newbie so to much configuration and my brain stops to work

Guess i have to get used to haveing a big map blocking my view .. but a minimap would indeed have been nice.

and yeah i look fora stand alone minimap and not a reziable one.. i want to be able to gain acces to the big map every once in a while sort of like the minimap in world of warcraft, for those who is familiar to that game.

Last edited by Anien : 01-25-2007 at 04:54 AM.
Unread 01-25-2007, 12:35 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Couple of things to keep in mind:

1. The minimap with Fetish is resizeable but it wont have your player arrow (I don't think so anyways)

2. The smaller map that comes with Fetish does have your player arrow and you can turn the POIs off if you like. It even has a button so you can switch between the full size and smaller size with ease.

3. The Fetish set is worth installing as a whole. I would suggest installing the entire thing then working backwards if you like by deleting the extra files that you decide you don't want. A little bit of playing around in the game withi it will quickly give you ideas of what you like and don't and it's really easy to remove those parts you don't like.

If you decide to go with number 3 above then I would be more than willing to help assist you in removing aspects that you don't want. For example, if you came back and said I don't want the inventory or bags I would let you know which files to delete from the custom folder. It's not that difficult and worth considering. This, btw, is exactly what I did for myself and a friend.

Ever since installing Fetish and using the smaller map I can't picture living without them. It's a great addition that helps in so many ways. It even includes drop down menus so that you can view other maps for zones that you aren't even in. Helpful for multi level zones where you are looking for specific locations.
Unread 01-26-2007, 02:35 PM
A Brown Bear

I asked myself the same question today. Was looking for a minimap, but couldnt really find one. The Fetish Minimap didnt work with ProfitUI on me. The normal map were ok, but the Minimap were completely black. Setting the transparency of WHOLE window to low made the map getting A BIT visible, but from a point on it faded with the window then too... I couldnt make it work.
Unread 01-27-2007, 12:20 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe

If you decide to go with number 3 above then I would be more than willing to help assist you in removing aspects that you don't want. For example, if you came back and said I don't want the inventory or bags I would let you know which files to delete from the custom folder. It's not that difficult and worth considering. This, btw, is exactly what I did for myself and a friend.

Ever since installing Fetish and using the smaller map I can't picture living without them. It's a great addition that helps in so many ways. It even includes drop down menus so that you can view other maps for zones that you aren't even in. Helpful for multi level zones where you are looking for specific locations.
Thanks alot for volenteering to help me with the fetish addon that is very kind of you. However i think i choose to go with the random map there is, because i am afraid of destroying my current ui which i accually spent ALOT of time to get to work.
But again thank you
/bow
Unread 01-28-2007, 02:13 PM
A Brown Bear

When he now doenst want to use it anymore, then help me pls!
Unread 01-28-2007, 03:39 PM
A man among men
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

I'll try, I found out a way to put together the inventory and persona window, to one window. But everytime i use it it crashes.

It should be similar
Unread 01-28-2007, 07:02 PM
A man among men

Wow...I think I did it..ahhaa

I'll show u my progress soon for u to download.
Unread 01-29-2007, 06:53 AM
A Brown Bear

nice, dude!
Unread 01-29-2007, 08:46 AM
A man among men

Exclamation

Ok, I made a seperate map window that only can be opened with /show_window <blahblahblah> command. The arrow of where you are works, create path, groupmembers,etc...You can have a your current map mod and this mod up at the same time w/o them interfering.

The problem is it cannot resize like the fetish shrinkable map, because all the poi icons, fog, etc, is all in the wrong place-it is programmed that way.

So the only way I can see it as of now is something similar to a talyn mini map.

So it would be like a stand alone talyn mini-map. That's all i can see now...any help is appreciated.

I'll post and show you to DL w/ progress. took me all day sunday.
Unread 01-29-2007, 11:21 AM
A Brown Bear

Man, you just rock!!! NICE!! please post the link then when you uploaded it. =)

BIIIIG THANKS!!!