EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 09-24-2010, 08:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown
Default Indicate target - enemy or friend

Hi,

i've been mulling over the fact that, during PVP, I want an easier way to know if I'm targetting an enemy or a friend. Basically a skull icon visible if I've got myself an enemy on the other BG team.

Insight into how this can be done?

I've already started mucking around using ways that the UI signals it already. There's a light green colour in the mob name if it's a friend (a warmish yellow green color, i've got the hex code written down)... whilst another colour for the name if it's an enemy (a cyan colour). I'm thinking:

Inspect the target's name colour.
If white (neutral NPC) or light warm green, skull icon visible = false
If anything else, skull icon visible = true

Basically what I'm really doing this is signifying if something is ATTACKABLE, really. Which in a BG translates into "he's from the enemy team" by definition.

The only place this would fall down is the attackable NPCs liek guards who really are friendly. Which I'm not sure how to deal with. Perhaps I could say "only do this check if in a battleground"?

Would be good to get some others' ideas on this!

EDIT: Nevermind. I've figured out this isn't possible. We set name colour in the UI options panel and this isn't sent to the player's target frame itself. so even if I query the name label for its colour, and compare to what I've set, it always returns FALSE - it thinks it's the hardcoded colour. (I've ensured Dynamic Data has the colour filter in). So a dead end! I've mitigated my "unable to see enemies issue" by setting group colour to white, and other enemy colours to red - at least then I can easily see if I've targeted an ally or friend in a BG. Well, easiER, anyway.

Last edited by gdujj : 09-26-2010 at 01:36 PM.